PDA

View Full Version : Posluszny eager to make up for lost season

YardRat
05-28-2008, 07:42 PM
http://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/local_story_149192215.html

Fully healed and cleared for contact, and after having spent the past few months bulking up his already muscular 6-foot-1, 240-pound frame, Posluszny is eager for a fresh start.

No longer a rookie, but still relatively untested at the NFL level, he’s looking forward to proving he can be the dominating middle linebacker the team expected after trading up in the second round to draft the Penn State product and two-time college defensive player of the year.

“I just can’t wait,” he said. “It’s good to be back, competing with the guys and getting ready for a new year.”

He’s made a good impression two weeks into the team’s spring sessions.

On Tuesday, he burst through the middle and bowled over backup center Duke Preston.

On Wednesday, during a red-zone team drill, Posluszny followed the play perfectly to make a leaping one-handed interception, picking off starter Trent Edwards’ pass at the goal line.

“Yeah, finally got my hands on the ball,” Posluszny said. “It felt good.”

Linebackers coach Matt Sheldon is impressed by how Posluszny has kept up with the playbook to stay sharp, noting how positionally sound the player has been in practice.

Patti120
05-28-2008, 09:00 PM
http://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/local_story_149192215.html

Fully healed and cleared for contact, and after having spent the past few months bulking up his already muscular 6-foot-1, 240-pound frame, Posluszny is eager for a fresh start.

No longer a rookie, but still relatively untested at the NFL level, he’s looking forward to proving he can be the dominating middle linebacker the team expected after trading up in the second round to draft the Penn State product and two-time college defensive player of the year.

“I just can’t wait,” he said. “It’s good to be back, competing with the guys and getting ready for a new year.”

He’s made a good impression two weeks into the team’s spring sessions.

On Tuesday, he burst through the middle and bowled over backup center Duke Preston.

On Wednesday, during a red-zone team drill, Posluszny followed the play perfectly to make a leaping one-handed interception, picking off starter Trent Edwards’ pass at the goal line.

Linebackers coach Matt Sheldon is impressed by how Posluszny has kept up with the playbook to stay sharp, noting how positionally sound the player has been in practice.

:clap:

Psyched to see what he can do. He's definitely still unproven but he has great potential. Always interesting.

Here's to a great year folks!

ublinkwescore
05-29-2008, 01:06 AM
I wanna see the dude with the mohawk make the team a la Digi.

hammerbillsfan
05-29-2008, 01:55 AM
Poz is going to dominate this season, I can't wait! :gobills: :flex:

LifetimeBillsFan
05-29-2008, 03:33 AM
According to C.Brown on BB.com, Posluzny had an acrobatic, leaping, one-handed INT in practice on Wednesday.

While I still think that Poz has a lot to learn about the NFL game, having played only a couple of games last year, I think that he will become a real factor for the Bills this year, especially as the season progresses and he gets a few more games under his belt.

LB is a position where a young player can make a difference right away. MLB in a 4-3 defense is a little tougher because he has to get everyone organized between plays and make all of the calls. Having been able to be around the team last year and work with the coaches in the classroom in the off-season should really help Posluzny know what he needs to do and make the play-calls this season, though. And, that should make it easier for him to just play the game and make plays.

While I don't think that he will let the fact that he broke his arm last year impact his game this season, I do believe that being two seasons removed from the knee injury that he suffered after his junior year in college will allow him to be a better player this season as well. That was a bad injury and it did have a negative impact on his mobility and the way he played his last year in college. He looked better last year before he broke his arm, but I think that giving that knee another year to heal (without it going through a full season of contact) could allow him to have pretty close to the same mobility that he had before the knee injury.

If Posluzny can get back anywhere close to the mobility that he had his junior season in college and stay healthy this season, IMHO he's going to be a major factor for the Bills.

(I really didn't get a chance to take a close look at Poz until about midway through his junior season. By that point in time, I was totally convinced that AJ Hawk was the best LB in college that year. Then, I saw Poz play in three games against really good opposition. He was so utterly dominant in those games that I had no choice but to rate him above Hawk. I was hoping that he would come out as a junior and that the Bills would have a shot at drafting him, but then I saw him get hurt in his bowl game--another game that he dominated before getting hurt--and knew he would stay in school. His senior season, Posluzny was good, but IMHO not nearly the player that he was as a junior--you could see that he was hampered by the knee. I was happy that the Bills were able to draft him, but had some concerns about how he would look. He seemed more fluid and mobile last year before he broke his arm, but still didn't seem to be quite back to where he was as a junior--when he was the most dominant LB I had seen in college in a very long time. They say that it takes a player a couple of years to get over that kind of injury and get back to where he was before the injury--if that is possible. So, I'm very interested to see how Poz will look this season. And, I'm really hoping that having an extra year to recover from this knee injury will help him to get back to being the same kind of dominant player he was before he hurt the knee.)

jamze132
05-29-2008, 07:13 AM
While I don't think that he will let the fact that he broke his arm last year impact his game this season, I do believe that being two seasons removed from the knee injury that he suffered after his junior year in college will allow him to be a better player this season as well. That was a bad injury and it did have a negative impact on his mobility and the way he played his last year in college. He looked better last year before he broke his arm, but I think that giving that knee another year to heal (without it going through a full season of contact) could allow him to have pretty close to the same mobility that he had before the knee injury.

If Posluzny can get back anywhere close to the mobility that he had his junior season in college and stay healthy this season, IMHO he's going to be a major factor for the Bills.

Bingo! I think him getting that knee another year of rest is going to pay huge dividends for him and the Bills this year!

Mad Bomber
05-29-2008, 09:00 AM

That's a good news/bad news observation. It doesn't help my already low opinion of Preston.

Dr. Lecter
05-29-2008, 09:06 AM
[/i]

That's a good news/bad news observation. It doesn't help my already low opinion of Preston.

Considering that my mother, on her sprained ankle, could also run over Preston it is not even good news.

raphael120
05-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Well I think it's great that he got a year to pretty much focus on the mental part of the game, which a MLB has a great deal to do being the so called QB of the defense, it's good he's at least gotten that aspect of the game to build from. I remember last years camp, he was slow to learn the defense and that's why Digi was ahead of him. Now I think Digi no longer has the edge mentally and definitely not physically.

Al the Bills Fan
06-01-2008, 11:39 PM
I can't wait to see this kid on the field again. I love the his style of play, I know he is still unproven but he has the potential to be a monster for us this year. The thing I like most about him is his desire to win and his commitment. When I read last season about him attending all of the Bills practices even while he was in a cast, he quickly became one of my favorite players.

I think that he has the potential to be near the top of the league in tackles this season. Hoping for a great season from him.

im4bflo
06-02-2008, 12:16 AM
[

yeah baby... a pick! :hail:POZ :xtreme: