• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Buffalo Bills Have the Key to a Great Team

As many teams believe, the key to having a great team is having great men in the trenches. With an O-line that was elite last year when it came to pass blocking, and average in run ...

As many teams believe, the key to having a great team is having great men in the trenches. With an O-line that was elite last year when it came to pass blocking, and average in run blocking, things are only going to get better as the same group of men should be starting this year and have had a whole year to build chemistry. On the defensive side of the ball, the bills have added a few great players to their rotational defensive line. As things get better for the bills in the trenches, it should help their "skill positions" thrive.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Buffalo Bills Have the Key to a Great Team

The author is absolutely correct. Our 4 DTs and our starting 5 on the O-line have all been added in the last few years. The Bills have done a helluva job rebuilding our lines.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      The author is absolutely correct. Our 4 DTs and our starting 5 on the O-line have all been added in the last few years. The Bills have done a helluva job rebuilding our lines.
      on paper. The OL still has to prove they can run block and the new DL hasn't been tested at all yet. With all the failed attempts at fixing the line over the last few years, I can't help but be skeptical until we actually see some performance.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        • May 2003

Good grief, Op. Could you ever find anything positive?
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          I can't help but be skeptical until we actually see some performance.
          That's fine...but can you keep it to yourself please?
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

Eh, he's basically just saying what we all should be saying - which is, who knows until some real games are played.

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

OP can't stop being skeptical??....Call Ripleys!!!!!......
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

That's what happens when you have a QB that gets rid of the ball quick.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  on paper. The OL still has to prove they can run block and the new DL hasn't been tested at all yet. With all the failed attempts at fixing the line over the last few years, I can't help but be skeptical until we actually see some performance.

AHA! The annual Justa vs. OP is upon us.

That would really make the MODS happy.
                  Then again, I won't give them the satisfaction.

I'm with OP on this. The bleachreport writer is as homeristic as FTP . "elite" in pass blocking? He must've been watching the 90's bills. Average in runblocking? They blew. It was all Lynch.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Is it beyond reasonable to question a team that was nearly last on both sides of the ball the last 2 years? Seriously?? If the Bills had been 10th or better on both sides of the ball and OP was still skeptical, I could see you questioning his motives, but obviously that wasn't the case. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the writter is talking about, the Bills stats don't support his opinion.

With an O-line that was elite last year when it came to pass blocking
                    Elite???? How the hell is the 30th ranked offense also ELITE? 5 turnoves against the Cowboys in your own house and you got nothing offensively out of it. If the Bills Oline was "Elite" in any way, then you'd have to make up a word for the 5th best Offensive team in the league cause you'd run out of excellent words by the time you got to 5.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                      Eh, he's basically just saying what we all should be saying - which is, who knows until some real games are played.
                      We all saw the O-line play last year. It was good at pass blocking, but not as good in the running game. With a full year of playing together and the further development of Peters and Butler, there is no reason to believe it won't be one of the league's best.

And while we don't know how good our DTs will be, I'll take Stroud, a developing McCargo, the high motor Johnson and Williams over last year's bunch which included - at various times - Anderson, Jefferson and Triplett.

And I'll give the Bills credit for making a major effort to improve our lines, no matter how each and every move works out.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        Be fair here. There were a number of times when JP was playing that the rushers cheated and didn't count to 5 Mississippi before they came in.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

AMEN, Jan!
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The Answer
                            The Plagiarist
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by YardRat
                            http://www.bleacherreport.com/articl...o-a-Great-Team

As many teams believe, the key to having a great team is having great men in the trenches. With an O-line that was elite last year when it came to pass blocking, and average in run blocking, things are only going to get better as the same group of men should be starting this year and have had a whole year to build chemistry. On the defensive side of the ball, the bills have added a few great players to their rotational defensive line. As things get better for the bills in the trenches, it should help their "skill positions" thrive.
                            We definitely have all the pieces in place - it all comes down to Edwards development and The Corpse's coaching in terms of how far this team will go in 2008 and beyond.

~The Answer

Comment

• The Answer
                              The Plagiarist
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              The national media is finally starting to respect the Bills because they realize the potential Edwards has.

It's all about consistency and leadership at the QB position and I feel we will have that now for the first time this millenium.

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                              X