PDA

View Full Version : What are your realistic...

Yasgur's Farm
05-27-2008, 05:42 PM
...expectations for Trent in 2008?

Please refrain from a QB debate.

With a new OC, gelled line, improvements to the WR and TE positions, and the maturity of Lynch...

Gain 3000 all purpose net yards.
Complete at least 62% of his passes.
Gain 7 yards per pass attempt.
Throw for 20 TD'S and 14 INT's.
Sacked 25 times.
5 fumbles lost.

And... If the D lives up to it's potential... 10 wins.

Luisito23
05-27-2008, 06:01 PM
I pretty much agree with everything you said Draz....Although I think he would throw around 25 TD's and about 15 or so INTs.....

mybills
05-27-2008, 06:03 PM
More improvements to the TE position.

acehole
05-27-2008, 06:09 PM
I expect better then 11th best passer to warrent handing
the franchise over to him.

I expect the playoffs not necessarily from Trent
on his shoulders but from the 2008 B Bills as it always should be.

I dont think he will be as bad as last year statistically....as we have the ingredients I was clammoring for last year. 1 legit #2 wr some help at the TE position. A scheme that will utilize the TE as well as the personel
we have here. Not only to spread the ball around to aviod the constant double teams on Lee but to put roscoe and reed in thier natural position in the slot. A running game....as draz put it.

We are Running the ball alot so we dont need P Manning back there.

No Steve Fairchild alone should bring us out of last on offense.

The one thing I will say about Trent is he does not seem to like to take a chance with the ball. If we are in fact going to run this short passing game...west coast whatever you want to call it...he seems like a perfect qb for it.

I expect him to learn to take a hit.

I expect his TD to INT ratio to improve.

I expect better accuracy from his long as well as short ball.

This is where all the theories about his greatness become true or not.

We will see if the Elway/payton manning comparisons from Answer were warrented.

There are not many excuses anyway...he has everything a young QB would hope for when handed a starting job in the nfl.

Can't wait for the opener.

With a new OC, gelled line, improvements to the WR and TE positions, and the maturity of Lynch...

Sacked 25 times.
5 fumbles lost.

X-Era
05-27-2008, 06:40 PM

Sacked 25 times.
5 fumbles lost.

I agree for the most part. Id like to see him at 200+ yards per game as well.

He is a huge key to our results this year. If he can manage the game as well as he did, improve his yards per game and TD/INT ratio, without digressing in sacks, fumbles, or completions, we should have a sound offense and can make it to the playoffs.

theanswer74
05-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Realistic expectation is to be better.

Thats all.

Bill Brasky
05-27-2008, 07:08 PM

"you must stick to your conviction, but be ready to abandon your assumptions"

it's not even july yet. i'll wait til the team is through training camp.

TacklingDummy
05-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Give up the 11th rated passer crap.

What theanswer74 says...

Thats all.

dolphinssuck
05-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Hopefully to get some of the close wins which hurt us last year.

TacklingDummy
05-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Can't wait for the Trent to fail.

I fixed it for you. :up:

PECKERWOOD
05-27-2008, 07:59 PM
I expect about 10 starts out of him, maybe 15 TD's and 12 INT's, something of that nature.

HHURRICANE
05-27-2008, 08:03 PM
[quote=draz54
Sacked 25 times.
5 fumbles lost.

[/quote]

Aren't these JP numbers from 2006 with alot more fumbles?

Mitchy moo
05-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Trent gets knocked down early in the season but gets up and leads us to the playoffs, the announcers quote Bill Walsh's call to Marv just before the start of the wildcard game.

We win that game but get NE away the following week, Brady gets blindsided by Poz and has to leave the game. Bills win it in OT and go on the play in SD for the conference, we smoked them during the regular season and run them over.

Bills play New Orleans in the SB and treat Bush like a farm animal. Trent gets the MVP and cries like a baby, I'll be crying as well as most of the people reading this.

OpIv37
05-27-2008, 08:45 PM
I think a lot of you have very high expectations for an unproven offense. Lynch is due for a breakout season, but he's not going to get it if other teams can stack the box due to a lack of a passing game. Edwards showed glimmers of hope last year, but he also has yet to prove that he can be consistent and lead this team to victory. We're also dependent on a bunch of no-name TE's and a rookie receiver.

