PDA

View Full Version : Youboty on the trading block?

YardRat
05-25-2008, 08:41 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1211704334120580.xml&coll=2

Not sure how it will happen, but the Browns will come up with an other viable cornerback to replace the injured Daven Holly.

Yes, Buffalo's Ashton Youboty is a possibility. Buffalo has soured on the former Ohio State star, and the Bills have brought in veteran corner Will James and drafted three cornerbacks (including Akron's Reggie Corner). So he is available.

Can Youboty help? He's played in only 14 games in two pro seasons, and has not made much of an impact. He had the dreaded high-ankle sprain last season. In 2006, he had a rough rookie season as his mother died. He is only 23 and was a third-round pick in 2006. There was a feeling at OSU that he left school a year too early. He played for Browns defensive coordinator Mel Tucker at OSU, so Tucker will have a major say in how hard the Browns pursue him. Not speaking directly about Youboty, Savage said: "There is another Daven Holly out there, a guy another team has given up on him and can help us. We just have to find him."

Jan Reimers
05-25-2008, 08:46 AM
At this point, we're very deep at CB, so if we could get something of value for him, it would appear to be a good deal.

With our luck, though, he'd probably turn into an AllPro with the Browns.

HHURRICANE
05-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Wasn't Yobouty taken before Simpson?

What a wasted pick. This kid is suffering from immaturity, not lack of talent.

Jan Reimers
05-25-2008, 09:20 AM

Yes. Youboty 3rd round, Simpson 4th, as I remember.

Scumbag College
05-25-2008, 09:37 AM
As we saw last year, the Browns aren't afraid to give away draft picks for vets. However, I wouldn't expect more than a sixth rounder for Youboty given his production so far in his NFL career. I think he had a great game against the Eagles the last game of the 2007 season, and I think the coaches really want to see him during TC and won't let him go before then.

Jan Reimers
05-25-2008, 09:46 AM
He has a lot of potential, but apparently he has not been real dedicated to the weight room, so he still lacks the strength and body mass required to be a good NFL corner.

Mitchy moo
05-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Do the Browns have anyone we want?? Maybe a extra center??

Albany,n.y.
05-25-2008, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't trade him for anything lower than a 2nd round pick.

YardRat
05-25-2008, 11:08 AM
You're not getting a second for Ashton, guaranteed. IMO, the author of the article just threw his name in the mix because of Ohio State.

hydro
05-25-2008, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't trade him for anything lower than a 2nd round pick.

:rofl: At this point he isn't worth anything above a 5th. He as drafted in the 3rd for god sakes. He hasn't done ANYTHING to require a 2nd round pick.

kernowboy
05-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Well when you consider the corners on the roster, for me McKelvin and McGee are starters.

We then have Greer, Corner, James, Youboty, Fox and Cox.

Even if Cox goes to the Practice Squad, we could easily look to trade one from Greer or James, players with starting ability and get a high draft pick in 2009, and still have a former starter as our 3rd CB, leaving Youboty, Corner and Fox as depth.

Losing Greer or James for a 3rd rounder would not be the worst thing that could happen. I doubt we would even high signed James if we'd known we'd have been drafting McKelvin.

Coach Sal
05-25-2008, 12:54 PM
I'd much rather see him in training camp competing for a job than just tossing him away for a late pick right now.

Any one of these young guys could be a bust, there could be an injury or two during camp, or Youboty may actually step up a little bit.

Just be patient and let's see what happens in August.

OpIv37
05-25-2008, 02:40 PM
I'd much rather see him in training camp competing for a job than just tossing him away for a late pick right now.

Any one of these young guys could be a bust, there could be an injury or two during camp, or Youboty may actually step up a little bit.

Just be patient and let's see what happens in August.

I really don't know how much patience the coaching staff has left. Players drafted at the same time or after him are way above his level. With the way we drafted, the signing of James and now these rumors, it's looking more and more like Youboty is too much of a project for the coaches.

Albany,n.y.
05-25-2008, 05:47 PM
:rofl: At this point he isn't worth anything above a 5th. He as drafted in the 3rd for god sakes. He hasn't done ANYTHING to require a 2nd round pick.
Just like another bust who people were saying we'd get a 2nd for and didn't.

yordad
05-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Martin Rucker (TE), straight up would be intriguing.

djjimkelly
05-25-2008, 06:18 PM

maybe hes suffering from **** coaching and a ****ty coaching staff:sigh:

Oaf
05-25-2008, 06:55 PM
a 5th and 7th would be agreeable. A 4th would be too high for him IMO.

clumping platelets
05-25-2008, 10:37 PM
How aboot a conditional 2009?

Romes
05-25-2008, 11:08 PM
The risk of waiting till TC is that the Browns could find someone else and the window to trade him may close.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-26-2008, 03:56 AM
I'd take anything for him IMO he'll be cut by the end of preseason anyways

Confused
05-26-2008, 07:07 AM
youboty and 2nd next year for winslow.

Historian
05-26-2008, 07:19 AM

Exactly.

Why would you want to help one of the teams that you're competing against?

I love how the author writes the Bills have soured on him.

Gimme a break.

The Bills haven't even seen him play.

:rolleyes:

clumping platelets
05-26-2008, 07:40 AM
youboty and 2nd next year for winslow.

No thanks

HHURRICANE
05-26-2008, 07:46 AM
No thanks

Really? I'd take Winslow in a heart beat.

venis2k1
05-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Am i the only one that dosen't understand the youboty situation? I have been fairly impressed when he has played in limited action.

The last buffalo fan
05-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Am i the only one that dosen't understand the youboty situation?

Si.