PDA

View Full Version : Goodell grants limited reinstatement to Pacman Jones

Bone
06-02-2008, 04:25 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d808a0643&template=with-video&confirm=true

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Adam "Pacman" Jones on Monday that, effective immediately, he may participate in organized team activities with the Dallas Cowboys (http://www.nfl.com/teams/dallascowboys/profile?team=DAL), including training camp and preseason games.

Mitchy moo
06-02-2008, 04:34 PM
If they are letting this animal play, ML should be just fine.

OpIv37
06-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Goodell is destroying what Rozelle and Tagliabue spent almost 50 years building.

SeatownBillsFan21
06-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Goodell is destroying what Rozelle and Tagliabue spent almost 50 years building.
why do you say that people can change and they do.

DraftBoy
06-02-2008, 04:40 PM

How do you figure? He had the guy sit out a year for what?

OpIv37
06-02-2008, 04:41 PM
why do you say that people can change and they do.

and exactly how many chances do you give the guy to change? This guy has a rap sheet that makes Sug Knight seem like a choir boy. He's had multiple chances and he blows it every time. He's a POS who will never clean up I can't wait until this blows up in Goodell's and Jerry Jones' faces.

gr8slayer
06-02-2008, 05:46 PM
:bf1:

DraftBoy
06-02-2008, 05:49 PM
and exactly how many chances do you give the guy to change? This guy has a rap sheet that makes Sug Knight seem like a choir boy. He's had multiple chances and he blows it every time. He's a POS who will never clean up I can't wait until this blows up in Goodell's and Jerry Jones' faces.

Ill wait for you to list his rap sheet with all his convictions, feel free...

OpIv37
06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Ill wait for you to list his rap sheet with all his convictions, feel free...

please tell me you're not standing up for this guy. He's a straight up dirtbag and he's always getting in trouble.

DraftBoy
06-02-2008, 06:56 PM
please tell me you're not standing up for this guy. He's a straight up dirtbag and he's always getting in trouble.

Im just saying what has he been guilty of so far? Are we not all innocent until proven guilty?

I also want to know based on the fact that Adam Jones has been guilty of no crime, on what grounds was he suspended, and how is Goodell in reinstating him ruining what Rozelle and Tags built?

I think those are very fair questions to ask given your statements and what the actual facts are here.

My personal opinion of the man has no bearing on what you're saying.

YardRat
06-02-2008, 07:01 PM
He'll do something stupid or even illegal again, be banned for a year again, and the league will be better off.

Or...

He'll straighten his ass out, walk a tight line, and become a decent citizen and he'll be better off.

Cntrygal
06-02-2008, 08:15 PM
:down:

OpIv37
06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Im just saying what has he been guilty of so far? Are we not all innocent until proven guilty?

I also want to know based on the fact that Adam Jones has been guilty of no crime, on what grounds was he suspended, and how is Goodell in reinstating him ruining what Rozelle and Tags built?

I think those are very fair questions to ask given your statements and what the actual facts are here.

My personal opinion of the man has no bearing on what you're saying.

just because he hasn't been convicted in a court of law doesn't mean he's innocent. If you honestly believe that trouble just follows this guy around and it has NOTHING to do with him, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to sell you.

How is he ruining what Tags and Rozelle built? He gets so worked up over what guys like Pacman do, then can't even stick to his own guns when the **** really hits the fan. Funny how he ends Pacman's suspension now that Pacman is in Dallas- gotta pay for that billion dollar stadium somehow. He's wasting his time with a "fan conduct policy" meanwhile he barely slaps Bellicheck's wrist for cheating. His punishments have more to do with what's going to save face for the league than actually punishing the worst offenses.

The average fan is being forced out of the NFL in favor of corporate fans- they're pushing out the real fans who built the league in favor of yuppies with deep pockets so they can have billion dollar stadiums with warm, cozy seats. Snyder, Jones and Kraft are letting the almighty dollar determine the direction of the league and he's doing nothing to stop it.

yordad
06-03-2008, 12:10 AM
I think when he didn't report to the league the fact he was being charged with crimes, that is when he broke the rule. The rule against not reporting it.

Is it fair, IMO? Sure. This isn't a court of law. This is my opinion. I think even though he hasn't been convicted of anything, that doesn't convince me he isn't guilty of alot. I mean, that much bad luck doesn't happen to one single person for no reason.