I really think the D will be significantly improved but the O will hold them back. Also, S/T may have gotten worse- I'm holding out hope that Bobby April will at least keep them on the same level.

I'm expecting a lot of low scoring games and games that resemble the Jacksonville game last year: the Bills hang tough until late in the game before a costly turnover or exhausted D allows the other team to blow the game wide open.

mikemac2001
05-27-2008, 09:02 PM
TE > Manning > Brady

feelthepain
05-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Does anyone have a link to this same post last year for JP?

mikemac2001
05-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Does anyone have a link to this same post last year for JP?

Culpepper

acehole
05-27-2008, 09:06 PM

What theanswer74 says...

Why? If the boy is better let him be better.

feelthepain
05-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Culpepper

Johnson

acehole
05-27-2008, 09:09 PM
I fixed it for you. :up:

No it was right the way I put it.

No more theories about real things not meaning anything.

The season will reveal all.

acehole
05-27-2008, 09:25 PM

What theanswer74 says...

Why anyway he asked a question...I answered my opinion.
Those are my expectations....I want him (Trent) to prove me wrong.

Beating 11th rated would prove it to me. His second year right? He should have no problem beating the guy who is now under the bus? The guy who sucks and is a bust? Draz asked a question.... That is what I expect. This is not a qb debate.

Do we not expect he will be better then the bust? Did you not argue that for about 6 months? If what you argued was true then why the low expectations now? Should breeze by those numbers.......

Instead of stalking me why not put up your expectations of Trent?

What rated passer in the NFL? 30th like last year? 1st just like Tom Brady?

Take a stand....and be a man...
Answer Drazes question if you are not a real Tackling dummy.

acehole
05-27-2008, 09:29 PM

Thats all.

Kind of low expectations isnt it.

Are we shooting for 28th best qb rating in the NFL?

We really have lower the bar on this...havent we?

The Answer
05-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Isn't amazing how the Lick...I mean JP fanboys are willing to accept mediorce numbers similar to their hero's best season as a pro for Edwards??

I could honestly care less about numbers, my expectations for Trent are simple - leading this team to the playoffs which is something that a majority of his predessors have been unable to do since our last true franchise QB retired in 1996. And if Trent posts a 4000 yard 35 TD season in the process of leading this team to the playoffs than so be it.

It's playoffs or bust for me at this point - and I imagine that anything less will be a dissappointment for the rest of the jaded Buffalo Bills faithful as well.

~The Answer

Romes
05-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Stats are for baseball. I want playoffs.

acehole
05-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Good post!

A man(or whatever she is) who at least stands by their prior opinions.

Playoffs are possible for the Bills ....I hope so. I think it is possible.

No expectations for Trent personally though?

You were the one who compared him to elway/manning..you should expect similar numbers then right?....or did you change your opinion in 2 days?

PS Don't bring up JP he is a back up (and bust in your opinion)
and we are not having a qb debate.

Stay focused .....your expectations for Trent Edwards.

=The Answer]Isn't amazing how the Lick...I mean JP fanboys are willing to accept mediorce numbers similar to their hero's best season as a pro for Edwards??

I could honestly care less about numbers, my expectations for Trent are simple - leading this team to the playoffs which is something that a majority of his predessors have been unable to do since our last true franchise QB retired in 2006. And if Trent posts a 4000 yard 35 TD season in the process of leading this team to the playoffs than so be it.

It's playoffs or bust for me at this point - and I imagine that anything less will be a dissappointment for the rest of the jaded Buffalo Bills faithful as well.

~The Answer[/quote]

The Answer
05-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Good post!

A man(or whatever she is) who at least stands by their prior opinions.

Playoffs are possible for the Bills ....I hope so. I think it is possible.

No expectations for Trent personally though?

You were the one who compared him to elway/manning..you should expect similar numbers then right?....or did you change your opinion in 2 days?

PS Don't bring up JP he is a back up (and bust in your opinion)
and we are not having a qb debate.

Stay focused .....your expectations for Trent Edwards.

