PDA

View Full Version : Goodell to fine teams for player misbehavior

Michael82
05-21-2008, 09:22 AM
The NFL put more teeth in its personal conduct policy on Tuesday when commissioner Roger Goodell announced he would fine teams whose players were suspended for disciplinary reasons.

“We want to continue to emphasize personal conduct and personal responsibility,” he said at the end of a one-day league meeting. “One way to do it is to hold teams responsible for the conduct of their players.

Goodell instituted a tougher policy during the 2006 season, his first as commissioner, after a series of arrests, nine alone affecting the Cincinnati Bengals.

Two Bengals, wide receiver Chris Henry and linebacker Odell Thurman, received lengthy suspensions—Thurman for two years. Both were cut by the team after being reinstated.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflmeetings-conduct&prov=ap&type=lgns

Michael82
05-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Looks like we have even more incentive to make sure Hardy doesn't get himself into trouble again. :up:

justasportsfan
05-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Looks like we have ever more incentive to make sure Hardy doesn't get himself into trouble again. :up:
again? He wasn't gettng in trouble to begin with. It was a cell phone not a gun dangit!!!

Michael82
05-21-2008, 09:27 AM
again? He wasn't gettng in trouble to begin with. It was a cell phone not a gun dangit!!!
I'm not just talking about his problems with his father, I'm talking about his earlier character issues before he was drafted.

justasportsfan
05-21-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm not just talking about his problems with his father, I'm talking about his earlier character issues before he was drafted.
there are no issues the bills already investigated that dangit :homer:

Here's hoping that Whitner and Evans become a very positive influence on Hardy

billsburgh
05-21-2008, 10:47 AM
this is just Roger Goodell trying to shift the focus away from spygate

JJamezz
05-21-2008, 10:52 AM
this is just Roger Goodell trying to shift the focus away from spygate

I thought they'd already taken care of that with the CBA news..

Scumbag College
05-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Breaking News:

The Cincinnati Bengals owe the NFL 259 million dollars.

Bulldog
05-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Good, maybe this will prevent teams like the Cowboys from grabbing every thug that gets cut by a team for conduct violations. In turn, it should make life tougher for the athlete that chooses to act like a complete idiot.

Michael82
05-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Good, maybe this will prevent teams like the Cowboys from grabbing every thug that gets cut by a team for conduct violations. In turn, it should make life tougher for the athlete that chooses to act like a complete idiot.
Nah, Jerry Jones will continue to take all the thugs and pieces of **** that have talent and will throw out lots of money still. :ill:

OpIv37
05-21-2008, 05:45 PM
so teams get fined for the individual actions of their players away from football but not for systematic violations of league rules (ie, cheating)? Why is Roger Goodell more concerned with being the behavior cop than with ensuring a fair competition on the field. Hey Roger- you're commissioner of the NFL, not commissioner of the police.

YardRat
05-21-2008, 05:53 PM
**** Goodell. He needs to get the filthy laundry off of his own floor before he starts trying to clean up someone else's.

You want to bring the hammer down, Roger, aim for the nails you're supposed to be hitting.

Michael82
05-22-2008, 09:42 AM
so teams get fined for the individual actions of their players away from football but not for systematic violations of league rules (ie, cheating)? Why is Roger Goodell more concerned with being the behavior cop than with ensuring a fair competition on the field. Hey Roger- you're commissioner of the NFL, not commissioner of the police.
Good post, man! :bf1: