PDA

View Full Version : Interesting depth chart change...

Mahdi
05-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Just saw it now on BB.com... Spencer Johnson is the starter now ahead of John McCargo. I find it kind of weird that they made that change so early in the off-season.

http://www.buffalobills.com/depth_chart/index.html

Jan Reimers
05-23-2008, 09:48 AM
McCargo is a good, developing young player. If Johnson is actually better, that makes our DT rotation even stronger.

However, I wouldn't put too much stock in May's Depth Chart.

Coach Sal
05-23-2008, 09:49 AM
It's good fodder. But they're going to rotate those guys a lot anyway.

Pinkerton Security
05-23-2008, 09:49 AM
poz was listed as the backup all last spring, and started day 1. just a way for the coaches to keep their egos down, perhaps?

Mahdi
05-23-2008, 09:50 AM
McCargo is a good, developing young player. If Johnson is actually better, that makes our DT rotation even stronger.

However, I wouldn't put too much stock in May's Depth Chart.
Yeah I wouldnt put too much stock into it either but its strange that they would move a returning player who was slated to be the starter so quickly of the starting line only after OTA week 1.

Mahdi
05-23-2008, 09:52 AM
poz was listed as the backup all last spring, and started day 1. just a way for the coaches to keep their egos down, perhaps?
Poz was a rookie though, thats what they usually do with the rookies. McCargo is the returning DT who was thought to be the starter and Johnson is essentially the rookie.

justasportsfan
05-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah I wouldnt put too much stock into it either but its strange that they would move a returning player who was slated to be the starter so quickly of the starting line only after OTA week 1.
My inside source told me the webmaster is bored and screwing around with the site.

Jan Reimers
05-23-2008, 10:14 AM
My inside source told me the webmaster is bored and screwing around with the site.
Now when he lists JP as the starting QB. . .

justasportsfan
05-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Now when he lists JP as the starting QB. . .

NO goating please or you will get reprimanded.

raphael120
05-23-2008, 10:50 AM
If Spencer Johnson wins the starting DT job ahead of McCargo, I think it's safe to say it's yet another blown pick in the '06 draft. First Youboty, then McCargo...and Whitner isn't yet shown he was worth the 8th overall...that draft class looks weaker and weaker every year...but I'll give it til the end of this season to have my full critique.

Jan Reimers
05-23-2008, 11:00 AM
If Spencer Johnson wins the starting DT job ahead of McCargo, I think it's safe to say it's yet another blown pick in the '06 draft. First Youboty, then McCargo...and Whitner isn't yet shown he was worth the 8th overall...that draft class looks weaker and weaker every year...but I'll give it til the end of this season to have my full critique.
Or perhaps it shows the genius of our FO. We signed a guy in Johnson who is actually better than our emerging All Pro McCargo.

Like you, I'll wait until the end of camp to see how Youboty develops, but I think Whitner will hit his stride big time this year when he doesn't have to spend most of his time in the box trying to stop the run.

See how much nicer it is when the glass is half full?:dance:

ddaryl
05-23-2008, 11:05 AM
I still say Spencer Johnson was a bigger pick up then many have given it.

He could very well be a starter from day 1. The fact is he played behind 2 probowl DT's in Minny, and the consensus has been Minny's D never lost a step when Spencer came in.

The Answer
05-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Just saw it now on BB.com... Spencer Johnson is the starter now ahead of John McCargo. I find it kind of weird that they made that change so early in the off-season.

http://www.buffalobills.com/depth_chart/index.html

Means absolutely nothing at this point of the season.

Do you really think that James Hardy will be the 6th WR behind guys like Justin Jenkins and Scott Mayle as the depth chart indicates? These guys likely won't even survive the first cut in training camp.

Also The Digi is listed behind Poz and clearly that's an error as well.