=The Answer]Isn't amazing how the Lick...I mean JP fanboys are willing to accept mediorce numbers similar to their hero's best season as a pro for Edwards??

I could honestly care less about numbers, my expectations for Trent are simple - leading this team to the playoffs which is something that a majority of his predessors have been unable to do since our last true franchise QB retired in 2006. And if Trent posts a 4000 yard 35 TD season in the process of leading this team to the playoffs than so be it.

~The Answer

Fine - I'll play this game.

If Trent stays healthy, I see him posting these type of numbers during his sophmore campaign:

3300 - 3700 yards
20 - 30 TD's
15 - 20 Int's

But the most important stat: 10-12 wins as starter

~The Answer

acehole
05-27-2008, 09:51 PM
You were the one to bring up JP with your 11th ranked QB crap. QB ranking is the most useless stat. in all of football.

Tom Brady #1.

Thanks for playing.

What you are really saying is
you dont expect him to be better the 11th and now in CYA mode.

Got it.

Still noticed you have not posted your own personal expectation.

acehole
05-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Fine - I'll play this game.

If Trent stays healthy, I see him posting these type of numbers during his sophmore campaign:

3300 - 3700 yards
20 - 30 TD's
15 - 20 Int's

But the most important stat: 10-12 wins as starter

~The Answer

Thanks...these are your expectations and one should not agrue with them.

Romes
05-27-2008, 09:59 PM
In 2006 -

Tom Brady 87.9
JP Losman 84.9

Wow, the stats show JP Losman is close to as good as Tom Brady! :rolleyes:

acehole
05-27-2008, 10:13 PM
In 2006 -

Tom Brady 87.9
JP Losman 84.9

Wow, the stats show JP Losman is close to as good as Tom Brady! :rolleyes:

So it would seem.

Too bad one got weapons in 2007 and one got the bus.

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 09:08 AM
You were the one to bring up JP with your 11th ranked QB crap. QB ranking is the most useless stat. in all of football.
I see nothing wrong with Draz expecting Edwards to do better than JP's 06 nos. I expect the same. It's not a shot at Edwards. Goating would be blasting one qb over the other.

this is crap

Isn't amazing how the Lick...I mean JP fanboys are willing to accept mediorce numbers similar to their hero's best season as a pro for Edwards??

~The Answer

shelby
05-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Y'all insist on making me work....

Stay on topic, please.

My expectations for Edwards:

See how well he handles calling audibles
Improved cold weather play
Better red zone production

Pinkerton Security
05-28-2008, 09:27 AM
i expect trent to play a roethlisberger role for our QB spot this year.

IF.....huge huge IF.....our D returns to top-10 form and our running game prospers, he doesnt necessarily need 3000 yards, he just needs to manage the game and retain the ball. move us down the field. complete 3rd downs. if he can do that we'll be in good shape. if not, we're not making the playoffs.

can he do it? yes. if we use him effectively.

TacklingDummy
05-28-2008, 09:28 AM
So it would seem.

Too bad one got weapons in 2007 and one got the bus.

But in 2006 he was the 11th ranked passer with no weapons. What was the problem last year? :rolleyes:

shelby
05-28-2008, 09:30 AM
TD, no more. Discuss Edwards, and leave it at that.
Thank you.

PromoTheRobot
05-28-2008, 09:36 AM
12 wins are possible. 10 wins is realistic. I don't care how they do it.

PTR

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 09:37 AM
i expect trent to play a roethlisberger role for our QB spot this year.

IF.....huge huge IF.....our D returns to top-10 form and our running game prospers, he doesnt necessarily need 3000 yards, he just needs to manage the game and retain the ball. move us down the field. complete 3rd downs. if he can do that we'll be in good shape. if not, we're not making the playoffs.

can he do it? yes. if we use him effectively.

The O has to learn how to win games for us under Dick.I don't want the D to carry this team on it's shoulders again. The only way we get anywhere is if the D becomes as dominant as the Ravens and Bucks D or our DL can dominate the Pats' O. It has the potential on paper to contain the Pats but someone else is gonna have to win games for us.

