X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Stroud striving for productive season

New Bills defensive tackle Marcus Stroud is the first to say that last season was one to forget. Now in a new city and playing on a new team, Stroud is anxious to begin putting together a more memorable campaign.

"This team is headed in the right direction and I'm just happy to be a part of it," he said. "You've got guys who have been working toward getting better every year, and right now I think they're right on the edge. Hopefully I can help push them over."

That's exactly what the Bills were thinking when they acquired the 6-foot-6, 310-pound Stroud from Jacksonville in March in exchange for a couple of draft picks. Buffalo's porous defense was next to last in yards allowed last year, and hasn't been in the top half of the league since ranking second in 2004.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Stroud striving for productive season

so, he doesn't want to suck? That's a good start. The next step is not sucking once the game starts.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I just hope his ankle is 100% by the start of the season. If it is, he could be the catalyst of a big improvement on defense.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Here's to a healthy and productive season from Marcus.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
          so, he doesn't want to suck? That's a good start. The next step is not sucking once the game starts.
          So you think he sucks? What gives you that thought?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
            So you think he sucks? What gives you that thought?
            I never said that- the article said he's "striving for a productive season." Seems ridiculous to think he would strive for anything less. But it's one thing to say you're going to be productive and it's another thing to actually do it.

I couldn't help but look at the headline and wonder what the hell else he would have said. "yeah, I don't really care about being productive- I just want to collect my paycheck and try not to get hurt again." Please.

This is the problem with the NFL having an 8 month off season. "Player doesn't want to suck" suddenly becomes a story worth reporting.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              I just hope his ankle is 100% by the start of the season. If it is, he could be the catalyst of a big improvement on defense.
              I hope the same..because Kyle Williams would be the worst replacement I could think of. I was hoping they would find another clogger for the middle, just in case of injury. It's DEFINITELY NOT Williams.

He's a swinging door.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ultra Chimp 1
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Sep 2005

Well at least Stroud has blue-chip talent.

Lee Evans is the only other player you can say that about on our team.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

Always the negative nancy...some people might look at that and say, "Oh great! He's motivated" - which is what we want our players to be...self motivated to succeed and not going through the motions to get paid like Mike Williams used to do!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto

Always the negative nancy...some people might look at that and say, "Oh great! He's motivated" - which is what we want our players to be...self motivated to succeed and not going through the motions to get paid like Mike Williams used to do!!!
                    why would we ever sign a player who WASN'T motivated? The headline is basically "Player Doesn't Want to Suck." It fails the "man bites dog" test and sounds more like a headline from the Onion than real news.

I agree that it's a good thing that he's motivated- I just don't see why it warrants an article. It's just off-season filler, and after 5 months I'm sick of off-season filler.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Ultra Chimp 1
                      Well at least Stroud has blue-chip talent.

Lee Evans is the only other player you can say that about on our team.
                      Really? what about Jason Peter's? Marshwn Lynch? Brian Freakin' Mooman?

2 of the 3 guys I just mentioned all have at least one Pro Bowl invite on their resume. And one of the guys has 3.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

New Bills defensive tackle Marcus Stroud is the first to say that last season was one to forget. Now in a new city and playing on a new team, Stroud is anxious to begin putting together a more memorable campaign.

"This team is headed in the right direction and I'm just happy to be a part of it," he said. "You've got guys who have been working toward getting better every year, and right now I think they're right on the edge. Hopefully I can help push them over."

That's exactly what the Bills were thinking when they acquired the 6-foot-6, 310-pound Stroud from Jacksonville in March in exchange for a couple of draft picks. Buffalo's porous defense was next to last in yards allowed last year, and hasn't been in the top half of the league since ranking second in 2004.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...05&poster=gbid
                        I'm not reading another article anymore. They are all quoting and being fed what they want to hear just like Chris Brown.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                          Really? what about Jason Peter's? Marshwn Lynch? Brian Freakin' Mooman?

2 of the 3 guys I just mentioned all have at least one Pro Bowl invite on their resume. And one of the guys has 3.
                          I'm not arguing with you, but I've gotta say - the pro bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• The Answer
                            The Plagiarist
                            • Mar 2007

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...05&poster=gbid
                            This is really the one player this team needs to stay healthy and contribute in 2008 or it's going to be another long year trying to get opposing offenses of the field if they can continue to run at will against us.

~The Answer

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                              I'm not arguing with you, but I've gotta say - the pro bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest.
                              I will not dispute that at all, as I completely agree, but an undrafted rookie playing his first entire season at LT and selected to the Pro Bowl is pretty impressive to me. And obviously was to many other coaches and players.

Not to mention the fact that he was voted 1st or 2nd All NFL Team by multiple media outlets...

Comment

Working...
                              X