• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Moorman manages to PUNT for children off the field

Buffalo punter Brian Moorman isn't just one of my favorite football players. He's one of my favorite athletes anywhere, and I just was reminded why.

Because he cares.

He cares about his sport. He cares about his teammates. Mostly, he cares about people -- particularly children.

If you don't understand, I recommend stopping by next weekend's triathlon in Pittsford, N.Y., home of the Bills' summer training camp. Moorman, wife Amber and Bills' placekicker Rian Lindell are among the nearly 300 persons expected to participate in the June 1 event, doing it to raise money and awareness for Moorman's PUNT foundation.

Maybe you've heard of it. Chances are you have not. The acronym stands for Perseverance, Understanding, N'encouragement and Triumph, and the foundation is devoted to helping western New York kids afflicted with and affected by cancer.

That tells you something about Moorman, who has been a spokesman and supporter for events at Buffalo's Roswell Park Cancer Institute. But so does this: To raise money for the foundation, he's willing to put himself through the grind of his first-ever triathlon.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Re: Moorman manages to PUNT for children off the field

We've all known what a great member of the community Moorman has been since coming to the Bills. Nice to see him getting some national recognition. Lindell, too.

Hat's off to both of them.

Let's hope that they both can get through this without anything untoward happening. And, that they can raise a lot of money for the kids!

(I guess this explains why Moorman missed a little time during this week's OTAs. All in a very good cause, though!)
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla admin
      • Jul 2002

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

This kind of thing is another good reason to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Moorman and many other players are involved in wonderful programs for kids, the disadvantaged, people with serious illnesses, etc.

The Bills' organization itself is also involved in many community activities.

The quality of life in Buffalo and WNY is definitely enhanced by the Bills and their players.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Go Brian!
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

i mis-read the title.
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

What a class act.

Comment

• evol4276
                • Oct 2005

wow i read that title as "mooman manages to PUNT children off the field"

haha i was like "damn, thats one way to deal with those rushing kids"

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

LOL!
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                  X