PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline Article on Trent

Romes
05-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Taking over as a No. 1 quarterback in your second NFL season can be overwhelming for any young passer. You have to win over the huddle. You have to win over the coaches. Then there are the fans, and we know they can be downright brutal.

We've seen many a quarterback wilt under the pressure, shuffling off to the land of the journeyman, the expectations crushing their psyche like a foot stomp of an empty beer can.

Trent Edwards doesn't seem to be one of those guys. Taking over as the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills last year, Edwards enters his second season eager to show that he belongs for the long term. He relishes his position.

"I like the challenge," Edwards said. "I'd rather it be me be in this position than any other guy in the locker room. It's why you play the position. I wouldn't say you enjoy the pressure, but you grow accustomed to it. Whether you're a 10-year veteran or a rookie, the players want to see you back up the talk, no matter how old you are."

The Bills are one of those "trendy" teams heading into the 2008 season. They made big strides last year, going 7-9 with a team hampered by injuries. With most of the injured players back, plus the addition of some key players in the draft, the Bills are a team on the rise.

Playing in a division with the New England Patriots, they probably can only wish for a division title. But if things work out, a wild-card spot isn't out of the possibility.

The Bills have a solid running game led by Marshawn Lynch, a pretty good offensive line, a top receiver in Lee Evans and a rookie receiver in James Hardy who will help take some coverage away from Evans.

On defense, there is a lot of young talent. The addition of defensive tackle Marcus Stroud and first-round cornerback Leodis McKelvin gives that side even more.

Dare we say it: The Bills in the playoffs?

That possibility rests on Edwards' right arm. The Bills are one of those "if" teams. If Edwards plays well, who knows what they can do? If he doesn't, the Bills will be doing the same post-Jim Kelly dance: looking again for that franchise passer.

continued...
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10846286

Enjoy!

and ~The Answer...please don't spill anything.

jamze132
05-30-2008, 02:37 AM
I would say that is a fair statement. Although I would have liked for him to mention our Pro Bowl LT which makes life easier for any QB.

shelby
05-30-2008, 04:22 AM
wait...Bills fans can be brutal?

jamze132
05-30-2008, 04:31 AM
It depends what one considers "brutal". If throwing beer on a guy wearing a Dolphins jersey is brutal, than screaming at the QB who just threw a pick for a TD is not.

I do have something against people throwing beer on other people though. Beer was meant to be consumed and not wasted.

Night Train
05-30-2008, 04:40 AM
Beer was meant to be consumed and not wasted.

Unless it's Bud. That's good for killing slugs in your garden and nothing else.

I saw Trent out recently. I'm 6-4 and looked up to him. Can't say what he used to look like but he's very put together. Strong.

The current Offense Turk is putting in has Edwards getting the ball out quickly, so the chances of injury are greatly reduced. The happy talk off-season articles are always nice. He doesn't seem the least bit shakey in the pocket when the pressure is on but lets keep him healthy.

Go Bills in 2008.

Mitchy moo
05-30-2008, 05:36 AM

~ ........???

jamze132
05-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Unless it's Bud. That's good for killing slugs in your garden and nothing else.

Go Bills in 2008.
I totally agree. I can't stand Bud.

The Answer
05-30-2008, 11:38 AM
continued...
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10846286

Enjoy!

and ~The Answer...please don't spill anything.

I already posted this yesterday.

~The Answer