PDA

View Full Version : Chick makes replica of the Ice Bowl at the Ralph out of garbage

Myers57
05-28-2008, 11:10 PM
RECREATING THE RALPH
Erin Pollina | Sabres.com
May 28, 2008, 3:21 PM EDT
+ Click for larger photo
RELATED GREEN LINKS
Mission Statement: More
Join the Green Team: More
Green News: More
Video Messages: More
For Jessica Arsenault, one person’s trash is another’s Winter Classic.

Claiming first prize at the 17th annual I*MA*GREEN*NATION Celebration in Albany, the 14-year-old demonstrated that recycling can come in many forms – even Ralph Wilson Stadium.

For her efforts, she was recognized with other winners at an award ceremony following the event.

“I knew it had to be big and I knew it had to show how recyclables can be made into art… and I wanted people to see just what you can do with them,” Arsenault, of North Tonawanda, said of the project.

The eighth-grader opted to make a replica of the Jan. 1 outdoor rink completely out of reused materials for the arts and crafts portion of the competition.

Sponsored by the New York State Senate, the contest aims at encouraging students from first grade to eighth grade “to use their imaginations to develop ideas to improve recycling and protect our natural resources,” according to its Web site.

“It’s just helping people learn about it and trying to make kids our age, who are going to be the future, think of how to help,” Arsenault said.

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=364571

Ebenezer
05-29-2008, 12:00 AM
...and you could use the word(s) young lady, girl, student, why? :shakeno: I know if it were my daughter I wouldn't appreciate some message board poster calling her a chick.

Crisis
05-29-2008, 12:15 AM
...and you could use the word(s) young lady, girl, student, why? :shakeno: I know if it were my daughter I wouldn't appreciate some message board poster calling her a chick.

you read into things way too much

who cares

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-29-2008, 06:36 AM
That chick did a good job.

Bill Brasky
05-29-2008, 08:09 AM
if that chick was my daughter, i'd ground her for making such a pitiful display...

DraftBoy
05-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Very good work by this young lady. Im quite impressed.

OpIv37
05-29-2008, 12:21 PM
obviously the way the Sabres played in that game inspired her choice of materials.

RockStar36
05-29-2008, 12:29 PM
obviously the way the Sabres played in that game inspired her choice of materials.

If I remember correctly the Sabres played a very good game, just didn't slip enough past Conklin.

OpIv37
05-29-2008, 12:35 PM
If I remember correctly the Sabres played a very good game, just didn't slip enough past Conklin.

it's tough to say they played a good game when they only managed 1 goal against a guy who was on our bench last year, couldn't score on a 4 on 3 in OT and lost in a shootout.

BlackMetalNinja
05-29-2008, 12:38 PM
it's tough to say they played a good game when they only managed 1 goal against a guy who was on our bench last year, couldn't score on a 4 on 3 in OT and lost in a shootout.
Yeah, because Conklin only had easily the lowest GAA in the league during the stretch when he started. It's not like he didn't do it to the whole league or anything. Come on, try a little harder and I'm sure you can find something more realistic to ***** about.

OpIv37
05-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah, because Conklin only had easily the lowest GAA in the league during the stretch when he started. It's not like he didn't do it to the whole league or anything. Come on, try a little harder and I'm sure you can find something more realistic to ***** about.

allowing a goal 19 seconds into the game, scoring only once, failing to win a shootout, failing to score on a 4 on 3 in overtime and you're DEFENDING how they played? You've got to be kidding me.

Who cares if Conklin had the lowest GAA in the league? It's the Sabres' job to score goals no matter who's in the net, not sit back and say "well no one else can score on him either."

BigPOPPA
05-29-2008, 12:50 PM
True dat. I woulda called her a Ho.

Dude
05-29-2008, 01:25 PM
How much did Pepsi pay her to make that piece of trash?

Dozerdog
05-29-2008, 01:27 PM
The bald chick got offended

RockStar36
05-29-2008, 03:02 PM
allowing a goal 19 seconds into the game, scoring only once, failing to win a shootout, failing to score on a 4 on 3 in overtime and you're DEFENDING how they played? You've got to be kidding me.

Who cares if Conklin had the lowest GAA in the league? It's the Sabres' job to score goals no matter who's in the net, not sit back and say "well no one else can score on him either."

My point was that they didn't play like trash. They controlled a large portion of that game. I'm sure the elements had something to do with the low score as well. I didn't shut the game off at the end thinking the Sabres played a bad game at all.

OpIv37
05-29-2008, 03:18 PM
My point was that they didn't play like trash. They controlled a large portion of that game. I'm sure the elements had something to do with the low score as well. I didn't shut the game off at the end thinking the Sabres played a bad game at all.

