PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Can't forget about Crowell

The Answer
06-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Agreed - he may not be a superstar, but Crowell is a true homegrown Bill like The Digi and we need to keep him here.

http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/bills/11405

Buffalo can’t forget about Crowell

Thursday, May 29, 2008 | Posted by Connor Byrne

Lost amid all the springtime talk about the contractual situations of Buffalo Bills offensive tackle Jason Peters and wide receiver Lee Evans is the fact that starting strongside linebacker Angelo Crowell only has one year left on his own deal.

While Crowell isn't a Pro Bowl-caliber O-line bookend like Peters -- who has three years remaining on his contract but held out of organized team activities because of a low salary -- or a gamebreaking force like Evans -- also a free agent-to-be next winter -- the bottom line is that the 26-year-old is an important piece of Buffalo's defense.

Although underappreciated around the National Football League, anyone who's watched Crowell on a regular basis since he entered the pros knows how dependable he usually is. Last season, playing behind an ineffective defensive line and alongside a pair of fill-in LBs fit for reserve roles, the 2003 third-round pick amassed 126 tackles, four passes defensed, two sacks, an interception and a forced fumble................

~The Answer

Al the Bills Fan
06-02-2008, 09:27 PM
We certainly need to make sure that he doesn't go anywhere. One of the bright spots on this team. While he may never make a Pro Bowl, he is invaluable to our defense.

OpIv37
06-02-2008, 11:33 PM
seriously, I don't understand your obsession with DiGiorgio. For the way we obtained him, he's been a pleasant surprise, but in the grand scheme of things, he's mediocre at best.

Marvelous
06-03-2008, 02:21 AM
Is "The Digi" DeGeorgio? If so, AWESOME. :lol:
---Crowell is quietly becoming a star & i could see him slipping into the Probowl. He owulda gone last year or the year before(minus injury) had he had some suppoerting cast last season..There's no doubt our D is shaping up to be elite..
Looking at it right now via memory i see only 1 questionmark and that's FS. whooptie-do. FS is the TE of defense. helps to have a good one, but you can still win without one.. I was surprised the Bills didn't go after Gabriel or someone in free agency..WOuld/could Proloeiu been a upgrade over the car jumping rookie or Ko Simpson? Simpson showed some signs but not only is he still green, he's now recovering off a nagging type injury..Shame too....
--So yeah i see Crowell being the leader of our LB core...What's even more awesome is that we we're patient w/ him & went through the whole process.Special teams, then depth, then to starter.woot...Crowell,Poz + new FA from Giants...wow! Looking good, looking good. Plus we added Stroud & Spencer and add another year of exp for our boys No neck Williams & McCargo.. McCargo being the make & /or breaker..If he turns into a monster this season like we hpe than we are freakin stacked & set..NO NE after their bye this year & no signal jacking = no excuses. If we can split w/ them then i could see it...

-1995- The last year we won the east.. :wtf: how freakin embarassing dude.

kernowboy
06-03-2008, 05:19 AM
seriously, I don't understand your obsession with DiGiorgio. For the way we obtained him, he's been a pleasant surprise, but in the grand scheme of things, he's mediocre at best.

Could be homo-erotic?