• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Annual Jersey Purchase

Every year I get one, last year a few months before the draft I said id buy the jersey of our first round pick. While I was against the Lynch pick I was a man of my word and picked it up.

I typically by throwbacks or older ones (tasker, kelly....etc). As for current Bills I have one rule (normally) and thats to only buy jerseys of guys who either have been or are currently under contract for the long term. Far too much movement in football these days to just randomly buy jerseys.

Thankfully these rules have prevented me from buying jerseys from guys like mcgahee, clements...etc.

Along with Lynch I got Schobel last year.

While I am tempted to sport a McKelvin or Hardy jersey (and I still might) my list is the following in order:

Kent Hull
    Jason Peters
    Moorman
    T-Mac

There are a few guys Id like to get like Poz, TE....etc but I am going to wait on that for another season or two til I see how thier futures here shake out. I have always been a big Marcus Stroud fan, even dating back to college so it maybe hard to resist grabbing one of his, we will see.

Anyone else already bought or planning to buy one?
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Re: Annual Jersey Purchase

No. Waste of hard earned money. I sport Bills hats, shirts, etc., but no jerseys with players names.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

I'm thinking about getting a Hardy jersey and will probably get an Edwards one eventually.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Oh yeah, plus I already bought myself a Jim Kelly Super Bowl XXV one when someone posted the link for them being on sale.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
          I'm thinking about getting a Hardy jersey and will probably get an Edwards one eventually.
          I will never buy another QB jersey again - it's just too shaky of a position to purchase a jersey for - I really, REALLY though JP turned the corner the season before last, and was our future - I bought his jersey, now it seems it's only a matter of time before I ditch it.

I'm gonna get me a lynch jersey though for sure - I gotta get one to go with my autographed pic of him that hangs on my livingroom wall - just below my Bills penant. Now all I need is for the landlord to let me get the ticket (she's anti Satellite Dish), and then I can put a sign out in front of my apartment inviting all Bills fans to see the Bills play on Sundays in Winton California.
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Aug 2004

Before last season I had an Andre Reed jersey and an unnamed/unnumbered jersey--both home jerseys from the early 1990s--and an authentic Doug Flutie jersey that a friend gave me for Christmas one year.

Before last season I bought an authentic Paul Posluzny jersey--then he ended up breaking his arm and missing most of the season.

So, I'm not buying another jersey for awhile--I don't want to jinx any Bills players, especially the ones who could end up being good!!!

I like your list and think that you can't really go wrong with either Kent Hull or Jason Peters. Hull was a great center who arguably deserves to be in the HOF (unfortunately O-linemen don't make it into the HOF nearly as much as they deserve to be elected) and Peters is a Pro Bowler. IMHO either one would be a great selection.
            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
              Anyone else already bought or planning to buy one?

I don't and won't own any jerseys. Rosters are just too fluid and without a long term committment from the team or the player one could burn through uniforms too quickly.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

I'm going to convert my authentic Peerless Price to Hardy, if he keeps 81.

I'm going to convert my Losman to Historian too I think.

I personally think these jersies are too ugly to own more than 2 or 3.

I may buy a Walter Payton....or perhaps a Thurman throwback.

Comment

• Dujek
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2008

I need to get my Spikes converted to Posluszny.

The only current players' jersey I have is an Evans throwback, but I have an old Bruce Smith jersey, a Moulds road jersey and a Milloy home jersey. There was a Rob Johnson one about somewhere, but I think it may have gone in the bin.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

When they put out a throwback #70 Sestak jersey, let me know.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• realdealryan
                      realdealrex
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                      When they put out a throwback #70 Sestak jersey, let me know.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

I will probably get a Jake Long jersey.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                          • May 2005

I've been wanting a Lynch throwback, but I seem to have a curse on players (the jury for Evans is still out). I actually haven't had the spare cash with everything else going on right now to get one this year though, so I'm not sure if I will or not.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                            • Oct 2002

My Nate Clements jersey is a "throwback" now. I'll sell you that for five bucks.
                            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

I've got T-Mac & Moulds, I want Andre Reed's jersey.

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                              I really, REALLY though JP turned the corner the season before last, and was our future - I bought his jersey, now it seems it's only a matter of time before I ditch it.
                              Can I have it?
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X