View Full Version : Omon had better be the man

Confused
06-01-2008, 06:44 PM
If this Lynch problem goes south on us, Omon had better be the TD machine he was in D2. We're gonna need every bit of it.
I am soooooo nervous that the axeman goodell is gonna come down on Lynch HARD. This has the potential to be real *****ty.

patmoran2006
06-01-2008, 07:00 PM
AFter giving the standard "lets see the facts come out" speech.

If by some chance lynch was driving.... Goodell's suspension will be harsher than Lynch's criminal penalty.

GOD I hope it wasnt him.. he became my fav Bill in just one season.

Confused
06-01-2008, 07:02 PM
its all "ifs" at this point. I know. This has the POTENTIAL to suck mucho anus.

TacklingDummy
06-01-2008, 07:09 PM
its all "ifs" at this point. I know. This has the POTENTIAL to suck mucho anus.

How many times has your car left the scene of an accident?

If it wasn't Lycnh driving then he better start picking his friends better.

YardRat
06-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Omon has to make the team first.

Confused
06-01-2008, 07:23 PM
His odds just got alot better.

VeggieMan14
06-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Omon dis ees not good :roflmao: :brace:

Confused
06-01-2008, 08:31 PM
lol veggie. omon i may have to run dee ball now....

VeggieMan14
06-01-2008, 09:04 PM
lol veggie. omon i may have to run dee ball now.... haha :respect:

mysticsoto
06-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Omon better be the man? Why? It makes more sense to say Fred Jackson better be the man - and personally, I feel he is. Jackson surprised many last year despite my telling them that he was looking fantastic in TC and that we should keep an eye out for him. I hope Omon (or Wright) do step it up, but at this point, it is more important that Fred Jackson continue playing at the level that he did last year. With more swing out passes to the RBs, he could definitely excel and put up some great numbers alongside Lynch!

THATHURMANATOR
06-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Omon better be the man? Why? It makes more sense to say Fred Jackson better be the man - and personally, I feel he is. Jackson surprised many last year despite my telling them that he was looking fantastic in TC and that we should keep an eye out for him. I hope Omon (or Wright) do step it up, but at this point, it is more important that Fred Jackson continue playing at the level that he did last year. With more swing out passes to the RBs, he could definitely excel and put up some great numbers alongside Lynch!
Seriously!!!

WTF is with people?

justasportsfan
06-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Jackson hasn't proven he can carry the load unlike Hilary and Lewinsky

mysticsoto
06-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Jackson hasn't proven he can carry the load unlike Hilary and Lewinsky

Neither have the majority of 2nd string RBs in the NFL...what's your point?

justasportsfan
06-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Neither have the majority of 2nd string RBs in the NFL...what's your point?
my point is that our no.2 rb is yet to be determined. I wouldn't count Wright out either since he almost has the same type running game as Lynch (bulls) where as Jackson is a different type of runner. All he's shown to be is a better Shaud Williams or different pace rb.

mysticsoto
06-02-2008, 12:29 PM
my point is that our no.2 rb is yet to be determined. I wouldn't count Wright out either since he almost has the same type running game as Lynch (bulls) where as Jackson is a different type of runner. All he's shown to be is a better Shaud Williams or different pace rb.

I don't see why Jackson should not be #2...Has their been a change mentioned anywhere to indicate this? Wright or Omon would have to elevate their game tremendously to beat out what he established last season. I find that highly unlikely, but if you have links that point out that this might happen, I'll be glad to visit them. On the other hand if this is just wild speculation from you...

justasportsfan
06-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't see why Jackson should not be #2...Has their been a change mentioned anywhere to indicate this? Wright or Omon would have to elevate their game tremendously to beat out what he established last season. I find that highly unlikely, but if you have links that point out that this might happen, I'll be glad to visit them. On the other hand if this is just wild speculation from you...
I'm not saying he shouldn't be. Just that he hasn't proven to be able to hack carrying the load.

