Trent can throw the long ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Trent can throw the long ball

To all the bashers who say he cant throw the long ball listen up. The reason you think he cant is because he didnt do it often. Unlike JP, he tries to pick up the yards he can instead of throwing it up for grabs. He can throw 40-50 yard passes effortless as seen in the Redskins and Miami games. Here are some videos.

On this one you can see Trent throwing a 40 yard pass with ease. Its not like it was a floater either, it he got it there very quickly. Same with the 2nd one except that was a 70 yard pass and Lee got it in stride.

On this one you see he throws a 50 yard pass in between 2 defenders and its right on the money.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Even on this one with the INT it was a great 55 yard pass that couldve been caught if it were James Hardy and he would at least try.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Trent can throw the long ball

Originally posted by MLynch23
    To all the bashers who say he cant throw the long ball listen up. The reason you think he cant is because he didnt do it often. Unlike JP, he tries to pick up the yards he can instead of throwing it up for grabs. He can throw 40-50 yard passes effortless as seen in the Redskins and Miami games. Here are some videos.

On this one you can see Trent throwing a 40 yard pass with ease. Its not like it was a floater either, it he got it there very quickly. Same with the 2nd one except that was a 70 yard pass and Lee got it in stride.

By "a 40 yard pass with ease", are you referring to the play that started at the 28 and hit Royal at the 4? The one that went 24 yards for the LOS in the air?

And, by 70 yarder, you are referring to the play that started at the 30 and hit Lee at the 27. 43 yards from the LOS with the wind in his favor. I know the play went for 70. But if you are talking about arm strength, I don't think you should use how far Lee ran with it to support your claim.

On this one you see he throws a 50 yard pass in between 2 defenders and its right on the money.

The play started on the 29 and it hit Evans at the 33. That is 38 yards. How can you attibute Evan's bobbling it to Edwards' arm strength?

Even on this one with the INT it was a great 55 yard pass that couldve been caught if it were James Hardy and he would at least try.

You are using an under thrown, intercepted 38 yarder as evidence of arm strength?
    I am not saying the hailmary is the most important play in every game, but I am saying I am not completely convinced of this arm strength. For me it takes more then these three or four plays.

I've said it before, and I will say it again... I can throw it 45 yards. I want him to muscle out an arm throw with a guy around his ankles. I want to see him launch a 50 yarder while taking a shot. I want to see a totally aired out play action bomb. I want to have a QB that can make all the throws.

Am I saying he can't? No. I am saying I want to see it.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
      I am not saying the hailmary is the most important play in every game, but I am saying I am not completely convinced of this arm strength. For me it takes more then these three or four plays.

I've said it before, and I will say it again... I can throw it 45 yards. I want him to muscle out an arm throw with a guy around his ankles. I want to see him launch a 50 yarder while taking a shot. I want to see a totally aired out play action bomb. I want to have a QB that can make all the throws.

You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Mitchell55
        • Feb 2008

Thank you for disagreeing in the nicest way possible.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Thank you for disagreeing in the nicest way possible.
          Thank you for accepting it as one man's opinion. I enjoyed your post. It is a slow board right now, and this was thought provoking.

You have my
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mitchell55
            • Feb 2008

Thank you for accepting it as one man's opinion. I enjoyed your post. It is a slow board right now, and this was thought provoking.

You have my

Well if your bored just respond to my other post of Best players this year.

Comment

• Mitchell55
              • Feb 2008

On the Lee vs Ravens, the pass started at the 20 not the 29, so thats more like a 47 yard pass. Also on the INT, I was trying to say that Lee couldve at least tried for the pass and couldve caught it if he did. Also the throw started at the 47 and ended up in the endzone so thats a good 50 yard pass. But like I sayed, I understand everything you said.

Comment

• DrastiK
                • Nov 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kuW2...eature=related
                I remember that one pissed me off so bad when i seen Lee not even go for it at all. I think that was Trent's first game, and Lee was sort of pissed that JP wasn't in. He didn't even try for it at all.

made by me

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                  • Jul 2002

Isn't that the play where Lee said the sun was in his eyes?
                  You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Mitchell55
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                    Isn't that the play where Lee said the sun was in his eyes?

It might of been. If you look at it again, he isnt even looking at the ball it seems.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

On the Lee vs Ravens, the pass started at the 20 not the 29, so thats more like a 47 yard pass. Also on the INT, I was trying to say that Lee couldve at least tried for the pass and couldve caught it if he did. Also the throw started at the 47 and ended up in the endzone so thats a good 50 yard pass. But like I sayed, I understand everything you said.
                      When people refer to a pass being 50 yards, they usually mean from the LOS. Not always, but usually.

Not to make this a thread something it wasn't (a TE Vs JP thread), but I want to give a video example of what I am saying.....
                      The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Watch the first play in this highlight. The Jets call an unorthodox defense. Presnap they have like 7 defenders just wondering around near the line of scrimmage with none in a three point stance. When the ball is snapped, they all came, TE is hurried, he makes a poor decision, a weak throw and the ball is intercepted.

You don't see it on the video, but on JP's first series he throws a beautiful pass against the same called defense while under similar duress. It was the pass that went 42 yards in the air from the LOS and hit Parrish dead in the chest at the 1. He dropped it, but that doesn't change the pass (in fact, if anyone can find a copy of this play on line I would love to have another look).

The other one, from the 15 to the 44 (41 yards in the air from the LOS) was into 16-28 mph winds. You know, the season's biggest highlight that keeps people knocking on JP for throwing a TD.

Now, I am not saying it took only this one game, or these two plays to convince me JP had some serious arm strength. I am just using examples of how TE could improve, or at least prove. I mean, the same distance you are using to illustrate TEs arm strength when he had the wind, was the same distance JP threw it into strong winds.

And again, I don't want to start a JP vs TE thing, but arm strength is relative. I mean, every NFL QB has some arm strength. Some just have more. And, this is Buffalo, where we are known to have a wind gust or two from time to time.
                      Last edited by yordad; 05-31-2008, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Every QB in the NFL can throw the ball 50+ yards; thus distance is not an accurate measurement of a QB's arm strength.

A good measurement is the velocity on the ball between 15-20 yards if you are trying to determine how good ones "arm strength" is. Based on that Edwards leaves a lot to be desired in that department, but that's not always a bad thing.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

I think his arm is strong enough to be an NFL QB and be successful.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Joe Montana's arm was strong enough. I think Trent's is, too.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                              • Jul 2002

I hope our division foes share the belief that is arm is not strong enough, and defend us in a manner that challenges it.
                              But, I don't think they are that silly. At least not for long.

Comment

Working...
                              X