He deserved what he got. He was giving the league bad press. And, I think he learned a lot.

Michael82
06-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Sorry but if he wasn't on the Cowboys now, Pacman would still be suspended. What a load of ****! :ill: :mad:

DraftBoy
06-03-2008, 06:12 AM
just because he hasn't been convicted in a court of law doesn't mean he's innocent. If you honestly believe that trouble just follows this guy around and it has NOTHING to do with him, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to sell you.

How is he ruining what Tags and Rozelle built? He gets so worked up over what guys like Pacman do, then can't even stick to his own guns when the **** really hits the fan. Funny how he ends Pacman's suspension now that Pacman is in Dallas- gotta pay for that billion dollar stadium somehow. He's wasting his time with a "fan conduct policy" meanwhile he barely slaps Bellicheck's wrist for cheating. His punishments have more to do with what's going to save face for the league than actually punishing the worst offenses.

The average fan is being forced out of the NFL in favor of corporate fans- they're pushing out the real fans who built the league in favor of yuppies with deep pockets so they can have billion dollar stadiums with warm, cozy seats. Snyder, Jones and Kraft are letting the almighty dollar determine the direction of the league and he's doing nothing to stop it.

Ahh I see so now we are basing citizen's punishment on the basis of the court of public opinion and not the court of law. Come on Op you know better than that. Are you telling me that you are really willing to just do away with "Innocent until proven guilty". If you dont like a guy fair enough, but Goodell does not have any grounds by which to have him remain suspended. He has been convicted of no crime, should he be (and he probably will) then he gets another year or two suspension.

How did he not stick to his guns with Pacman?? He was suspended and committed no real crime! Tell me if you were a suspect of a crime you would expect work to probably suspend you pending the investigation, if said investigation resulted in no charges being filed would you not expect to be let back to work immediately?

The fan conduct policy while likely a waste of time is at least a good idea. How that pushes corporate fans in and "real" fans out is beyond me. Im sorry you can't sling down that case of beer anymore before a game maybe one or two less and you'll actually remeber the fourth quarter until of this foggy haze that you were left in. No, Op thats not directed at you but rather the drunken slobs at every game in every stadium, who dont know what self control is and who act like they are still 21.

If you really think he slapped Belicheck on the wrist giving him the stiffest punishment the NFL has ever given a team monatarily and having to forfeit a 1st Round pick, your just being blindly bias. New England payed dearly for their indescretion, just because people want a lifetime ban or him to be shot in order for the punishment to be fair doesn't mean you have to buy into Op (I think your bridge analogy fits well here).

Oh waa waa waa waa, the average fan is being pushed out. What a crock that is. Is it more expensive? Yes, but are average fans unable to purchase tickets? No.

DraftBoy
06-03-2008, 06:12 AM
Sorry but if he wasn't on the Cowboys now, Pacman would still be suspended. What a load of ****! :ill: :mad:

Sorry but if he was on any team other than the Cowboys, Patriots, Dolphins, or Jets and got his suspension lifted you wouldn't give a ****. But because its one of those "vaunted" teams you'll pitch a fit about it.

YardRat
06-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Ahh I see so now we are basing citizen's punishment on the basis of the court of public opinion and not the court of law. Come on Op you know better than that. Are you telling me that you are really willing to just do away with "Innocent until proven guilty". If you dont like a guy fair enough, but Goodell does not have any grounds by which to have him remain suspended. He has been convicted of no crime, should he be (and he probably will) then he gets another year or two suspension.

How did he not stick to his guns with Pacman?? He was suspended and committed no real crime! Tell me if you were a suspect of a crime you would expect work to probably suspend you pending the investigation, if said investigation resulted in no charges being filed would you not expect to be let back to work immediately?

The fan conduct policy while likely a waste of time is at least a good idea. How that pushes corporate fans in and "real" fans out is beyond me. Im sorry you can't sling down that case of beer anymore before a game maybe one or two less and you'll actually remeber the fourth quarter until of this foggy haze that you were left in. No, Op thats not directed at you but rather the drunken slobs at every game in every stadium, who dont know what self control is and who act like they are still 21.

If you really think he slapped Belicheck on the wrist giving him the stiffest punishment the NFL has ever given a team monatarily and having to forfeit a 1st Round pick, your just being blindly bias. New England payed dearly for their indescretion, just because people want a lifetime ban or him to be shot in order for the punishment to be fair doesn't mean you have to buy into Op (I think your bridge analogy fits well here).

