PDA

View Full Version : What single unit of our team excites you the most...

ublinkwescore
05-25-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm gonna go with LB - With Posluszny back, and Kawika Mitchell - I think these guys can dominate with just a little more help up front - Let's hope Stroud provides just enough - of course more than enough would be welcome as well...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S7ULXdNPZuI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S7ULXdNPZuI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Philagape
05-25-2008, 09:41 PM
There's no one unit that gets me excited, but I'm optimistic about QB, RB, WR, OL, DL and LB.

Crisis
05-25-2008, 09:55 PM
RB.

I think a whole season of Lynch + Jackson is going to be awesome. Have a feeling atleast one of the other backs below them in the depth chart going to be a good 3rd option too.

OpIv37
05-25-2008, 09:56 PM
RBs are great. The only thing tempering my enthusiasm is that their play depends heavily on the OL and a passing game that's good enough to prevent D's from stacking the box.

Romes
05-25-2008, 10:02 PM
LB is a good choice.

I'd chose RB a whole year of ML and FJ tandem should be fun to watch.

Also, I am curious to see Stroud and the rest of the DL play a lot hinges on them.

Crisis
05-25-2008, 10:05 PM
can't forget punter.

moorman is good for atleast 2 plays (not counting kicks) where you're thankful we have a fast skinny honky punter

OpIv37
05-25-2008, 10:09 PM
can't forget punter.

moorman is good for atleast 2 plays (not counting kicks) where you're thankful we have a fast skinny honky punter

other than reggie roby, has there ever been a non-honky punter?

LifetimeBillsFan
05-25-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm going to take a little bit different tack in answering this question.

I don't know if you could say that it's the unit that excites me the most, but the unit that intrigues me the most is the defensive line.

The additions of M.Stroud, S.Johnson and C.Ellis are obvious reasons to be excited about a possible improvement of the unit.

But, I'm also interested in how the health problems that they had during the course of last season may have negatively impacted Kelsay, Denney, Stroud and even Schobel and whether they can rebound from those injuries.

In addition, it should be interesting to see how much of an improvement J.McCargo and K.Williams are able to make and the energy that C.Ellis is able to add to the pass rush.

While I don't know that they will hit their stride right from Opening Day, I think that this unit has the potential to perhaps be the most improved unit on the team as the season progresses if everyone can stay reasonably healthy.

That potential has me intrigued as much as excited because I really think that what this unit does this season could have a big impact on the whole team and their chances of making the playoffs.

Oaf
05-25-2008, 10:29 PM
It's a tossup between CB and RB.

Crisis
05-25-2008, 10:29 PM
other than reggie roby, has there ever been a non-honky punter?

but they're usually fat nonathletic honky punters

LABillsFan
05-25-2008, 10:45 PM
On the D side. The D line has to get penetration, the LB's have to play their positions and the DB's have to cover, if all do their job well have some excitement all around. If all do their job and are in sync, I see the LB's having a field day out there. Containment and coverage, Containment and Coverage.

On the O side. Trent. He's had a year as well as Marshawn. The line is coming back, Shonerts play calling has a lot to do with it, but I can see Trent having a good first 10 games. Not all wins but good games, the last 6 or so are going to be on the line and the RB's. The common denominator is the Line. I want that line to crush people.

yordad
05-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Every position. I really think every position will be improved. It might sound cliche, but it is true.

If I really had to only pick one, it is RB. Beast Mode and Fred "The Gem" Jackson should be elite, and very exciting to watch.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-26-2008, 04:00 AM
WR,RB,DB,LB in thay order

Jan Reimers
05-26-2008, 05:04 AM
I think its RB, not just because Lynch and Jackson are so good, but also because either Wright or Omon might emerge as a big 3rd down back.

YardRat
05-26-2008, 06:32 AM
The lines. Games are won in the trenches, and it will be interesting to see if A)the O-line can improve upon last year, and B)if the new additions will be able to make a difference on the D.

coastal
05-26-2008, 06:52 AM
You know what... I think we have a solid team from top to bottom.

If last year's injury bug stays away and Trent is everything that they say he is, then I think we stand more than a chance of winning this division.

Why?

Because the Patriots are tired and ripe for a beatdown by a young, aggressive team.

HHURRICANE
05-26-2008, 07:29 AM
QB.

If he plays well than everything else falls into place.

I was at Jim Kelly's first game as a Bill and even though we lost I knew that our team was going to get significantly better because of him.

Historian
05-26-2008, 09:15 AM
The Cheerleaders!
:up:

(Sorry Phil)

TacklingDummy
05-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Up until last year it was Punter. Hopefully Moorman rebounds this year.

The last buffalo fan
05-26-2008, 10:05 AM
The Cheerleaders!
:up:

(Sorry Phil)

Please don't forget the wives too!

VeggieMan14
05-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Im just gonna go with special teams its the only one that we can rlly ever count on

justasportsfan
05-26-2008, 11:04 AM
receiving unit includes TE and rb ( I hope)

BAM
05-26-2008, 11:07 AM
RB's and WR's!! Good year ahead for both I believe.

NC-BILLS44
05-27-2008, 09:17 AM
I'd have to say the return units, with McGee, McKelvin & Parrish returning kickoffs and punts. This group can change a game instantly.

Marvelous
05-29-2008, 02:26 AM
D-line! I love Schobel & Kelsay. Add Strouds awesomeness. & McCargo's up & coming elite talent & No neck hustler Kyle Wililams and my favorite D-line depth of all time Ryan Denney. Man i love this unit...OH & add the talented day two rookie & Spencer...Man im pumped...I don't care if im alone with my Kelsay & Denney love...Both are very popular in my whole family & friends..
-Paty, quit hatin on Kelsay you non Phil Hansen watching noob! :D ;)

Marvelous
05-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Bam,who's Brandon Miller?

Al the Bills Fan
06-01-2008, 12:06 AM
RB's and DT's

Lynch/Jackson duo should be fun to watch for a whole season.
I think the Addition of Stroud & Johnson and the improved play late in the season from McCargo is gonna be huge for us this year.