Wright who runs like Lynch out there was behind Marshawn. Again, JAckson played a Shaud Williams type of role and is a totally different type of rb. Whether he can take a pounding down after down remains to be seen.

mysticsoto
06-02-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm not saying he shouldn't be. Just that he hasn't proven to be able to hack carrying the load.

Wright who runs like Lynch out there was behind Marshawn. Again, JAckson played a Shaud Williams type of role and is a totally different type of rb. Whether he can take a pounding down after down remains to be seen.

Jackson did not play a Shaud Williams type of role. He was definitely more involved and alot more than just a change of pace 3rd rd back. Neither Wright nor Omon have proven they can carry a load anymore than Jackson has. Jackson handled the #2 duties last year and acquitted himself just fine in that role. In the game against Miami last year, both he and Lynch were > 100 yds. We haven't had that in over a decade!!! Shaud never had more than 300 TOTAL yds in a season. Jackson broke that just in rushing yards last season and was well over with receiving yds. If Wright or Omon want it, they will need to step it up quite a bit!!! As of now, the position is and should be Jacksons'...

justasportsfan
06-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Jackson did not play a Shaud Williams type of role. He was definitely more involved and alot more than just a change of pace 3rd rd back. Neither Wright nor Omon have proven they can carry a load anymore than Jackson has. Jackson handled the #2 duties last year and acquitted himself just fine in that role. In the game against Miami last year, both he and Lynch were > 100 yds. We haven't had that in over a decade!!! Shaud never had more than 300 TOTAL yds in a season. Jackson broke that just in rushing yards last season and was well over with receiving yds. If Wright or Omon want it, they will need to step it up quite a bit!!! As of now, the position is and should be Jacksons'...
I would rather wait for them to battel it at camp[ rather than hand it to anyone. Again, there is nothing that proves any other rb than Lynch can carry the load on every down.

mysticsoto
06-02-2008, 01:33 PM
I would rather wait for them to battel it at camp[ rather than hand it to anyone. Again, there is nothing that proves any other rb than Lynch can carry the load on every down.

Fine. But what I've seen from Jackson leads me to believe that he is an outstanding backup and if our Oline can get it together to better run block, I don't think it is out of the question that we could have two 1000 yard rushers on our team!!! That's how highly I think of Jackson...

justasportsfan
06-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Fine. But what I've seen from Jackson leads me to believe that he is an outstanding backup and if our Oline can get it together to better run block, I don't think it is out of the question that we could have two 1000 yard rushers on our team!!! That's how highly I think of Jackson...
fair enough. He's definitely impressive off the bench.

mysticsoto
06-02-2008, 02:20 PM
I think the Omon vs Wright will be an interesting battle, however. Wright should have the inside track given his experience on the team, knowing the calls, etc. However, how he comes into TC will show how determined he really is. Has he improved in his blocking skills? That's probably the #1 thing he should have been working on. It's hard to gauge 3rd rd backs of similar calibre and it just might come down to how well each blocks for who gets the job.

The other thing Wright has in his favor is that if the FO is unsure of which one is better, they can keep Wright and put Omon in the PS. Yeah, somebody could steal him from us, but at this point, it is better than just letting him go outright and either way, I think it will be unlikely that we keep both (though that is still possible if either can block well enough to move to FB).

ParanoidAndroid
06-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Omon has way more upside than Wright. Wright was liked for his maturity and smarts. He didn't show much in the way of playmaking albeit with relatively few opportunities, so the competition is wide open. We may only carry 3 RB's this year plus one or two FB's if we are going with a true FB position.

gr8slayer
06-02-2008, 04:15 PM
First of all we're jumping the gun here a bit, secondly I'm confident that Jackson could take over as our 20-25 carry a game back if he was presented with the opportunity. It's unlikely that he would be as effective as Lynch would be but Lynch is also an elite talent....... but then again you never know.