• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Peters update expected Thursday

Peters update expected Thursday
    Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:20 PM ET | Link

PETERS UPDATE EXPECTED THURSDAY: With Jason Peters not in attendance for the first week of voluntary OTAs there is widespread speculation as to why he's not in attendance. Some attribute it to his offseason sports hernia surgery, others believe it's contract related. Head coach Dick Jauron doesn't address the media during OTAs until the end of the week which will be Thursday after the final practice of the week is held. At that time we'll coach about the reason for Peters' absence and about his health.

Whenever you want to reference a past story like that of Peters' surgery in mid-January you can always go to the News Archive link on the home page by mousing over 'THE BILLS' at the extreme left of the menu bar about three-quarters of the way up the page.

I've often wondered about this. He was paid RT money prior to the CBA. Now he's a probowl LT and makes peanuts compared to what they paid Dockery and Walker . They dug deep and paid Aaron mo money and I thinks it's only fair that they should show Peters the money.
    Show him the money.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Peters update expected Thursday

I agree, justa. I usually don't like guys holding out when they've signed a contract, but Peters' deal is so low in comparison to Dockery and Walker, and his production so good, that I can't blame him at all.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      I usually don't like guys holding out when they've signed a contract, but Peters' deal is so low in comparison to Dockery and Walker, and his production so good, that I can't blame him at all.
      It wouldn't have been a problem until they decided to give Aaron mo money . NOw they are going to have to do the same for Jason IMO.

Could this be the reason why have huge of cap space? We will have to deal with Crowell next year too unless they decide to move Dig to his position.
      sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

I'd rather see an extension for Peters than Evans. Everything starts with O-line.

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Peters is our best player by FAR, it's only right that he gets paid like it!....
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• hydro
            • Oct 2005

Sucks that we have to pay Peters but he certainly deserves it.
            Last edited by hydro; 05-21-2008, 03:08 PM.
            BERNIAC!

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
              Justa is goating again...
              Yes he is...
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Yes he is...
                believe what you want. Evans and Peters have everything to do in helping the qb become successful. Besides how can I be goating if I want Evans to stay so that Trent won't fail by having more weapons.

The end to the Schobel weight debate
                Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:59 PM ET | Link

THE END TO THE SCHOBEL WEIGHT DEBATE: With the never ending debate about Schobel's weight and whether it affects his effectiveness in run defense. Right now Schobel is 242 pounds. He's listed as 243. And he's been at that weight for the past six years.

"My rookie year I was 262 pounds and all that extra weight was fat," said Schobel. "I've been between 238 and 245 pounds since 2002, and I was 238 when I went to the Pro Bowl."

Schobel maintains that there aren't many 4-3 defensive ends over 255 pounds that are premier pass rushers.

"Strahan plays in the 240's," said Schobel. "Vanden Bosch is 250 tops. Derrick Burgess is 250, Umenyiora, I've stood next to him in Hawaii and he's not bigger than me. Jevon Kearse is 240. Jason Taylor may even be in the 230's."

As for the outside criticism that at that weight he can't play effectively against the run Schobel also has a response.

"If you play with leverage you don't have to be heavy," said Schobel. "I don't mess up much on run plays all year. Our run front can have up to 8 gaps if two tight ends are on the field. Everybody has to fit their gap against the run in this scheme."

Personally I'll say I thought Schobel had one of his better seasons against the run last year. And since 2001 Schobel is one of the leading tacklers at the defensive end position with Justin Smith and Taylor among the only ends in the league with more. But Smith who plays at 265 has only has 43.5 career sacks to Schobel's 67 over the past 7 seasons.

Schobel also has an invitation to the doubters as to his run stopping ability at 242 pounds.

"I would love to see someone come in and watch film and tell me they see me get pushed back against the run," said Schobel.

Schobel also said he'd be happy to answer any other questions from those who believe he's too light to defend the run. So you can email them to me at askchris@bills.nfl.net and I'll be happy to pass them along for him to answer.

---
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

He has a low contract and deserves more coin but I think next year might be a better one to do him, Lee needs to be locked in with big coin down.

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

too bad this didn't come about a month ago...

we could have traded him for a 2nd round pick.

it would have been cool.

Comment

• eyedog
                      • Jul 2002

I knew this was coming, and rightfully so. They have no choice but to pay him. Who exactly plays left tackle if he decides to sit out ? They don't even have an NFL caliber backup on the roster.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

He signed the contract. Nobody to blame but himself. Get your ass on the field.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          He signed the contract. Nobody to blame but himself. Get your ass on the field.
                          This doesn't stop about 90% of the players from doing it.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                            This doesn't stop about 90% of the players from doing it.
                            Do 90% of the players ***** about their contract that they signed just 1 year ago?

Comment

• eyedog
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              Do 90% of the players ***** about their contract that they signed just 1 year ago?
                              That don't mean s**t.
                              If his agent is any good at all he will be getting a raise.
                              And there is nothing the Bills can do about it because they have nobody else.

Comment

Working...
                              X