PDA

View Full Version : Bills Comment On Alleged Incident With Lynch's Car

justasportsfan
06-02-2008, 03:37 PM
The Buffalo Bills issued a comment Monday afternoon on the investigation currently being conducted by Buffalo Police into an alleged hit-and-run accident involving a car registered to running back Marshawn Lynch.

"At this point in time, we want to let the process play out before we make any comments relative to the situation as we don't know all the facts," said Bills Vice President of Communications Scott Berchtold. "The investigation is ongoing by the Buffalo Police Department and all comments relative to Marshawn are being handled by his attorney, Michael Caffrey. Anything beyond that is speculation and we will refrain from that."

Lynch's vehicle was allegedly involved in a hit-and-run accident early Saturday morning and allegedly struck a female pedestrian at West Chippewa Street and Delaware Avenue. The alleged victim has since been treated and released from Buffalo General Hospital.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6120

:yawn:

shelby
06-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Ah....the art of saying nothing.

Thanks for the update justa.

bumblin
06-02-2008, 03:57 PM
so there comment was no comment

SeatownBillsFan21
06-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Is no news good news in this case??

acehole
06-02-2008, 04:50 PM

Please refrian from personal attacks....

Justa says plenty,,,

Ed
06-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Is no news good news in this case??
Well no news still means no bad news...yet. So there's still some thin straws to grasp.

yordad
06-02-2008, 05:16 PM
I would be surprised if charges were files against Lynch. If they had him, he would have likely been arrested already. He and his "out of town lawyer" have probably come up with a 100% air tight story by now. One that finishes with him saying, "So you see your honor, I couldn't possibly know who was driving that car."

And then there is obviously the possibility he really wasn't driving.

Mitchy moo
06-02-2008, 05:22 PM

I like how you put that, the art of saying nothing. :respect:

raphael120
06-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Well if Lynch wasn't in the car, it would explain why whoever was driving wouldn't want to get caught because he doesn't own the car he committed the act in and/or was driving drunk. BUT...maybe it was Lynch and MAYBE he didn't want to get busted because he was driving drunk. Now it remains to be seen if he did it, and if he did do it, will someone take the fall for him, like one of his buddies in the car?

methos4ever
06-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Until we find out if he was in the car, the best news involving this situation is:

http://www.wivb.com/global/story.asp?s=8407580

"According to the district attorney's office, the hit and run is a Class "A" misdemeanor."

So no more chicken little posts about Lynch going to the Pen....

yordad
06-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Well if Lynch wasn't in the car, it would explain why whoever was driving wouldn't want to get caught because he doesn't own the car he committed the act in and/or was driving drunk. BUT...maybe it was Lynch and MAYBE he didn't want to get busted because he was driving drunk. Now it remains to be seen if he did it, and if he did do it, will someone take the fall for him, like one of his buddies in the car?Heck, I should give him my number. I can be bought!! Ahem, I mean.... I'll take one for the team!!

coastal
06-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Translation: We should have drafted Leon Hall

DrGraves
06-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Lynch is definitely guilty... you don't need to wait around for a lawyer to say no i was not in the car.

NoVabillsfan89
06-02-2008, 06:37 PM
I count 4 forms of the word "alleged" used in a 5 sentence press release. Can't imagine why they would release a statement like that if they knew he wasn't involved.

Anything other than an immediate denial is pretty fishy.

Still, I'm thankful the woman wasn't hurt and hopefully, this is something that just fades away.

yordad
06-02-2008, 10:20 PM
I count 4 forms of the word "alleged" used in a 5 sentence press release. Can't imagine why they would release a statement like that if they knew he wasn't involved.

Anything other than an immediate denial is pretty fishy.

Still, I'm thankful the woman wasn't hurt and hopefully, this is something that just fades away.
Pretty logical first post man. Welcome aboard.

Strange text though.

yordad
06-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Lynch is definitely guilty... you don't need to wait around for a lawyer to say no i was not in the car.Honestly, I would. I am suspicious of the police. Seriously. And, I think I have good reason. If I was a millionaire, no way am I walking in there without a lawyer.

And, I know for a fact he is from a more "hood" area then me. You would be amazed how differently that entity can be viewed by different subcultures.

That said, I think he probably did it.

Turf
06-02-2008, 10:30 PM
They're just trying to figure out a way to wiggle out of it and save face. Obviously if he was not directly involved it would not have reached this point.

ublinkwescore
06-03-2008, 12:54 AM
I stole his car, and I was trying to run over a cow.

kernowboy
06-03-2008, 05:17 AM
Bottom line is:

Irrespective of whether the victim was seriously injured or not, the driver of the vehicle, fled the scene after injuring a pedestrian.

If she was drunk and had wandered into the road then it is 50/50 blame but I have not heard of that.

However driving off without stopping to help an injured person is cowardly and says more about the individual concerned than any subsequent action.