The elements? Pittsburgh had to play in the same elements as we did, not to mention a different city and a hostile crowd. The elements are never an excuse because both teams play in the SAME elements.

They didn't control enough of the game to win, they had plenty of opportunities and couldn't capitalize. That's playing like trash.

SabreEleven
05-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Where is the replica of Bettman and NBC sucking Crosby's dick?

RockStar36
05-29-2008, 06:29 PM
The elements? Pittsburgh had to play in the same elements as we did, not to mention a different city and a hostile crowd. The elements are never an excuse because both teams play in the SAME elements.

They didn't control enough of the game to win, they had plenty of opportunities and couldn't capitalize. That's playing like trash.

That is kind of what I meant. Pittsburgh didn't really do anything special either. Both teams were limited as to what they could do. But I remember at least for the 2nd period Buffalo completely dominating the play.

RockStar36
05-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Every single team that loses a game didn't capitalize on opportunities so I guess every single professional team plays like trash several times a year. The Red Wings sure played like trash last night.

OpIv37
05-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Every single team that loses a game didn't capitalize on opportunities so I guess every single professional team plays like trash several times a year. The Red Wings sure played like trash last night.

that's not true- sometimes you're outplayed and there are no opportunities. But seriously, you're trying to say the Sabres didn't play like trash in a home game where they only scored 1 goal. Stop and think about that one for a minute.

chernobylwraiths
05-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Haha, I know this girl. I will have to call her parents and congratulate them.

I'll be sure the relay the comments too!

chernobylwraiths
05-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Oh, and since Pittsburgh finished with the second best record in the Eastern Conference and are now in the Stanley Cup finals, the fact that they were and are a pretty good team might have something to do with us losing that game.

Naw, we suck.

Michael82
05-29-2008, 08:30 PM
If you guys were at the freaking game, you would know how bad the conditions were and how game cold it was. I was actually impressed with how both teams played and just thought that the Penguins were the better team. Seeing how they are in the Stanley Cup Finals, I guess I was right.

OpIv37
05-29-2008, 09:17 PM
you know, in the BZ when I complain about the Bills and predict them to lose games, everyone becomes a smart ass and says "yeah, you're right- why even play the game? Just hand the win to the other team because they're better."

yet, in here, them being a better team is somehow an excuse for losing. There's no excuse for losing, there's no excuse for giving up a goal 19 seconds into a game, there's no excuse for only scoring once, there's no excuse for having a bad power play and there's no excuse for this team's miserable shootout performance in that game and over the course of the season as a whole.

17 teams finished with better records than us- if we're just going to accept losses to teams just because they're better on paper, we'll be lucky to get 70 points next year.

BlackMetalNinja
05-30-2008, 06:02 AM
you know, in the BZ when I complain about the Bills and predict them to lose games, everyone becomes a smart ass and says "yeah, you're right- why even play the game? Just hand the win to the other team because they're better."

yet, in here, them being a better team is somehow an excuse for losing. There's no excuse for losing, there's no excuse for giving up a goal 19 seconds into a game, there's no excuse for only scoring once, there's no excuse for having a bad power play and there's no excuse for this team's miserable shootout performance in that game and over the course of the season as a whole.

17 teams finished with better records than us- if we're just going to accept losses to teams just because they're better on paper, we'll be lucky to get 70 points next year.

We'll be lucky to get 50, what with the fire sale and all.

RockStar36
05-30-2008, 06:51 AM
I am at a complete loss for words at this point

SabreEleven
05-30-2008, 07:49 AM
It doesn't matter if the Sabres are good or bad, all that matters is if Tommy G. turns a profit....Just turn a profit, baby.

THATHURMANATOR
05-30-2008, 09:43 AM

You are insane if you honestly think the Sabres will be lucky to get 70 points next year. :shakeno:

OpIv37
05-30-2008, 09:46 AM
You are insane if you honestly think the Sabres will be lucky to get 70 points next year. :shakeno:

that's not what I said.

Everyone is saying that it's ok we lost the game because Pittsburgh is a better team. Well, on paper, most of the teams we play are better than us, so if it's ok to lose to teams that are better in theory, then we'll be lucky to get 70 points. We can't just cede games to teams because someone determined that they're "better"- the Sabres still have to show up and play to win.

Philagape
05-30-2008, 10:18 AM
The goal is to be better than other teams.

As for the Winter Classic, the Sabres did what they did so often -- show up for one period.

THATHURMANATOR
05-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Without doing a thing the Sabres will be a fringe playoff team this season. If they make a couple moves(tough D man, capable backup goalie) I think they would be a sure fire playoff team.

They need to extend Miller and Pommer immediately.

I would love for them to finally cut ties with Max, and wouldn't mind getting rid of Kotalik and Connolly as well.(the latter 2 probably wont be moved though)