Pinkerton Security
05-28-2008, 10:02 AM
The O has to learn how to win games for us under Dick.I don't want the D to carry this team on it's shoulders again. The only way we get anywhere is if the D becomes as dominant as the Ravens and Bucks D or our DL can dominate the Pats' O. It has the potential on paper to contain the Pats but someone else is gonna have to win games for us.

im not saying it needs to carry us, necessarily. it probably will at times. Edwards does need to make plays, but needs to "play within himself" to use a cliche. I just dont think he needs to throw for 250 yards a game for us to win, as long as he makes enough key plays to sustain drives.

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 10:07 AM
im not saying it needs to carry us, necessarily. it probably will at times. Edwards does need to make plays, but needs to "play within himself" to use a cliche. I just dont think he needs to throw for 250 yards a game for us to win, . :up:

as long as he makes enough key plays to sustain drives.he's already proven he can do that. Now he has to be able to score especially now that he's been given more to work with. I'll be upset with Turk if Trent Edwards turns into Trent Dilfer .

feelthepain
05-28-2008, 10:12 AM
12 wins are possible. 10 wins is realistic. I don't care how they do it.

PTR
So, the number is 12 now? Why stop there? Just because the Bills haven't won 12 games since the early 90's and their coming off a truly awesome 7-9 season I see no reason why the Bills can't win 14 or even 16 games. After all the Bills are every bit as talented as the Pats, they just had a lot of injuries last year. But they added the best FA's to be had in the off-season. So who do you think the Bill will rip apart in the SB this year?

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 10:19 AM
So who do you think the Bill will rip apart in the SB this year?
Could be one of the other 30 teams because you can count out the fins for sure.

We'll filet the fish in regular season.

djjimkelly
05-28-2008, 10:20 AM
I agree for the most part. Id like to see him at 200+ yards per game as well.

He is a huge key to our results this year. If he can manage the game as well as he did, improve his yards per game and TD/INT ratio, without digressing in sacks, fumbles, or completions, we should have a sound offense and can make it to the playoffs.

not really jaurons style even if we are winning games jauron has proven he will go into a shell and pound rock. jauron still thinks its 1965.

dick thinks a 3 point lead in 4th quarter is a 30 point lead

Seventeen&0
05-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Could be one of the other 30 teams because you can count out the fins for sure.

We'll filet the fish in regular season.

I'd be willing to bet we split this year.
I came back and "Ate Crow" so you know I'm good for it

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 12:46 PM
I'd be willing to bet we split this year.
I came back and "Ate Crow" so you know I'm good for it
I was just smacking FTP ,but if you wish 5,000 zbs?

acehole
05-28-2008, 01:08 PM
But in 2006 he was the 11th ranked passer with no weapons. What was the problem last year? :rolleyes:

He had Moulds and Lee evans will macgahee..everet and royal and did we not have fairchild?

The Answer
05-28-2008, 01:27 PM
He had Moulds and Lee evans will macgahee..everet and royal and did we not have fairchild?

Yes JP did have fairchild in 2006 - and thanks for admitting that he had a lot more weapons than Trent did as a rookie in 2007.

~The Answer

Seventeen&0
05-28-2008, 02:38 PM

Sorry for the delay...I had to look up what zbs are!!
We don't have those in FH.
But, sure, you're on.
5K zbs.

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Sorry for the delay...I had to look up what zbs are!!
We don't have those in FH.
But, sure, you're on.
5K zbs.

The zb's are used for changing FTP's (ONLY) title to whatever you want. Try it :up:

Seventeen&0
05-28-2008, 03:18 PM

I knew you were smacking on FTP, no worries.

Seventeen&0
05-28-2008, 03:18 PM
The zb's are used for changing FTP's (ONLY) title to whatever you want. Try it :up:

Reeaally, hmm, I'll keep that in mind.

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Reeaally, hmm, I'll keep that in mind.
yeah but that only works on him :snicker:

acehole
05-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Yes JP did have fairchild in 2006 - and thanks for admitting that he had a lot more weapons than Trent did as a rookie in 2007.

~The Answer

So 11th best or the bus then?

acehole
05-28-2008, 05:53 PM

~The Answer

On that Note Trent did not do that well in 2007 amongst starters in the NFL.

