PDA

View Full Version : Bills’ McCargo should be even better in ‘08

Patrick76777
06-03-2008, 10:58 AM
What a difference a year made for the Buffalo Bills' John McCargo.

In June of 2007, Bills fans were simply hoping the 307-pound nose tackle would be healthy enough to stay on the field during his sophomore NFL campaign. As a rookie two years ago, the '06 first-round pick from North Carolina State appeared in just five games for the Bills, missing the final 11 because of a broken left foot. Coincidentally, he broke the same foot in college, which led many to think he'd spent more time in the pros on injured reserve than the field. In addition, a vast amount of Buffalo loyalists were skeptical of McCargo's ability. When former Bills general manager Marv Levy drafted McCargo 26th overall, the pick was viewed as a reach. McCargo's critics said he was a product of superb teammates, namely fellow '06 draftees Mario Williams (a defensive end who went No. 1 overall to Houston) and Manny Lawson (a 49ers linebacker who was the 22nd pick).

Even though McCargo battled harsh obstacles in the first year-plus of his NFL career, he went a long way toward silencing his doubters last season.

http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/bills/11455

Jan Reimers
06-03-2008, 11:23 AM
I think the foot injury was a much bigger factor in McCargo's initial lack of success than many people thought. He really came on last season, and I think now that he's healthy, has a little experience, and has better talent around him, that he'll have a big year.

gr8slayer
06-03-2008, 11:30 AM
McCargo is poised to make some noise this season, last year was the first time he actually looked like a first round pick.

Hopefully Stroud can teach him a thing or two and put him over the top.

justasportsfan
06-03-2008, 11:55 AM
He's gonna steal the beast mode while Lynch is in jail.

Al the Bills Fan
06-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Break out season for McCargo!

The Answer
06-03-2008, 12:23 PM
All of a sudden we might be a loaded at the DT position.

What a difference a year makes.....

~The Answer

Patrick76777
06-03-2008, 12:31 PM
All of a sudden we might be a loaded at the DT position.

What a difference a year makes.....

~The Answer

And I think it's going to make the ends better, and together they'll make the LB's better (they already have a ton of talent) and the front 7 will make the secondary better (and there's talent there with 2 first round draft picks).

I really like this defense in 2008.

Al the Bills Fan
06-03-2008, 12:43 PM
And I think it's going to make the ends better, and together they'll make the LB's better (they already have a ton of talent) and the front 7 will make the secondary better (and there's talent there with 2 first round draft picks).

I really like this defense in 2008.

Good DT's makes the entire defense better! Our D-line has the potential to be very good this upcoming season. Can't wait for Camp to open!!!