PDA

View Full Version : Hey Rockstar...

OpIv37
05-27-2008, 08:38 PM
you were right about the bandwagon-jumping Penguins fans.

I was in the Strip District on Saturday before the game. Almost every street vendor was selling Penguins crap, and almost all the people were buying it. I saw a lot of people wearing Penguins gear that looked brand new, and I'm sure some of it was brand new because it was specific to this year's Cup finals.

To be fair, the city seemed obsessed- it's all the TV and newspapers talked about, and every bar had specials for the game. Even the record stores had the game on the radio instead of music. But if you're buying the shirt the day of the Finals game, you don't deserve to be a fan.

LtFinFan66
05-28-2008, 01:22 AM
To be fair, if they are finals related shirts and they just came out, I can understand them being bought

RockStar36
05-28-2008, 06:36 AM
I can understand many of them being fans of the team but all of a sudden I'm noticing people acting like they are die-hard. That is what annoys me. A friend of mine kept calling me all playoffs talking **** about the Pens and Iwould counter with "You're a wagon hopper", his respond "I've always liked everything Pittsburgh". Well Saturday night comes along and I'm going out and invite him and he comes saying "Eh, it's only game 1, who cares if I miss it". Real die hard...

DraftBoy
05-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Its like this with every team...

RockStar36
05-28-2008, 08:25 AM
I realize that. It is just especially frustrating because I'm surrounded by these idiots. Although I'm getting the last laugh currently.

SabreEleven
05-28-2008, 09:03 AM
I can understand many of them being fans of the team but all of a sudden I'm noticing people acting like they are die-hard. That is what annoys me. A friend of mine kept calling me all playoffs talking **** about the Pens and Iwould counter with "You're a wagon hopper", his respond "I've always liked everything Pittsburgh". Well Saturday night comes along and I'm going out and invite him and he comes saying "Eh, it's only game 1, who cares if I miss it". Real die hard...

Throw some octopus at him

RockStar36
05-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Throw some octopus at him

I doubt he would even understanding the meaning of it.

OpIv37
05-28-2008, 04:45 PM
To be fair, if they are finals related shirts and they just came out, I can understand them being bought

well you figure real fans would have old stuff to wear too.... you never know if the person bought the shirt to commemorate the finals or if they bought the shirt cuz they didn't have any other Penguins gear to wear. I saw people buying the shirts and putting them on right there, so I'm assuming they didn't have any Penguins stuff before they left the house (or they did and were such huge fans that they didn't know the game was on that day).

SabreEleven
05-28-2008, 05:25 PM
I doubt he would even understanding the meaning of it.

That would be even funnier.

BigPOPPA
05-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Yo thurm told me when he went to college down there no one gave 2 ****s about the Pens and still didnt' up until they made the playoffs last year.

RockStar36
05-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Exactly. Many people in Pittsburgh are Pirates "fans" yet they can't sell out half of that ballpark, but I promise if they make the playoffs one of these days that place will be packed with Pirate die-hard fans. The best in baseball!

Michael82
05-29-2008, 02:35 PM
honestly from what I saw in Buffalo the last few years, we really can't be throwing stones from our glass house. :ill: There were tons of people sporting brand new jerseys and new Sabres merchandise when they went on that run a couple years ago. People were talking about the Sabres that never even heard about them before that.

The King
05-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Go Wings!