PDA

View Full Version : CBS: Overrated/Underrated Players

The Answer
05-27-2008, 04:05 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10843371

Buffalo Bills

Overrated: DE Chris Kelsay. The Bills gave him a new contract before last season and he rewarded them with 2½ sacks. He plays hard, but that doesn't get the quarterback down enough.

Underrated: LB Angelo Crowell. He had his best season in 2007 with 126 tackles. With the departures of London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes, he became a defensive leader.

~The Answer

The Answer
05-27-2008, 04:07 PM
I disagree with both of those picks.

Overrated: Schobel - has an even bigger contract than Kelsay and dropped off the map last year. Needs to step up big time in 2008 or be sent to waiver wire.

Underrated: The Digi - defense improved signficantly when he was inserted into the starting line up. Hard nosed, blue collar LB that makes plays all over the field.

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
05-27-2008, 04:09 PM

Buffalo Bills

Overrated: DE Chris Kelsay. The Bills gave him a new contract before last season and he rewarded them with 2½ sacks. He plays hard, but that doesn't get the quarterback down enough.

Underrated: LB Angelo Crowell. He had his best season in 2007 with 126 tackles. With the departures of London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes, he became a defensive leader.

~The Answer

Can we shift some of the money when one player under-performs to a player that over performs?? I guess that it evens out type thing doesn't fly in the players minds, it's just look what I did last season and forget about the years before.

Mitchy moo
05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I disagree with both of those picks.

Overrated: Schobel - has an even bigger contract than Kelsay and dropped off the map last year. Needs to step up big time in 2008 or be sent to waiver wire.

Underrated: The Digi - defense improved signficantly when he was inserted into the starting line up. Hard nosed, blue collar LB that makes plays all over the field.

~The Answer

The Digi played his heart out last season, we need his soul this year.

The Answer
05-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Arizona Cardinals

Underrated: LT Mike Gandy. He shocked a lot of people, including this writer, with how well he played last season in his first with the Cardinals. He helped the line make big strides from the previous season.

:roflmao: :lolabove: :lmao:

Please tell me this is a joke.

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
05-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Arizona Cardinals

Underrated: LT Mike Gandy. He shocked a lot of people, including this writer, with how well he played last season in his first with the Cardinals. He helped the line make big strides from the previous season.

~The Answer

There went any credibility for the CBS writer, SPAM.

RockStar36
05-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Arizona Cardinals

~The Answer

I think that speaks for the credibility of the article/writer.

HHURRICANE
05-27-2008, 04:37 PM
I actually think Crowell is overrated on Billszone.

Schobel is more overrated than Kelsay. His contract was market and he could have received it from hald a dozen other teams. Schobel's extension was the one that was mind boggling.

TacklingDummy
05-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Schobel's extension was the one that was mind boggling.

This is where all the Peters wanting a new contract crap started.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-27-2008, 05:08 PM
i agree with both although it could go a number of way but im ok with this

PECKERWOOD
05-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Overrated: Trent Edwards, injury prone, yet people expect him lead us to the playoffs injury free.

Underrated: Schobel is one of the few recent Bills to make it to the Pro-bowl, yet he gets no love from fans.

OpIv37
05-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Overrated: Trent Edwards, injury prone, yet people expect him lead us to the playoffs injury free.

Underrated: Schobel is one of the few recent Bills to make it to the Pro-bowl, yet he gets no love from fans.

Schobel underrated? you've got to be kidding me. He got a contract and then his sack total dropped. He's never been good against the run, and he gets guided to 8 yards behind the QB on nearly every single play. The guy had 2 good years and a whole bunch of mediocre ones. Also, he never makes the plays when they count the most. The guy is ridiculously overrated and doesn't even come close to playing up to his contract.

Oaf
05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
I think Kelsay is more overrated in the NFL than Schobel. Just because Schobel had a one-year drop in the number near sack total, he had career highs in tackles for loss, total stops, and forced fumbles. He didn't get to the Pro Bowl because of reputation IMO.

dannyek71
05-28-2008, 05:52 AM
Arizona Cardinals

~The Answer

I agree with that assesment. He blocked someone on 5 plays last season. That is 4 more than he blocked in 2006. So that IS a big stride.

Romes
05-28-2008, 06:52 AM
Kelsay isn't rated highly enough to be considered overrated.

I hate to say it but I think Dockery is showing to be the most overrated Bill.

PECKERWOOD
05-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Schobel underrated? you've got to be kidding me. He got a contract and then his sack total dropped. He's never been good against the run, and he gets guided to 8 yards behind the QB on nearly every single play. The guy had 2 good years and a whole bunch of mediocre ones. Also, he never makes the plays when they count the most. The guy is ridiculously overrated and doesn't even come close to playing up to his contract.