Oh waa waa waa waa, the average fan is being pushed out. What a crock that is. Is it more expensive? Yes, but are average fans unable to purchase tickets? No.

You seem to be missing an important point. League policy takes precedence over the general legal system.

Players who have been suspended for substances did nothing 'illegal', and BB did nothing 'illegal', as far as the courts are concerned. But they broke the league rules and thus are subject to punishment.

There's a difference.

DraftBoy
06-03-2008, 07:37 AM
You seem to be missing an important point. League policy takes precedence over the general legal system.

Players who have been suspended for substances did nothing 'illegal', and BB did nothing 'illegal', as far as the courts are concerned. But they broke the league rules and thus are subject to punishment.

There's a difference.

What substance did Adam Jones take? What cheating did Adam Jones partake in? What league rule did he break?

Im not missing the general point, Im asking on what grounds he was suspended, since it was due to the new player conduct policy, what conduct did Adam Jones do that was a suspendable offense, unless you think the NFL should outlaw attending strip clubs.

OpIv37
06-03-2008, 08:22 AM

innocent until proven guilty? Sorry but the NFL is not a court of law and there are many rules that apply to the NFL and every other company in America that wouldn't hold up in a court of law. Organizations can set their own rules- they don't have to run their company the way the government runs the constitution.

You misinterpreted what I said- the issue with the fan conduct policy and the forcing out of the average fans are two separate issues. The fan conduct policy assumes someone other than the fans can control their behavior, and they can't. Stadiums already have conduct policies and there are legal ramifications for fans who get too rowdy. You make it sound like fans just act like *******s all the time and it goes completely unpunished. Football games are a wild environment- that's how it's always been- and the fan conduct policy is a knee-jerk reaction to, well, nothing.

As far as forcing out average fans, the game is just getting too expensive and Goodell is encouraging it rather than trying to mitigate it.

Funny- you said yourself Pacman's never been convicted of anything, yet he got a one year suspension for OFF THE FIELD actions. That's far stiffer than the penalty Bellicheck got for cheating ON THE FIELD and hurting the integrity of the game. And NE didn't even lose their best pick in the draft- they still got a top 10 pick. Some punishment.

As far as fans not being able to afford the games, it may not be true in Buffalo but it's true in the rest of the NFL and it's getting worse. Dallas fans will have to shell out a $50,000 seat license fee just for the right to buy tickets for $300+ a game. In DC, the average fans already can't afford to go. Even Bills tickets in Toronto are $200 a game. If you can't see the trend, I don't know what to tell you. It's there and it's incredibly obvious.

gr8slayer
06-03-2008, 01:05 PM
innocent until proven guilty? Sorry but the NFL is not a court of law and there are many rules that apply to the NFL and every other company in America that wouldn't hold up in a court of law. Organizations can set their own rules- they don't have to run their company the way the government runs the constitution.

You misinterpreted what I said- the issue with the fan conduct policy and the forcing out of the average fans are two separate issues. The fan conduct policy assumes someone other than the fans can control their behavior, and they can't. Stadiums already have conduct policies and there are legal ramifications for fans who get too rowdy. You make it sound like fans just act like *******s all the time and it goes completely unpunished. Football games are a wild environment- that's how it's always been- and the fan conduct policy is a knee-jerk reaction to, well, nothing.

As far as forcing out average fans, the game is just getting too expensive and Goodell is encouraging it rather than trying to mitigate it.

Funny- you said yourself Pacman's never been convicted of anything, yet he got a one year suspension for OFF THE FIELD actions. That's far stiffer than the penalty Bellicheck got for cheating ON THE FIELD and hurting the integrity of the game. And NE didn't even lose their best pick in the draft- they still got a top 10 pick. Some punishment.

As far as fans not being able to afford the games, it may not be true in Buffalo but it's true in the rest of the NFL and it's getting worse. Dallas fans will have to shell out a $50,000 seat license fee just for the right to buy tickets for $300+ a game. In DC, the average fans already can't afford to go. Even Bills tickets in Toronto are $200 a game. If you can't see the trend, I don't know what to tell you. It's there and it's incredibly obvious.
And we're gladly paying it, almost all those seats are already gone :up: