• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schobel94
    The Sack Master
    • Jan 2003

Seriously I want those DVD's

If anyone has any info on how I may obtain Bills games on DVD, I'd appreciate them telling me. I dont want to do anything illegal but I want to see my Bills. Thanks.
    Beware the sack master!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Your not Typical Bill so you don't count. Your just Schobel94. I made a thread last night even before I checked out typical bills' thread and I was shot down by Northern Bills fan telling me to wait in line and compare how many games I have seen compared to typical bill and blah blah. I am glad people are doing something for typical bill but I can't ask for something too. He needs to chill out. Go Bills!

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Relax, guys.... geesh people get greedy.

How's this- I bought a DVD recorder for christmas-

The only Bills stuff I have on DVD are the Miami snow game, the comeback, and the NFL Films 90 minute special on the comeback. I dug them out of the closet recently and watched them on my plane trip to and from Chicago this week.

I plan on DVD-ing all the games this upcoming season, (Even the ones I'll be at)

PM me if I can help you out.

Comment

• The Natrix
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
        Relax, guys.... geesh people get greedy.

who is being greedy?

They want recorded bills games, not new cars. RECORDED BILLS GAMES.

Byrd.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

It takes some money, and most imprtantly, a lot of TIME to make these things-

Even when people are willing to cough up $$$ I made a dozen copies of the super bowl for freinds, and it took me a week and close to $60 to make/ship them, not to mention it takes 4 hours to make just one.

Like I said, I'll help a brotha out- PM me. Just be patient.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            It takes some money, and most imprtantly, a lot of TIME to make these things-
            True dat...

Comment

• Billz_fan
              • Jan 2003

Recording these games onto DVD is not a small undertaking. We all know a decent DVD burner is between 200-300 bucks. The DVD's themselves are not cheap either they run 4-5 dollars per disc.

The burners for PC only write at 2X/4X depending on what you buy which means it's slow, takes 3-4 hrs [corrected time]or so for each one disc not to mention multiple copies.

So in sumation, estimated cost for 16 Bills games on DVD for 1 person.

The discs = $80 [high side figure]
              Time to burn them 64 hrs for all 16 games give or take 2 hours.
              shipping costs depends on location.

and of course the cost of the DVD burner itself.
              Last edited by Billz_fan; 04-18-2003, 07:57 PM.
              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Brian H
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Nov 2002

And don't ever listen to what NBF says he's been on the ice too long.....
                ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

And Billz, you are referring to the cheaper, PC based burners.

Mine is a DVD stand alone recorder, basically a VCR that burns DVD's instead of tape. The cool thing is that it's simple- you turn to the channel you want and just hit the record button.

The big problem with reproduction is that it takes as long as the game is long to burn- 3 plus hours for each.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

The discs are $5 each if you buy them at the store. Online you can get them as cheap as $1.50 each if you buy in bulk of 50-100. That does not include the cost of the jewel case or mailing them.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

Yeah DD on the PC burners, there are some cheapos now for 179. I saw the other day. I wouldn't buy a cheapo

Didn't realize the DVD disc could be had for that much on line

Litterally though you will have to turn your machine into an assembly line production running day and night

Maybe you could hook up a foot pedal type device so when the disc is finished and pops out you hit the pedal and an arm removes the disc and puts a blank in the tray
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Schobel94
                        The Sack Master
                        • Jan 2003

Yeah, well, if anyone has some extra time, I would compensate them (generously) for their effort and expenses. Thanks.
                        Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

PM Me

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                            Yeah DD on the PC burners, there are some cheapos now for 179. I saw the other day. I wouldn't buy a cheapo

Didn't realize the DVD disc could be had for that much on line

Litterally though you will have to turn your machine into an assembly line production running day and night

Maybe you could hook up a foot pedal type device so when the disc is finished and pops out you hit the pedal and an arm removes the disc and puts a blank in the tray

Got $3200?- you can buy thispuppy

Bilz- Don't know if you use DVD +R's or DVD-R's (or =/-RW's) but this is one of many links. Here are Riteks that I've had some luck with.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

No need to shy away from the cheaper PC based DVD recorders Billz.. The ones in that price range are generally the last generation Pioneer's (A04), which is a GREAT unit.. A lot of times they're rebadged with another brand name - mine was sold as a Cendyne, but in reality is the Pioneer I mentioned - I picked it up in November for ~$150.

Cheapo blanks on the other hand, you need to be careful with - the Riteks Dozer mentioned are THE ones (or at least the brand) you should look for.

Comment

Working...
                              X