PDA

View Full Version : Bills Simpson has spring in his step

The Answer
05-30-2008, 02:36 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/358444.html

Bills' Simpson has spring in his step

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->By Allen Wilson <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp -->- News Sports Reporter <!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 05/30/08 7:32 AM

Offseason practices in the spring might seem mundane for most football players, but Ko Simpson doesn’t see it that way.

After being away from football for more than eight months, the third-year free safety couldn’t be happier to be on the field no matter what time of the year it is.

“I told the coaches on the first day we started OTAs I feel like a kid on Christmas Day,” Simpson said after a workout inside Buffalo Bills Fieldhouse. “Being able to run around and be out here with the rest of the guys for the first time since last season feels great.”

Coming off a strong rookie season in which he started 15 games, Simpson was looking forward to an even better sophomore campaign. But very early in the opener against Denver, he suffered a broken left ankle and was placed on the season-ending injured reserve list.............

~The Answer

FlyingDutchman
05-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Ko is going to have a bigger impact than people are expecting. I love this kid.

cocamide
05-30-2008, 03:08 PM
I really hope we don't get the injury bug again this year. No team (especially us) can afford to have over a dozen guys on IR.

The Answer
05-30-2008, 03:09 PM

With all of these young studs and quality veterans we very well may be a top five defense in 2008.

If that's the case all we need to do is be average on offense and we'll be a very dangerous team.

~The Answer

OpIv37
05-30-2008, 07:38 PM

I think he has the physical tools but the mental part of his game was lacking. He was out of position a lot his rookie year. Hopefully he learned from it and learned a lot sitting on the sidelines last year- in his defense, it was only his rookie season and he's a lot further along than some other players *cough-Youboty-*cough.

yordad
05-30-2008, 09:46 PM
"Simpson and Donte Whitner formed the best young safety tandem in the NFL as rookies."

Gunzlingr
05-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh, I thought OJ was coming out of retirement. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/106-1152204449.gif

djjimkelly
05-31-2008, 04:36 AM
this guy is going to become the best defensive back on our team

YardRat
05-31-2008, 05:48 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how a healthy secondary can perform this year...could be the most solid and deep unit on the team.

PECKERWOOD
05-31-2008, 11:57 AM

I agree, he was laying down some deadly hits before he got injured.

jamze132
05-31-2008, 02:14 PM
Next to Poz, Simpson was the biggest loss last year and IMO, had a huge impact on our ability to get off the field on 3rd down.

When you gotta play guys like Leon Joe and Dustin Fox, you are destined to suck.

PECKERWOOD
05-31-2008, 02:26 PM
I think Poz is arguably one of the most overrated Bills players by fans behind Trent Edwards. I'm excited about Poz as well but who knows what we got in him yet?

Al the Bills Fan
05-31-2008, 03:30 PM
I think he has the physical tools but the mental part of his game was lacking. He was out of position a lot his rookie year. Hopefully he learned from it and learned a lot sitting on the sidelines last year- in his defense, it was only his rookie season and he's a lot further along than some other players *cough-Youboty-*cough.

I agree that the mental aspect of his game was lacking, the good thing is that watching film and listening to the coaches can help him in that regard. Physically, he has got it together. Hoping for a good year from him.

acehole
05-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Yes he has a spring in his step,....and a few screws...possibly a titanium split or two....let hope it doent all fall apart like Forest Gumps leg braces.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/358444.html

Bills' Simpson has spring in his step

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->By Allen Wilson <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp -->- News Sports Reporter <!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 05/30/08 7:32 AM

Offseason practices in the spring might seem mundane for most football players, but Ko Simpson doesn’t see it that way.

After being away from football for more than eight months, the third-year free safety couldn’t be happier to be on the field no matter what time of the year it is.

“I told the coaches on the first day we started OTAs I feel like a kid on Christmas Day,” Simpson said after a workout inside Buffalo Bills Fieldhouse. “Being able to run around and be out here with the rest of the guys for the first time since last season feels great.”

Coming off a strong rookie season in which he started 15 games, Simpson was looking forward to an even better sophomore campaign. But very early in the opener against Denver, he suffered a broken left ankle and was placed on the season-ending injured reserve list.............

~The Answer

LifetimeBillsFan
05-31-2008, 11:36 PM
I hope he can make it through the season with all of that hardware still in his leg. The fact that it is still swelling and hurts concerns me some at this point.

My concern is lessened somewhat by the fact that George Wilson proved to be a competent back-up and a good play-maker last season, but Simpson has a chance to be a really key player for the Bills this season if he is able to improve on the mental part of the game--he and Whitner have a chance to be a very good tandem in the middle of the defensive backfield if he has.