You are proving my piont that nither had enough to work with in 2007.

It would seem more weapons = better play.

Go figure.

Anyway Trent should have no problems surpassing that and more then is your contention and expectation.

We shall see...all to be revealed...2008 buffalo bills...when is kick off.

The Answer
05-28-2008, 06:27 PM
On that Note Trent did not do that well in 2007 amongst starters in the NFL.

You are proving my piont that nither had enough to work with in 2007.

It would seem more weapons = better play.

Go figure.

Anyway Trent should have no problems surpassing that and more then is your contention and expectation.

We shall see...all to be revealed...2008 buffalo bills...when is kick off.

JP was in his 4th year last year, Trent was a rookie.

JP was 2-5 as a starter, Trent 5-4

What exactly are you trying to debate?

~The Answer

Yasgur's Farm
05-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Can't debate with somebody who throws out all stats that don't support their point.

JP Played ~6.3 games in 2007. Game average = 191.1 yards/game.

Trent played ~9.7 games in 2007. Game average = 168.0 yards/game.

Yasgur's Farm
05-28-2008, 06:41 PM
How much could Trent possibly have to do with wins when he failed to lead the O to TD's in 2 of his 5 wins... 5 of his 9 starts. Trent led O's have trouble outscoring our D and ST's!!

The Answer
05-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Can't debate with somebody who throws out all stats that don't support their point.

JP Played ~6.3 games in 2007. Game average = 191.1 yards/game.

Trent played ~9.7 games in 2007. Game average = 168.0 yards/game.

Please don't make me repeat myself over and over.

Again -

~The Answer

The Answer
05-28-2008, 06:49 PM
How much could Trent possibly have to do with wins when he failed to lead the O to TD's in 2 of his 5 wins... 5 of his 9 starts. Trent led O's have trouble outscoring our D and ST's!!

As opposed to Losman led offenses that average 4 turnovers a game?

~The Answer

Yasgur's Farm
05-28-2008, 06:51 PM

~The AnswerThat's a lie... link please!

Yasgur's Farm
05-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Wait for it...

Yasgur's Farm
05-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Wait for it...

djjimkelly
05-28-2008, 07:51 PM

~The Answer

yup trent won the jets game lol i love the logic

djjimkelly
05-28-2008, 07:52 PM

~The Answer

please stick to facts.

Yasgur's Farm
05-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Stayed tune for the answer's answer to the lie.

acehole
05-28-2008, 08:08 PM

~The Answer

That Trent's second year will surpass the last guys second year.

Expectations and all.

I expect him to....he has a better team around him.

He is a better qb for this system....so why the big reservation?

Philagape
05-28-2008, 08:14 PM

Like field goals ...... (they count on the scoreboard too, you know)

How much could Trent possibly have to do with wins when he failed to lead the O to TD's in 2 of his 5 wins... 5 of his 9 starts.

Talk about cherry-picking stats. One could as easily say that a JP-led offense scored more than 14 points only once, while the Trent-led O did that five times. Five to one!
The ridiculous back-and-forth could last all day. You've sunk far.

The O scored 125 points under Trent, 88 under JP. Using your games played decimals, that averages to 12.8 for Trent, 13.9 for JP, a small deficit that would have easily swung the other way had JP played in the blizzard instead of Trent.
Wow, the rookie was that close to the veteran.

YardRat
05-28-2008, 08:41 PM
I expect Trent to play well enough to help put the team in a position to win enough games to make the playoffs.

I don't care about his stats, only that the team wins while he is at the helm.

Yasgur's Farm
05-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Damn... I musta had too much to drink last night... I said no QB debate please. And I let myself get goated into it.

Dujek
05-29-2008, 06:42 AM
I expect Trent to play safe conservative football in a ball-control offence. I expect him to improve his decision making and throw more TDs than Interceptions. I expect him to be playing in at least the first week of the playoffs.

Apart from that, the specific numbers don't particularly matter.

justasportsfan
05-29-2008, 08:57 AM
a small deficit that would have easily swung the other way had JP played in the blizzard instead of Trent.
:rofl: