Dylan Hunter
Felix Schultz
Marek Zagrapan

Right Wing:
Mark Mancari

Who am I missing?

Dr. Lecter
06-02-2008, 09:10 AM
McArthur won't be there, as he can't be sent down w/o clearing waivers. He will be in Buffalo or traded (I would trade him as an add in on a deal to improve the defense).

Sekera will be in Buffalo next year too.

Look for Portland to sign 3 or so AHL veterans (Denis Hamel types) who will not be Sabres property to fill out the roster. That is one thing Rochester would not do and is one of the reasons the Sabres split them with Florida.

DraftBoy
06-02-2008, 09:14 AM
McArthur won't be there, as he can't be sent down w/o clearing waivers. He will be in Buffalo or traded (I would trade him as an add in on a deal to improve the defense).

Sekera will be in Buffalo next year too.

Look for Portland to sign 3 or so AHL veterans (Denis Hamel types) who will not be Sabres property to fill out the roster. That is one thing Rochester would not do and is one of the reasons the Sabres split them with Florida.

Thanks! Updated to reflect what Doc said about players being in BUF over POR

Dr. Lecter
06-02-2008, 09:22 AM
I would also speculate that Weber will here too. He played to well late last year. I think Buffalo's defense will look something like this:

Tallinder/Lydman
Spacek/?
Weber/Sekera

I doubt Kalinin is re-signed. Pratt is a maybe. I could see Teppo back, if he comes back for less than 2 million. Paestch is here, but has to return to rookie year form.

I would also see a trade of Lydman or Spacek for another D-man. That is where the idea of packaging McArthur could help out.

DraftBoy
06-02-2008, 09:45 AM
I would also speculate that Weber will here too. He played to well late last year. I think Buffalo's defense will look something like this:

Tallinder/Lydman
Spacek/?
Weber/Sekera

I doubt Kalinin is re-signed. Pratt is a maybe. I could see Teppo back, if he comes back for less than 2 million. Paestch is here, but has to return to rookie year form.

I would also see a trade of Lydman or Spacek for another D-man. That is where the idea of packaging McArthur could help out.

Is the rule still that you must be 20 to play in the AHL?

RockStar36
06-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Is the rule still that you must be 20 to play in the AHL?

I don't know for sure, but I don't think that is a rule considering 18 year old kids play in the NHL.

Dr. Lecter
06-02-2008, 10:52 AM
No, it is a rule. If you sign a 18 or 19 year old he can play in the NHL, but not the AHL.

The Sabres could still sign Persson to play defense too.

RockStar36
06-02-2008, 11:03 AM
That is the dumbest rule I've ever heard of.

DraftBoy
06-02-2008, 11:09 AM
I only know it because I use to play Eastside Hockey Manager and you couldn't send kids younger than 20 down to the AHL because they were still junior eligible.

I only asked because with the draft being soon we could draft a kid or two and put him in the A.

Will Ryan be in Buffalo next season or will he be a Pirate?

Dr. Lecter
06-02-2008, 11:20 AM
That is the dumbest rule I've ever heard of.

It has to do with the players development and keeping the Junior leagues and colleges strong.

In short, they are preventing the NHL teams from grabbing a guy while still quite young and stashing him in the minors and paying him a small amount.

RockStar36
06-02-2008, 11:21 AM
It has to do with the players development and keeping the Junior leagues and colleges strong.

In short, they are preventing the NHL teams from grabbing a guy while still quite young and stashing him in the minors and paying him a small amount.

Ah, I suppose that makes sense then.

SabreEleven
06-02-2008, 03:51 PM
How ironic that the Sabres farm team is the Pirates when the Sabres themselves are becoming the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NHL..