PDA

View Full Version : Bills in TO Ticket update.

Patrick76777
05-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Has anybody heard how the sales are going?

I know that Argo and Bills fans could buy seats last week and the others selected could start on Wednesday. I figured that we'd hear that the seats sold out in the first few hours on Wednesday. But that didn't happen.

And now, 2 days after these "hot" tickets went on sale, I just went to the site with my password and was able to secure 8 seats in a great section for the 3 game pack. (I did not buy the seats).

So did the organizers perhaps over estimate the Toronto market?

I still think that the games will sell out, but I really expected that to happen in hours.

Maybe Toronto fans realize that instead of plunking down thousands of dollars for 8 games over the next 5 years, they could get 8 games in Buffalo, with great tailgating for just $400 and an hour and a half ride down the QEW.

Just a thought!

djjimkelly
05-30-2008, 07:49 AM
please patrick once these tickets goto general public it will be like wildfire.

one thing that people need stop assuming about us canadians is becuz we love NFL football that means we love CFL

there are many canadians like myself that absolutely mock the CHILDRENS FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

im a crazy nfl fan and have been to many bills games over the years and i dont go to ANY and i mean ANY cfl games.

CFL fans are a weird niche market even here in canada. these fans are the type of people that because its canadian they will support it.

once the tickets are released to the general public then the people like myself who could care less about the CFL will be allowed to buy tickets.

the tickets will be snapped up within minutes once this happens

Patrick76777
05-30-2008, 07:57 AM
please patrick once these tickets goto general public it will be like wildfire.

one thing that people need stop assuming about us canadians is becuz we love NFL football that means we love CFL

there are many canadians like myself that absolutely mock the CHILDRENS FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

im a crazy nfl fan and have been to many bills games over the years and i dont go to ANY and i mean ANY cfl games.

CFL fans are a weird niche market even here in canada. these fans are the type of people that because its canadian they will support it.

once the tickets are released to the general public then the people like myself who could care less about the CFL will be allowed to buy tickets.

the tickets will be snapped up within minutes once this happens

Did that come off as bashing Canadians?

That was not my intention.

My point is that 180,000 people applied to be part of the lottery to purchase tickets. On Wednesday a good chuck of those people were allowed to start making purchases and I just find it weird that 2 days later, we haven't heard anything.

And then my thought was that Canadian's should realize that instead of paying $200 a ticket ($600 for the 3 game pack if you're going by yourself), you could buy Bills Season tickets in Buffalo for $400 and go to 8 games this year.

A FAR better deal.

I don't think i'm too far off base here.

dannyek71
05-30-2008, 08:32 AM
I sure hope they start selling better. I've already spent ~ $2700 on tickets to the games up there which Im hoping to sell for a profit.

Harvey Johnson
05-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Did that come off as bashing Canadians?

That was not my intention.

My point is that 180,000 people applied to be part of the lottery to purchase tickets. On Wednesday a good chuck of those people were allowed to start making purchases and I just find it weird that 2 days later, we haven't heard anything.

And then my thought was that Canadian's should realize that instead of paying $200 a ticket ($600 for the 3 game pack if you're going by yourself), you could buy Bills Season tickets in Buffalo for $400 and go to 8 games this year.

A FAR better deal.

I don't think i'm too far off base here.
Especially with the Canadian dollar being so strong.

I agree Patrick.

hammerbillsfan
05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
I don't know how they are going but I got an e-mail today for tickets starting June 4th.

Michael82
05-30-2008, 01:51 PM
I don't know how they are going but I got an e-mail today for tickets starting June 4th.
yeah so did I. :rofl: Apparently they are letting everyone who put their name on the list have a chance.

raphael120
05-30-2008, 02:26 PM
I just got two emails for the two email accounts I have. unfortunately, unless you want to spend tons of money as a long term investment, you're SOL.

I wonder what the return on those tickets would be...guesses???

PromoTheRobot
05-30-2008, 11:13 PM
The seats under $100 seem to be all gone...and on sale now at 3x mark-up on StubHub. However there is a glut of big buck seats left. It's strange that so many people are getting the magic password e-mail from the Rogers Center. Something tells me most of those buying tickets are looking to resell them.

PTR

Michael82
05-31-2008, 12:46 AM
The seats under $100 seem to be all gone...and on sale now at 3x mark-up on StubHub. However there is a glut of big buck seats left. It's strange that so many people are getting the magic password e-mail from the Rogers Center. Something tells me most of those buying tickets are looking to resell them.

PTR
yeah it is strange. It seems that they are going thru the list from that BillsinToronto website eachday and giving the email to every person. I never would have guessed that after getting the chance to buy them thru my season tickets, i would get another chance to get them with the password. :doh:

Bill Brasky
05-31-2008, 09:16 AM
i signed up on billsintoronto.com and haven't heard **** since then.

Michael82
05-31-2008, 10:02 AM
i signed up on billsintoronto.com and haven't heard **** since then.
You'll get your email next week once no one buys them. :snicker:

lordofgun
05-31-2008, 04:15 PM
I got mine too!