PDA

View Full Version : Bills rookies share ride of passage

Stewie
05-21-2008, 09:30 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/351819.html

"The tour guide made an honest statement about Buffalo’s weather about 15 minutes into the tour of Western New York that the Buffalo Bills’ rookies took Tuesday.
“We only have two months of really hot weather,” guide Stacey Watson told the 18 Bills players on the bus.
“What?” linebacker Alvin Bowen, a fifth-round pick, bellowed. “I’m going to block that comment out.”
A few chuckles ensued, and a few minutes later Watson informed the players, “Buffalo has some of the best architecture of any city in the country.”
“Better than New Jersey?” said Bowen, who played at Iowa State and grew up in East Orange, N. J.
Yes, Alvin, even better than New Jersey. "
“Niagara Falls was probably the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen, honestly,” said cornerback Reggie Corner, a fourth-round draft pick. “I’ve never been there before. It’s somewhere I’d definitely want to go back in the future and bring my family.”

“It was a real calm spot where you can rest your mind and get away from things,” said cornerback Kennard Cox, a seventh-round pick.

“As soon as I got drafted, people were telling me I’ve got to buy a lot of thermals and get prepared for the cold weather,” said first-round draft pick Leodis McKelvin, a Georgia native.

“I’ve never played in snow. Probably the low 60s is the coldest game I’ve ever played in. . . . But it didn’t matter to me. Wherever I went I was going to adapt to it, and I’ll adapt to Buffalo.”

“When I first heard Buffalo, all I thought about was weather and cold,” said receiver Steve Johnson, a seventh-round pick out of Kentucky and a San Francisco native. “But I see it’s like every other city. San Francisco has special things about it. Lexington [Ky.] has special things — the Bluegrass State. Now that I’ve taken this tour, I see Buffalo has its own character.”

http://video.ap.org/v/default.aspx?f=NYBUE&g=892a3e39-6915-47f9-819b-a37f489190a9&mk=en-ap&fg=svip_copy

Romes
05-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Thurm, Stacey Watson has stolen your job! :mad:

Pride
05-21-2008, 09:48 AM
I think it is a great idea that they came up with to do this. Maybe if Willis had had this opportunity, he would have enjoyed his stay here.

Jan Reimers
05-21-2008, 10:51 AM
I think it is a great idea that they came up with to do this. Maybe if Willis had had this opportunity, he would have enjoyed his stay here.
They should have taken Willis to the ballet in Ft. Erie.

BADTHINGSMAN
05-21-2008, 09:54 PM

Should have shown Willis about going over the falls in a barrel..

Romes
05-21-2008, 09:57 PM

With all the tip-toeing behind the line Willis did, you'd think he'd appreciate and enjoy the ballet.

The Spaz
05-21-2008, 09:57 PM

You are right he could have discovered genesee st. and knocked up a few more women...lol

raphael120
05-21-2008, 10:04 PM
They shouldve taken willis to the falls...and pushed him over

TigerJ
05-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Thurm, Stacey Watson has stolen your job! :mad:

No contest. Stacey wins hands down, not that anyone would be paying attention to what she says.

PECKERWOOD
05-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Should have shown Willis about going over the falls in a barrel..

:rofl: