Should these guys be out on the town at 3:30 on a Friday night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Should these guys be out on the town at 3:30 on a Friday night!

On GR last night, Schopp, The Bulldog and Sully were saying that these guys shouldn't be out on the town at 3:30 on a Friday.

But I couldn't disagree more. We were all 22 at one point in time. And If I was 22 with that money, I'd be out on my days off. Can't blame the guy for being out.

Sully in fact said that nothing good can happen at 3:30 AM on a Friday. But I can think of something very good that can happen to a young, rich, football player at that time. LYNCH SCORES!

I think we're expecting too much from these guys. What do we expect? Bible reading?

The best team we ever had PARTIED HARD!

Thoughts?
    Resign our own guys!
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Should these guys be out on the town at 3:30 on a Friday night!

There is a difference between being out and being smart. These guys have the financial capabilities to get a limo and have a professional drive them. Taking unnecessary risks with your own health or the health of others around you is just not smart thinking. Having big money and being 22 is cool but find a better way party hard. Personally I think that the Bills should have a limo service on call and if someone makes a error one phone and 30 minutes fixes it.

In the Bills glory days, Bruce had a propensity to drink and drive. He was busted several times but the league didn't have conduct policy like they do now. These guys are risking $300 K a game in checks times 4 games or more, that's a million dollars. I personally feel that the players could have a blast and spend a grand or two max. If they cause a problem, it really hurts the team for he loss of their services and puts a black eye on the community. We just don't need that on this side of lake Erie.

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
      There is a difference between being out and being smart. These guys have the financial capabilities to get a limo and have a professional drive them. Taking unnecessary risks with your own health or the health of others around you is just not smart thinking. Having big money and being 22 is cool but find a better way to do that. Personally I think that the Bills should have a limo service on call and if someone makes a error one phone and 30 minutes fixes it.

Great point! My wife works with a girl who's engaged to a Sabre. And I guess they have someone like that and he just calls to the arena and requests a limo and they make the arrangements.
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
        There is a difference between being out and being smart. These guys have the financial capabilities to get a limo and have a professional drive them. Taking unnecessary risks with your own health or the health of others around you is just not smart thinking. Having big money and being 22 is cool but find a better way to do that. Personally I think that the Bills should have a limo service on call and if someone makes a error one phone and 30 minutes fixes it.
        That's exactly right, Skoobs. Young guys are going to party, and there's not a thing wrong with it - as long as they don't get hurt, get in trouble, or affect their performance on the field.

This whole mess - if Marshawn was indeed behind the wheel - could have been avoided with a limo ride, a call to a taxi, or a designated driver.

Partying is fine, but all of us - paricularly those in the limelight who often are pretty big targets - really need to do it responsibly.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

If a shmo like me who isn't packing large amounts of cash can be in the right mind to call and pay for a cab when I'm drunk, then so can he.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Patrick76777
            Great point! My wife works with a girl who's engaged to a Sabre. And I guess they have someone like that and he just calls to the arena and requests a limo and they make the arrangements.
            Smart thinking man, will probably end up very successful.

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

They should be allowed to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect their performance.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

On GR last night, Schopp, The Bulldog and Sully were saying that these guys shouldn't be out on the town at 3:30 on a Friday.

But I couldn't disagree more. We were all 22 at one point in time. And If I was 22 with that money, I'd be out on my days off. Can't blame the guy for being out.

Sully in fact said that nothing good can happen at 3:30 AM on a Friday. But I can think of something very good that can happen to a young, rich, football player at that time. LYNCH SCORES!

I think we're expecting too much from these guys. What do we expect? Bible reading?

Thoughts?
                would you quit partying for a million bucks a year? I would or at least the party would start and end at my place.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                  • Jan 2004

what else would you expect coming from "ultimate douchebag central on wgr"? mike schoop is the biggest media loser in this entire town. he's worse than jerry sullivan. they need to go hold hands and ***** about the sunset not being pretty enough.

do people forget that these players are people as well? are they supossed to cave up for the entire offseason and never leave the house? how come nobody's finding anything wrong with a female, all alone, wandering delaware and chip at 330 on a friday morning? get bent.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    would you quit partying for a million bucks a year? I would or at least the party would start and end at my place.

If that's what I'm being paid for, sure. That's not what Lynch is being paid for.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                      • May 2003

Yeah, but at 3:30 you should be hitting on girls and not hitting them.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

schoop is a ***** moron

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Thoughts?
                          Amen

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

If that's what I'm being paid for, sure. That's not what Lynch is being paid for.

but you know it'll affect your professional job which is exactly whats happening right now.

Your job is mostly based on your ability to perform physically, stay at home. Buy a couple of poles . I see it in famous peoples cribs all the time with neon lights on tv. Get a pool table ,etc.etc.

You're a public figure with lots of money. You have a bullseye on your forehead when in public especially a public place with intoxicated people around you.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              but you know it'll affect your professional job which is exactly whats happening right now.

Your job is mostly based on your ability to perform physically, stay at home. Buy a couple of poles . I see it in famous peoples cribs all the time with neon lights on tv. Get a pool table ,etc.etc.

You're a public figure with lots of money. You have a bullseye on your forehead when in public especially a public place with intoxicated people around you.
                              Anyone of us going out on a Friday night and performing a hit and run could affect our careers.

Comment

Working...
                              X