Got a magezine of the preview of the 2009 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Got a magezine of the preview of the 2009 season

On the best players of each position, Lynch isnt listed on RB at all. Theres like 5 catagories and no Lynch, same with Evans. Peters is the 3rd best LT, Butler is 10 on best RG, he is also listed as breakout RG and future star, him and dockery are rated as on of the underatted duo, Fowler is on underatted, no walker. No Schoebel, Stroud, or McCargo on DL. No Crowell at all on LBs. McKelvin isnt even listed as Rookie CB impact. Whitner isnt listed. Parrish is 6 on RS.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Got a magezine of the preview of the 2009 season

I would have stopped reading it.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

It might be worth noting that the Bills had their hightest ypc running between Butler and Walker. Only 5 RG/RT holes in the league had a higher ypc. It is estimated at 4.65 ypc. For comparison, the hole between Dockery and Peters was 3.9 ypc (good for 23rd).
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Not quite sure how you a got a preview of the 09' season. I'm guessing you meant 08'. And for the record, I would have put the mag down when it didn't list Lynch anywhere yet it had the audacity to say that Brad Butler is the 10th best RG.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I think they have undervalued and underrated some of our players, but I'm glad they recognized Butler.

Many people here don't seem to realize that he is good, and getting better. Just look at Lynch's YPC when going over the right side. If we had a better Center, Butler would probably be viewed a little more positively on this board.

Regardless, I think Butler will be All Pro in a couple of years.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

i like the fact that Lynch is underrated.

i can understand Evans not making the list, as he was a non-factor last season....hopefully that will change.

i hope the FO is smart enough to pay the # 3 LT.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I think a lot of our players are underrated simply because we haven't made the playoffs in eight years. We're not exactly the darlings of the media.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I think a lot of our players are underrated simply because we haven't made the playoffs in eight years. We're not exactly the darlings of the media.
                Well, of course I want some playoff action, but I believe media attention and accolades is what makes players want bigger contracts.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I don't vote Bills to the Pro Bowl for this simple reason. I like our team and players being underrated. To me that means more talent for less money. Hopefully we are stock piling the talent while we can, because I can't help but think the attention is coming.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

It would be helpful had you noted how many top players are listed at a given position. Is it the top five RBs, top ten?
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    It would be helpful had you noted how many top players are listed at a given position. Is it the top five RBs, top ten?

10 which makes it worse.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

It doesn't upset me terribly. Lynch was a rookie and pundits may be waiting to see if he develops. It would have been unthinkable not to have Adrian Peterson on the list since he came in second in the league in rushing yardage to LaDanian Tomlinson and did it only playing 14 games, starting 9. Lynch was 11th BTW, though he missed 3 games. I think Lynch is a top 10 back in the league, but it doesn't bother me in the least that the pundits at this particular mag didn't see it that way. I'll bet if he can stay healthy this season, he'll be on the list a year from now.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                        I would have stopped reading it.
                        kindling.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                          • Aug 2007

I think that after this season, people will start to give Lynch a bit of respect. Hoping he has a good year!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Why are we surpised Lynch is not top 10? One good year does not make you a top 10 back in the NFL. He does it again this year then there is no doubt, till then it can always be said by haters to be a one year wonder.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• feelthepain
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              I think they have undervalued and underrated some of our players, but I'm glad they recognized Butler.

Many people here don't seem to realize that he is good, and getting better. Just look at Lynch's YPC when going over the right side. If we had a better Center, Butler would probably be viewed a little more positively on this board.

Regardless, I think Butler will be All Pro in a couple of years.
                              Based on what?

Comment

Working...
                              X