• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Sabres will play every team next season

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said every team in the league will play all the others at least once next season.

In other scheduling news, Bettman said he expects the league to again kick off its regular-season schedule in Europe. And an announcement will be forthcoming on the participants and venue for the second Winter Classic outdoor game. -- AP
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sabres will play every team next season

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      Why don't you like that??

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
        Why don't you like that??
        I could care less about playing the west...I'd rather see them play 8 games against each division opponent.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Coach Sal
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          I could care less about playing the west...I'd rather see them play 8 games against each division opponent.
          The NHL was stupid for ever allowing teams not to play each other at least once in each building, and will continue to be stupid for every year they continue to allow it.

They're cutting off their nose to spite their own face.

Here's a league struggling to remain one of the "major" North American pro sports leagues, and yet people who live in certain cities don't get to see a lot of the stars the league is trying to promote.

Why would you not want fans in every city to have the chance to see Sidney Crosby or Alex Ovechkin?

That's just stupid marketing strategy.
          Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
          And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

That's what I was thinking Sal. Good post!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Coach Sal
              The NHL was stupid for ever allowing teams not to play each other at least once in each building, and will continue to be stupid for every year they continue to allow it.

They're cutting off their nose to spite their own face.

Here's a league struggling to remain one of the "major" North American pro sports leagues, and yet people who live in certain cities don't get to see a lot of the stars the league is trying to promote.

Why would you not want fans in every city to have the chance to see Sidney Crosby or Alex Ovechkin?

That's just stupid marketing strategy.
              Then limit the number of games each teams plays against the other two divisions in their conference. Do we really need to play them 4 times every year? They have ruined the concept of divisions; might as well just have conferences and let the top 8 make the playoffs like now.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I'm all for division rivalries, but it gets old. Go back and look at our schedule- in November, there was a stretch where we played 9 straight and 10 of 11 against Boston, Montreal, Ottawa and toronto. From November 1 to November 24, we only saw 5 different teams. Meanwhile, some teams haven't played in Buffalo in years and Buffalo hasn't played in some other cities in years. It's ridiculous.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

This is great news for the Sabres and the league. If they want to market Crosby and Ovechkin they should be playing every team so more fans get to seem them. Plus I'd like to see them play some Western teams. It's kind of ridiculous to think the Wings and Pens didn't play at all this year and met in the Cup. They don't need to play Ottawa a million times a season to create the rivalry. I'd like to see some new teams and players come to HSBC.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                  X