• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bills Just Got Mad Props On ESPN Radio

From ESPN's "The Herd" Radio program this morning.

* Donte Whitner was just interviewed. Colin Cowherd called the Bills the most underrated team in the entire NFL and said they will be in the playoffs this year. (He also called the Browns the most overated team)

* Whitner basically talked about all the injuries last year and how they hung tough. How guys are going into their second and third years and getting better. Talked about with Stroud, Johnson and Mitchell they're ready to make a playoff push.

( in fact, they spent more time talking about Cleveland than the Bills, LOL. Donte is a Buffalo Bill not a Brown, right??)

*Talked about his time as OSU and coach Tressell. He called him tough but one of the best coaches he's ever played with.. Talked about him being tough academically. Talked about it being a huge privelege to wear a single digit number at OSU (he wore #9)

* Promoted a Charity Bowling tournament in Cleveland he's hosting. It's for cancer, whom his grandmother died from (classy guy he sounds).

That was it. Spent 90% of the interview talking about the Browns and Buckeyes. Said the standard stuff about Buffalo in first part of the interview. So nothing good here.

BUT.. what is really cool.. Is that Colin Cowherd is a HUGE Bills fan. He said at the top of the interview that outside the Patriots, the Bills get the most out of their talent than any team in the entire NFL. And again, called them the most underated team in the league, and said that Buffalo will be a playoff team this year.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills Just Got Mad Props On ESPN Radio

I dont think Cleveland is all that overrated to be honest...
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• R. Rich
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      They beefed up their front seven @ the expense of their secondary (traded away Bodden; lost Holly for the season to injury). Considering how AFC teams are throwing the ball more, especially Cincy and Pittsburgh who they have to face twice, they'd better do something FAST to upgrade their secondary or else they'll be a huge disappointment to their fans this year.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
        They beefed up their front seven @ the expense of their secondary (traded away Bodden; lost Holly for the season to injury). Considering how AFC teams are throwing the ball more, especially Cincy and Pittsburgh who they have to face twice, they'd better do something FAST to upgrade their secondary or else they'll be a huge disappointment to their fans this year.
        I like Eric Wright a lot as a starting CB for them, but the other side is a huge question mark. Jones and Pool in the deep field should be good for them too. They better hope their new front seven can really pressure the QB.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I've always thought Cowherd was kind of a jerk, but I like him a little now.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Answer
            The Plagiarist
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Actually they are.

They have one of the toughest schedules on paper in 2008 - have to play the nfc east, afc south, and two other tough afc road games (@ Buf and @ Jax).

Defensively they should be a little better, but Stallworth was an overrated signing. Also Derek Anderson is one of the most overrated players in the league.

Sorry but I don't see a playoff birth for this team in 2008. Expect Quinn to be starting by December.

~The Answer

Comment

• feelthepain
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              From ESPN's "The Herd" Radio program this morning.

* Donte Whitner was just interviewed. Colin Cowherd called the Bills the most underrated team in the entire NFL and said they will be in the playoffs this year. (He also called the Browns the most overated team)

* Whitner basically talked about all the injuries last year and how they hung tough. How guys are going into their second and third years and getting better. Talked about with Stroud, Johnson and Mitchell they're ready to make a playoff push.

( in fact, they spent more time talking about Cleveland than the Bills, LOL. Donte is a Buffalo Bill not a Brown, right??)

*Talked about his time as OSU and coach Tressell. He called him tough but one of the best coaches he's ever played with.. Talked about him being tough academically. Talked about it being a huge privelege to wear a single digit number at OSU (he wore #9)

* Promoted a Charity Bowling tournament in Cleveland he's hosting. It's for cancer, whom his grandmother died from (classy guy he sounds).

That was it. Spent 90% of the interview talking about the Browns and Buckeyes. Said the standard stuff about Buffalo in first part of the interview. So nothing good here.

BUT.. what is really cool.. Is that Colin Cowherd is a HUGE Bills fan. He said at the top of the interview that outside the Patriots, the Bills get the most out of their talent than any team in the entire NFL. And again, called them the most underated team in the league, and said that Buffalo will be a playoff team this year.
              Oh, he's a huge Bill fan....well that explains a lot.

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
                Oh, he's a huge Bill fan....well that explains a lot.
                He's actually not though. If you've listened to him the last few years you'd know that he takes every chance he can to crap on Buffalo. I'm not sure where Pat got that he's a HUGE Bills fan. He's not at all as far as I know. I think maybe he means for this season...as in he thinks the Bills will do well.

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The Answer
                  Expect Quinn to be starting by December.

~The Answer
                  I'm hoping he's starting earlier than that. Maybe a couple weeks earlier.

Comment

• ronholm78
                    • Mar 2006

I hope that Quinn is starting by Nov. 17th
                    From Grand Forks to Buffalo.....Bills #78 Lives forever!!!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                      Next Question!
                      • Nov 2004

Why is it a huge privelege to wear a single digit number at Ohio State?

Jon

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BAM
                        He's actually not though. If you've listened to him the last few years you'd know that he takes every chance he can to crap on Buffalo. I'm not sure where Pat got that he's a HUGE Bills fan. He's not at all as far as I know. I think maybe he means for this season...as in he thinks the Bills will do well.
                        I think Pat meant it as he's a huge fan of what the Bills are doing right now.

Comment

• imbondz
                          Democrats are people too
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BAM
                          or the fact that he was talking to Whitner.

I'm a huge Cowherd fan though, he is hilarious.
                          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by imbondz
                            or the fact that he was talking to Whitner.

I'm a huge Cowherd fan though, he is hilarious.
                            I don't mind him myself!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by R. Rich

but i thought that everyone has to copy what the giants did by pressuring the QB, thats the ONLY way to win, the only way?!??!

/sarcasm

Comment

Working...
                              X