PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter's Surprise AFC Team

Romes
05-27-2008, 04:09 AM
You guessed it...the Buffalo Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808824be

All this positive press is getting me really concerned about a possible let down...I hope all these pundits are right this time.

Dujek
05-27-2008, 04:59 AM
It's better than the usual "they've no chance and their owner's a senile old fool" comments that tend to crop up every off-season.

I like our chances of the playoffs, but I'm not getting too excited.

Mitchy moo
05-27-2008, 06:00 AM
I like it.

!Papacrunk!
05-27-2008, 09:06 AM
more and more media is starting to get on the Bills bandwagon of success so now you guys can't complain how you never get any love from the media. It's now up to the Bills to deliver

feelthepain
05-27-2008, 09:23 AM
more and more media is starting to get on the Bills bandwagon of success so now you guys can't complain how you never get any love from the media. It's now up to the Bills to deliver

Besides us Dolphin fans know perfectly well how knowledgeable the media is when it comes to early predictions.

justasportsfan
05-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Besides us Dolphin fans know perfectly well how knowledgeable the media is when it comes to early predictions.
I agree. They tend to always favor the fins but they've learned their lesson unike you who always picks the fins to be better than the bills every year.

Seventeen&0
05-27-2008, 11:45 AM
It's our job to pick the Dolphins to be better than the Bills. And over the last thirty years, we've been right.

justasportsfan
05-27-2008, 11:48 AM
It's our job to pick the Dolphins to be better than the Bills. And over the last thirty years, we've been right.

Just eat your crow will ya ! 1-15.

Seventeen&0
05-27-2008, 11:50 AM
I always do! Still picking bones out of my teeth from last year

justasportsfan
05-27-2008, 11:52 AM
I always do! Still picking bones out of my teeth from last year
no one gave you permission to take a break and talk smack. Keep swallowing.

Seventeen&0
05-27-2008, 11:54 AM
I was in between bites.

ublinkwescore
05-27-2008, 12:03 PM
That link was inaccurate...

He didn't mention the Bills once in that vid - what's the title of it, and how long is it?

ublinkwescore
05-27-2008, 12:04 PM
leave it to the former raven/niner/steeler (I forgot his name actually)... to pick the ravens to be a surprise team - even though they got a new coach, and a still aging defense that is for the most part past it's prime.

PECKERWOOD
05-27-2008, 12:31 PM
I prefer Buffalo being an unknown to the media, all this hype surrounding us, another setup for the fall, imo.

ParanoidAndroid
05-27-2008, 12:46 PM
We definately remember what happened after these same people talked up the Dolphins a couple of years ago and labeled them a playoff contender. I'll wait until week 4 before I make any playoff predictions. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I can do so with some confidence.

feelthepain
05-27-2008, 12:47 PM
I prefer Buffalo being an unknown to the media, all this hype surrounding us, another setup for the fall, imo.

What fall, haven't you been paying attention? It's a guaranteed lock that the Bills will be a good team in 08, "they finally have all the pieces"!!! Just like the last 2 years.

justasportsfan
05-27-2008, 12:53 PM
What fall, haven't you been paying attention? It's a guaranteed lock that the Bills will be a good team in 08, "they finally have all the pieces"!!! Just like the last 2 years.
someones jealous because the only headline the fins get is Jason Taylor dancing.

HHURRICANE
05-27-2008, 01:15 PM

Agreed but this is the same press that had you guys going to the Superbowl 2 years ago.

HHURRICANE
05-27-2008, 01:17 PM

The funny part is that you are the only one that keeps declaring us a lock. This board is full of people with very realistic expectations and concerns.\

Do you actually read what other people are posting or are you so self absorbed that you just keep writing whatever pops in your head?

mysticsoto
05-27-2008, 01:17 PM
someones jealous because the only headline the fins get is Jason Taylor dancing.
Oh, I don't know. If you look hard enough, you can find headlines for them...

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/519290.html

Dolphins near NFL's lowest point
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/121607dnspogosselin.255b2cc.html

Ties between Dolphins, Jason Taylor all but severed

http://www.siforkids.com/2008/sifk/05/22/dolphins.taylor.ap/index.html

oops, then again, you might be right:

Dolphins may hold dance contest to lure Taylor back

http://www.serioussportsnewsnetwork.com/2008/05/dolphins-may-hold-dance-contest-to-lure-taylor-back.html

feelthepain
05-27-2008, 02:25 PM
The funny part is that you are the only one that keeps declaring us a lock. This board is full of people with very realistic expectations and concerns.\

Do you actually read what other people are posting or are you so self absorbed that you just keep writing whatever pops in your head?
Yep I read them, It's not like I'm making crap up about the playoffs all by myself. If on the other hand you're saying these "realistic Bill fans" believe the Bills aren't a playoff team, then there is no reason to realistically believe the Bills are any better then the Dolphins or Jets therefore my opinion the Bills Jets and Dolphins are all in the same boat heading into 08 would be the only real accurate summation to be had. Obviously though that isn't true or there wouldn't be a thread by one of your own telling us Dolphin fans about how..UNREALISTIC we are.

What so unrealistic about 7-9 or 8-8? I think that's realistic for any team in the league regardless of what they did last year. Want proof? The Bills were nearly last on both sides of the ball the last 2 years and had just one probowler each of the last two seasons. If a team can be that bad statistically and still win 7 games.....ANY TEAM can win 7 or 8 games. Seems to me Bill fans are the ones making crap up.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-27-2008, 04:51 PM
I like the vid its good to no other people no were about to do sumin special here in B LO

ParanoidAndroid
05-27-2008, 07:56 PM
What?

Oaf
05-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Every 3 or 4 years, the media looks at us and likes our chances. Last was 2003 (Bledsoe, plus defensive additions), and to a lesser extent 2005. (after 9-7 season)

Means squat.

DynaPaul
05-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Until I see it on the field it's all talk...

Bling
05-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Until I see it on the field it's all talk...

As a Dolphins fan, I can definitely tell you that's the best approach.