Sack total means nothing when our interior DL couldn't stop the run. Look at how many people in this thread called Schobel "overrated" and you will see that me rating Schobel as "underrated" isn't that far fetched at all. Schobel didn't have a great year but he gets a pass because he has had plenty of seasons with 10+ sacks to earn that right. I think Schobel is a top 10 DE in the NFL. Trent is overrated because he hasn't done squat and yet people are predicting us to have a 10-11 win season, ridiculous to say the least.

OpIv37
05-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Sack total means nothing when our interior DL couldn't stop the run. Look at how many people in this thread called Schobel "overrated" and you will see that me rating Schobel as "underrated" isn't that far fetched at all. Schobel didn't have a great year but he gets a pass because he has had plenty of seasons with 10+ sacks to earn that right. I think Schobel is a top 10 DE in the NFL. Trent is overrated because he hasn't done squat and yet people are predicting us to have a 10-11 win season, ridiculous to say the least.

Actually, he's had 3 seasons over 10 sacks vs. 4 seasons UNDER 10 sacks. So I don't know why he gets a pass because of his over 10 sack seasons when he's had more under 10 sack seasons. And forget about sack totals for a minute- explain why Schobel lines up so far outside and usually ends up being steered right past the play. The guy gets owned all the time.

I agree that a 10 win season is farfetched at this point, and I half agree that Edwards is overrated. I don't think he's overrated nationally but I do think he's overrated on this board. He showed some promise last year so there's some reason for hope, but he hasn't proven anything yet.

PECKERWOOD
05-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Actually, he's had 3 seasons over 10 sacks vs. 4 seasons UNDER 10 sacks. So I don't know why he gets a pass because of his over 10 sack seasons when he's had more under 10 sack seasons. And forget about sack totals for a minute- explain why Schobel lines up so far outside and usually ends up being steered right past the play. The guy gets owned all the time.

When Schobel has had good players around him he has produced. 3 seasons with 10+ sacks is nothing to sneeze at, that's a whole nother calibre in itself. I forget the statistic but it's something like over the past 5 NFL seasons only Jason Taylor has more sacks than Schobel or something to that effect. Plus, the way I see it, Schobel has been one of the most consistent players on our defense since he was selected by the Bills in the 2nd round. Schobel is a very good player and alot of people here are unappreciative of everything he has done for this franchise. I can't knock somebody for working hard, being a leader and for the most part putting up pretty solid and consistent numbers.

I agree that a 10 win season is farfetched at this point, and I half agree that Edwards is overrated. I don't think he's overrated nationally but I do think he's overrated on this board. He showed some promise last year so there's some reason for hope, but he hasn't proven anything yet.

I would argue that Edwards is overrated not only on this board but nationally as well. People like Adam Schefter and other NFL analysts are predicting the Bills to be the surprise team in 08.

Marvelous
05-29-2008, 02:22 AM

Buffalo Bills

~The Answer

-Underrated-Crowell- AGREED 100%- He turned out to be a premier OLB. Took time to groom but it paid off...

---Overrated- Kelsay-- Total BS!!Only overrated is because the Bills had ot pay big to keep him...in todays game if you wanna keep your guys who are enterting their 2nd contract it's gonna cost! bigtime! Kelsay is our Phil Hansen guys. He's not going to pro bowl, and rarely makes sportscenter, but he's a career Buffalo Bills & to me that counts for something..We don;t need A Julius Peppers or Stahan @ LE to be effective. We needed a pressence in the middle. Liek the one we had w/ Sam Adams flying through the LOS..

---I'm a Kelsay fan! I like his motor, his work ethic & his production. If ya don't overrate him then you wont be dissapointed by him...Cmon guys, he's our LE. He oculd still blow up this season & be a force just like Crowell did, but even if he repeats last two seasons he's still effective...Some loyalty would be nice..If our LB's are free to roam & smash ball carriers. From the space eating McArgo & Stroud & Kyle(no neck) Williams,,, Esp w/ Poz coming back, & we still have the amazing(lol) up & coming Degeorgio, & The new kid form the Giants, if they are play some good ball then Schobel & Kelsay will wreck ***!

LifetimeBillsFan
05-29-2008, 03:05 AM
Arizona Cardinals

~The Answer

I think that speaks for the credibility of the article/writer.

Not really. It speaks to just how bad the Cardinals' offensive line has been the last few years!

Gandy played about as well for them as he did in his best season for the Bills last season and really WAS an upgrade for them! But, IMHO, that's not saying much....