PDA

View Full Version : Commish to issue fan conduct policy Thursday

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:05 AM ET | Link

COMMISH TO ISSUE FAN CONDUCT POLICY: For those who might have missed it over the holiday weekend, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will be issuing a fan conduct policy before next season. It's unknown at this point if the policy will hold NFL teams accountable for fan behavior in much the same way his new player conduct policy will hold teams financially accountable by way of fines. But you have to give him credit for trying to clean up a problem. Nice to see Goodell trying to take care of the minority of fans that ruin it for everyone else and keep a lot of fans from bringing their young kids to a game. For a rundown of some of the more serious incidents that have cropped up over the years Fox Sports addresses them and what Goodell's policy could entail.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

this is bad news for drunken bills fans. IsGoodell trying to protect PAts fans again for when they come to buffalo or anywhere where they will be called cheaters?

BigPOPPA
05-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Thurm is going to have to straighten up.

The King
05-28-2008, 09:47 AM
this is bad news for drunken bills fans. IsGoodell trying to protect PAts fans again for when they come to buffalo or anywhere where they will be called cheaters?

Sounds to me thats the case. Which is BS

Jan Reimers
05-28-2008, 09:48 AM
This is probably needed, particularly if the individual teams don't do enough to curb their fans' unruly behavior, and I like Goodell's stand on player misconduct.

I just wish he would spend as much time and energy on the worst NFL problem - the cheating Pats and their low life coach.

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 09:49 AM
This is probably needed, particularly if the individual teams don't do enough to curb their fans' unruly behavior, and I like Goodell's stand on player misconduct.

I just wish he would spend as much time and energy on the worst NFL problem - the cheating Pats and their low life coach.

NO more "CHEATERS" signs from the bleachers or the home team will be fined.

DraftBoy
05-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Probably more for places like Philadelphia and Oakland...but of course everything revolves around conspiracy theories...

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 10:09 AM
but of course everything revolves around conspiracy theories...

:bandwagon

mybills
05-28-2008, 10:53 AM
NO more "CHEATERS" signs from the bleachers or the home team will be fined.
I made that T-shirt for nothing? :mad:

RockStar36
05-28-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't think he is protecting the Patriots by making this rule guys. I think it is more along the lines of parents for the most part can't bring kids to the game because it's a big drunken mess in the stands.

BAM
05-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Sounds good to me. I love having a good time, but I've noticed a lot of people don't know how to handle their alcohol. There's really no need to get staggering drunk at a football game. Never could understand why you'd even want to.

Mitchy moo
05-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Pretty soon they'll be drug testing the fans and suspending people for 4 games, 1 year / lifetime bans. Just spit in the cup on the way in and have your season tickets taken away. Personally I want to smoke at the galleria mall and have a oops I'm drunk policy for cops to take you home.

True freedom slips further away.

SABuffalo786
05-28-2008, 02:07 PM
The pussification of America continues.

Don't like the atmosphere? Sit in the family sections.

*prepares for flaming*

BigPOPPA
05-28-2008, 02:09 PM

:bf1:

Dr. Lecter
05-28-2008, 02:12 PM

*prepares for flaming*

Yeah, get vomited on by a drunk and enjoy it!

My section was brutal this year. It takes away from the enjoyment of the game. And, if I had kids, I would shudder to think about taking them.

People should be able to expect a rowdy, but well behaved, crowd if you are spending $50+ to see a football game.

MikeInRoch
05-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Right, because being drunk and disorderly is something America needs.

What a joke.

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 02:14 PM
drunken bills fans are one of he leagues biggest jerks even towards fellow bills fans.

ublinkwescore
05-28-2008, 02:28 PM
drunken bills fans are one of he leagues biggest jerks even towards fellow bills fans.

I was looking forward to being one of those drunken Bills fans some day at the Ralph.

SABuffalo786
05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
*shrugs*

About what I expected.

I can see the point on families not wanting to bring children but I'd rather have little Johnny stay home until he's old enough than have a stadium that has the intesity of a library.

DraftBoy
05-28-2008, 02:32 PM
*shrugs*

About what I expected.

I can see the point on families not wanting to bring children but I'd rather have little Johnny stay home until he's old enough than have a stadium that has the intesity of a library.

I dont see how asking adults to have a little self control and respect is the pussification of America so to speak. You (as in the fan being punished here) are not the only person there at the game trying to have a good time.

Dr. Lecter
05-28-2008, 02:35 PM
*shrugs*

About what I expected.

There is a difference between intensity and obnoxiousness.

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 03:21 PM
theres a bz member who once got drunk and snuck beer underneath his jacket to the stadium . He was yelling obscenities to the opposing team and then started pouring beer on himself. NO one wanted to sit beside him and both Bills and jets fans alike started yelling "a$$hole ..." .

