I see where the Bills could win the AFC East.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I see where the Bills could win the AFC East.

The Pats have the worst of both worlds coming into this season. They are an undefeated team so every team is going to still want to beat them. But they have the hangover and enormous let down of losing the SB. In other words teams are going to be up for a team that might not be up to play them.

The Bills need players like Trent, Lynch, Poz and Stroud to deliver this year. If this happens I can see us winning the division out right.

Yes, alot of things have to come together. I think Fred Jackson, Mitchell, Hardy, Simpson and others have a say in this as well.

There is no reason to believe that we can't sweep the fins and split with the Jets and Pats. 4-6 in our own division and 6-7 wins with every one else.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: I see where the Bills could win the AFC East.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    The Pats have the worst of both worlds coming into this season. They are an undefeated team so every team is going to still want to beat them. But they have the hangover and enormous let down of losing the SB. In other words teams are going to be up for a team that might not be up to play them.

The Bills need players like Trent, Lynch, Poz and Stroud to deliver this year. If this happens I can see us winning the division out right.

Yes, alot of things have to come together. I think Fred Jackson, Mitchell, Hardy, Simpson and others have a say in this as well.

There is no reason to believe that we can't sweep the fins and split with the Jets and Pats. 4-6 in our own division and 6-7 wins with every one else.

with any good luck...all the stakeholders are just waiting until there is a week left in training camp to lower the boom on the cheaters. Hit them while it hurts and don't give them time to prepare to recover.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
      with any good luck...all the stakeholders are just waiting until there is a week left in training camp to lower the boom on the cheaters. Hit them while it hurts and don't give them time to prepare to recover.
      The Pats can't repeat last year's performance. I just see this as a year where they fall down. A fall for them might be 10-6.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

we're much better off if they are decimated instead of just tripping over a branch.

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla *****
          • Jul 2002

i would love to see that happen......the Cheatriots have some karma headed their way....but for me, anything better than 7-9 is a big improvement for the Bills, and if we could get a wildcard playoff spot, i would be very pleased.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

HH,with all due respect , not trying to smack or hijack your thread , But isn't this a huge contrast to what you felt weeks ago when you stated if we're serious about playoffs we needed to draft a DE and bring in wr vets?

Winning the division is a huge step forward of making wild card which you questioned in the past. You went from sky is falling to borderline homeristic
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

winning the division might just be our way into the playoffs...and the way to do it is to beat the Pats at least once.

Comment

• Bone
                Bone
                • Oct 2006

If our starters and new players play as hard as they can like the back ups did last year and with a very much improved defense there should be no excuse for us not making the playoffs or having our playoff hopes come down to the last game of the year.
                BILLIEVE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  HH,with all due respect , not trying to smack or hijack your thread , But isn't this a huge contrast to what you felt weeks ago when you stated if we're serious about playoffs we needed to draft a DE and bring in wr vets?

Winning the division is a huge step forward of making wild card which you questioned in the past. You went from sky is falling to borderline homeristic

It's hard to respond to this when you constantly are taking things out of context.

The DE argument was almost 8 weeks ago and was specific to grabbing a top DE if he was availble when we picked. We know what happened at #8 so why do you keep bringing it up other than to argue for the sake of arguing.

The thread says it's possible if the Pats take a dump.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

As somebody that is as optimistic as anybody here, even I think a division title is highly unlikely.

There is too much of a talent and experience gap between Buffalo and New England for this to happen. I would love it and the home playoff game(s) that would come with it though.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                      winning the division might just be our way into the playoffs...and the way to do it is to beat the Pats at least once.
                      Yeah, there's a slim chance of us making the playoffs if we can win the division...

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Wasn't it you that told me most Bill fans have a realistic view of their team? Now you're making a claim for the AFC East title? This is what you call realistic?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

I wish I was this ignorant, the Bills are NOT going to win the AFC East.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                            Wasn't it you that told me most Bill fans have a realistic view of their team? Now you're making a claim for the AFC East title? This is what you call realistic?
                            I said things have to fall into place, players have to step up, and I'm assuming a drop off from the Pats.

I didn't guarantee anything. I see 9 wins right now. However, 2 more wins is possible.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                              The thread says "could" not "will".

Comment

Working...
                              X