PDA

View Full Version : Bills Just Got Mad Props On ESPN Radio

patmoran2006
06-02-2008, 10:51 AM
From ESPN's "The Herd" Radio program this morning.

* Donte Whitner was just interviewed. Colin Cowherd called the Bills the most underrated team in the entire NFL and said they will be in the playoffs this year. (He also called the Browns the most overated team)

* Whitner basically talked about all the injuries last year and how they hung tough. How guys are going into their second and third years and getting better. Talked about with Stroud, Johnson and Mitchell they're ready to make a playoff push.

( in fact, they spent more time talking about Cleveland than the Bills, LOL. Donte is a Buffalo Bill not a Brown, right??)

*Talked about his time as OSU and coach Tressell. He called him tough but one of the best coaches he's ever played with.. Talked about him being tough academically. Talked about it being a huge privelege to wear a single digit number at OSU (he wore #9)

* Promoted a Charity Bowling tournament in Cleveland he's hosting. It's for cancer, whom his grandmother died from (classy guy he sounds).

That was it. Spent 90% of the interview talking about the Browns and Buckeyes. Said the standard stuff about Buffalo in first part of the interview. So nothing good here.

BUT.. what is really cool.. Is that Colin Cowherd is a HUGE Bills fan. He said at the top of the interview that outside the Patriots, the Bills get the most out of their talent than any team in the entire NFL. And again, called them the most underated team in the league, and said that Buffalo will be a playoff team this year.

DraftBoy
06-02-2008, 10:53 AM
I dont think Cleveland is all that overrated to be honest...

R. Rich
06-02-2008, 10:57 AM

They beefed up their front seven @ the expense of their secondary (traded away Bodden; lost Holly for the season to injury). Considering how AFC teams are throwing the ball more, especially Cincy and Pittsburgh who they have to face twice, they'd better do something FAST to upgrade their secondary or else they'll be a huge disappointment to their fans this year.

DraftBoy
06-02-2008, 11:00 AM
They beefed up their front seven @ the expense of their secondary (traded away Bodden; lost Holly for the season to injury). Considering how AFC teams are throwing the ball more, especially Cincy and Pittsburgh who they have to face twice, they'd better do something FAST to upgrade their secondary or else they'll be a huge disappointment to their fans this year.

I like Eric Wright a lot as a starting CB for them, but the other side is a huge question mark. Jones and Pool in the deep field should be good for them too. They better hope their new front seven can really pressure the QB.

Jan Reimers
06-02-2008, 11:17 AM
I've always thought Cowherd was kind of a jerk, but I like him a little now.

The Answer
06-02-2008, 11:24 AM

Actually they are.

They have one of the toughest schedules on paper in 2008 - have to play the nfc east, afc south, and two other tough afc road games (@ Buf and @ Jax).

Defensively they should be a little better, but Stallworth was an overrated signing. Also Derek Anderson is one of the most overrated players in the league.

Sorry but I don't see a playoff birth for this team in 2008. Expect Quinn to be starting by December.

~The Answer

feelthepain
06-02-2008, 11:25 AM
From ESPN's "The Herd" Radio program this morning.

* Donte Whitner was just interviewed. Colin Cowherd called the Bills the most underrated team in the entire NFL and said they will be in the playoffs this year. (He also called the Browns the most overated team)

* Whitner basically talked about all the injuries last year and how they hung tough. How guys are going into their second and third years and getting better. Talked about with Stroud, Johnson and Mitchell they're ready to make a playoff push.

( in fact, they spent more time talking about Cleveland than the Bills, LOL. Donte is a Buffalo Bill not a Brown, right??)

*Talked about his time as OSU and coach Tressell. He called him tough but one of the best coaches he's ever played with.. Talked about him being tough academically. Talked about it being a huge privelege to wear a single digit number at OSU (he wore #9)

* Promoted a Charity Bowling tournament in Cleveland he's hosting. It's for cancer, whom his grandmother died from (classy guy he sounds).

That was it. Spent 90% of the interview talking about the Browns and Buckeyes. Said the standard stuff about Buffalo in first part of the interview. So nothing good here.

BUT.. what is really cool.. Is that Colin Cowherd is a HUGE Bills fan. He said at the top of the interview that outside the Patriots, the Bills get the most out of their talent than any team in the entire NFL. And again, called them the most underated team in the league, and said that Buffalo will be a playoff team this year.

Oh, he's a huge Bill fan....well that explains a lot.

BAM
06-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Oh, he's a huge Bill fan....well that explains a lot.
He's actually not though. If you've listened to him the last few years you'd know that he takes every chance he can to crap on Buffalo. I'm not sure where Pat got that he's a HUGE Bills fan. He's not at all as far as I know. I think maybe he means for this season...as in he thinks the Bills will do well.

R. Rich
06-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Expect Quinn to be starting by December.

~The Answer

I'm hoping he's starting earlier than that. Maybe a couple weeks earlier.

ronholm78
06-02-2008, 12:01 PM
I hope that Quinn is starting by Nov. 17th

Mudflap1
06-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Why is it a huge privelege to wear a single digit number at Ohio State?

Jon

madness
06-02-2008, 12:18 PM
He's actually not though. If you've listened to him the last few years you'd know that he takes every chance he can to crap on Buffalo. I'm not sure where Pat got that he's a HUGE Bills fan. He's not at all as far as I know. I think maybe he means for this season...as in he thinks the Bills will do well.

I think Pat meant it as he's a huge fan of what the Bills are doing right now.

imbondz
06-02-2008, 12:24 PM

or the fact that he was talking to Whitner.

I'm a huge Cowherd fan though, he is hilarious.

BAM
06-02-2008, 02:27 PM
or the fact that he was talking to Whitner.

I'm a huge Cowherd fan though, he is hilarious.

I don't mind him myself!

Pinkerton Security
06-02-2008, 02:58 PM

but i thought that everyone has to copy what the giants did by pressuring the QB, thats the ONLY way to win, the only way?!??!:shocked:

/sarcasm

Carlton Bailey
06-02-2008, 03:07 PM
All this praise from a guy who called the Bills the most boring team in the NFL last September and berated/mocked them on air. Very surprising 180.

R. Rich
06-02-2008, 03:51 PM
but i thought that everyone has to copy what the giants did by pressuring the QB, thats the ONLY way to win, the only way?!??!:shocked:

/sarcasm

They beefed up their run defense this offseason, as that was perhaps the worst part of their defense (and that's saying something). They did not add much to their pass rush, which right now consists of Kamerion Wimbley and........

gr8slayer
06-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I think they are; Anderson had a good season last year but still has just as much to prove as any QB in the league. It's not unheard of for a guy to have a break out year, whats rare is for a guy to break out and be able to continue with his progression. So as of right now they have a question mark at the most important position on the field.

Add to that the fact that their secondary might be one of the worst in the league, they have a guy at TE who's already talking new contract, and their lack of depth across the board when it comes to specialty players on offense and their a couple of injuries away from being back in the tank talent wise.