Needless to say , security came and threw his arse out. Funniest thing I've seen. I still have the pictures.

mybills
05-28-2008, 03:34 PM
If it's who I'm thinking, I had to drive his car.

justasportsfan
05-28-2008, 03:39 PM
If it's who I'm thinking, I had to drive his car.
maybe I'm lying. It could've been a she :D

Meathead
05-28-2008, 09:32 PM
they should have a fenced off drunken ass hole section where you get to barf and piss and fight each other all you want

i would pay big money for tickets overlooking that section

Meathead
05-28-2008, 09:33 PM
im going to issue a commissioner conduct policy that outlaws destruction of cheating evidence

Mad Bomber
05-28-2008, 10:24 PM
they should have a fenced off drunken ass hole section where you get to barf and piss and fight each other all you want

Ummm....I think you're talking about the section where Eb and Clump get the opener tickets for Zoners.....

Dr. Lecter
05-28-2008, 10:28 PM

This is too easy:

How can you be overlooking that section when you are sitting in it?

Mitchy moo
05-29-2008, 06:14 AM
I say they hire those flying monkey's from the wizard of Oz to enforce these new rules as well, they were pretty intimidating and have as much chance of enforcing it as the rent a cops.

jamze132
05-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Commish needs to worry about cheating coaches and not the fans right now...

El Guapo
05-29-2008, 07:13 AM

That would be Section 121. I have a pretty good view from my section (116). A few years ago, during the Denver night game, I saw more fights/brawls there in one quarter than in an entire season.

mybills
05-29-2008, 07:53 AM
I may not be able to bring a cheating sign to the stadium, or wear one there, but I can gladly make/use a bumper sticker since I'm stuck here in New England. :evil:

Bill Brasky
05-29-2008, 07:58 AM

COMMISH TO ISSUE FAN CONDUCT POLICY: For those who might have missed it over the holiday weekend, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will be issuing a fan conduct policy before next season. It's unknown at this point if the policy will hold NFL teams accountable for fan behavior in much the same way his new player conduct policy will hold teams financially accountable by way of fines. But you have to give him credit for trying to clean up a problem. Nice to see Goodell trying to take care of the minority of fans that ruin it for everyone else and keep a lot of fans from bringing their young kids to a game. For a rundown of some of the more serious incidents that have cropped up over the years Fox Sports addresses them and what Goodell's policy could entail.

give me an f'n break. people also don't bring their kids because they can't afford to. i don't see him trying to curb the escalating costs associated with this "business".

you've got a super bowl team found more or less guilty of cheating the fans and the game, greedy players *****ing about how they don't make enough, and teams going into the red... and he wants to concern himself with governing people's behavior now?

what a joke.

Mitchy moo
05-29-2008, 09:40 AM
give me an f'n break. people also don't bring their kids because they can't afford to. i don't see him trying to curb the escalating costs associated with this "business".

you've got a super bowl team found more or less guilty of cheating the fans and the game, greedy players *****ing about how they don't make enough, and teams going into the red... and he wants to concern himself with governing people's behavior now?

what a joke.

They have been caught cheating a second time on another subject, yet the fans conduct is more important than addressing the product it puts on the field. How many things can NE get away with and still call it fair for the other teams in the league?

zone
05-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I can’t even believe this is his concern. Let the individual stadium security and law enforcement officials worry about what fans can and can not do.

Get the people who are being paid within the NFL Company to abide by the rules set by the NFL since they are in essence his employees.

The people that pay money to come and watch cheaters are none of his concern.

If someone acts up at a concert and does something stupid does the band get fined?

Give me a break.

dannyek71
05-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Im glad to hear about this. Why do people feel they need to drink to enjoy themselves?

OpIv37
05-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Why is Goodell so concerned about everyone's behavior EXCEPT Bill Bellicheck's? He throws the book at players and now fans but just ignores systematic, blatant rules violations.

Iehoshua
05-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Why is Goodell so concerned about everyone's behavior EXCEPT Bill Bellicheck's? He throws the book at players and now fans but just ignores systematic, blatant rules violations.
Relax, as long as there are no fan conduct policies at hockey games, specifically concerning ornery over-the-hill people, you'll be fine, Op.

:up:

User Manuel
05-29-2008, 02:23 PM

A lot of zoners are going to get to see alot less football.

Cntrygal
05-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Im glad to hear about this. Why do people feel they need to drink to enjoy themselves?

Nice avatar. ;)

Cntrygal
05-29-2008, 07:55 PM
I can’t even believe this is his concern. Let the individual stadium security and law enforcement officials worry about what fans can and can not do.

Get the people who are being paid within the NFL Company to abide by the rules set by the NFL since they are in essence his employees.

The people that pay money to come and watch cheaters are none of his concern.

If someone acts up at a concert and does something stupid does the band get fined?

Give me a break.

:10:

realdealryan
05-29-2008, 08:35 PM
So when I start pissing myself instead of waiting in the hour-long lines by, say, halftime or so, I'll get the Bills in trouble?