PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Bills presence at Argos training camp

Patrick76777
06-03-2008, 11:02 AM
They were hard to miss during the first official day of Argos training camp. A father and son decked out in white T-shirts with a Buffalo Bills logo crossed out.

The message Bryan and Sterling Halliday wanted to send: Keep the National Football League team out of Canada and specifically Toronto.

“We’re big Canadian Football League fans who love the Argos and hate the NFL,” said Sterling, 19, who is about to start at Sheridan College in the marketing program.

The father-son tandem were selling the shirts and trying to spread the message that fans need to band together if the seemingly inevitable march of the Bills northward is to be stopped.

Sterling said the CFL deserved more respect and recognition.

“Under Canadian rules in a CFL stadium a CFL team would beat a NFL team no problem,” he said.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/postedsports/archive/2008/06/03/argos-notebook-anti-bills-presence-at-training-camp.aspx

Good, we don't want them up there either!

The Spaz
06-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Keep up the good work work you two....lol

Jan Reimers
06-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Let's hope the Hallidays never go to a Bills game up there. They'll probably change their minds.

BAM
06-03-2008, 11:07 AM
“Under Canadian rules in a CFL stadium a CFL team would beat a NFL team no problem,” he said.

Doubtful. These guys must have watched The Replacements a few too many times.

ddaryl
06-03-2008, 11:10 AM
there is no stopping the NFL..

and who in their right mind would prefer the CFL... I can't stomach the way they play football..

L-A-M-E

The Spaz
06-03-2008, 11:10 AM
I mean aren't they helping the Bills stay in Buffalo? I appreciate them helping us out.

gr8slayer
06-03-2008, 11:31 AM
There's an anti-Toronto presence in Buffalo too....

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2008, 11:39 AM
He can't be serious.

Doug Flutie is in their Hall of Fame for Christ's sake.

losman420
06-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Doubtful. These guys must have watched The Replacements a few too many times.I guess they dont realize that its the NFL rejects that go to the CFL not the other way around. Though on occasion we do snag a quality player from there.

Bill Brasky
06-03-2008, 11:52 AM
I guess they dont realize that its the NFL rejects that go to the CFL not the other way around. Though on occasion we do snag a quality player from there.

yeah. like ricky williams.

Michael82
06-03-2008, 12:22 PM
This is good to hear, it means that the Toronto people, especially CFL fans will put up a big fight if Toronto tries to buy the team and steal them.

Historian
06-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Sort of reminds me of when they had 32 people show up at a rally in Houston to save the Oilers...

:ill:

BlackMetalNinja
06-03-2008, 12:30 PM
This is good to hear, it means that the Toronto people, especially CFL fans will put up a big fight if Toronto tries to buy the team and steal them.

Or it means that those two people and perhaps a handful of others will. Do you really think the majority of Toronto people would rather support a CFL team as opposed to an NFL team?

Patrick76777
06-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Or it means that those two people and perhaps a handful of others will. Do you really think the majority of Toronto people would rather support a CFL team as opposed to an NFL team?

That's the down part. It's no doubt the minority, but let's hope it's larger then we think.

Still tickets available.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-03-2008, 12:37 PM
What in the world, why didn't the other two Argos fans join them in their protest?

THATHURMANATOR
06-03-2008, 05:48 PM

This quote makes me laugh. Sure it is completely possible that under these circumstances a CFL team could win but Canadians act like it is a forgone conclusion. Don't they realize the players on their teams are Mostly American Players who couldn't cut it?

THATHURMANATOR
06-03-2008, 05:49 PM
That's the down part. It's no doubt the minority, but let's hope it's larger then we think.

Still tickets available.
Patrick honestly I think the only chance the Bills can stay in Buffalo is if this Toronto thing is a success. We need the monetary influx and possible Corporate presence from Toronto Businesses.

SABuffalo786
06-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Hopefully there are thousands and thousands of other like minded Argos fans.

Go home Buffalo! :D

Stewie
06-03-2008, 06:49 PM

and they will matter about as much as the million people in WNY who will "fight" against the bills leaving.

Coach Sal
06-03-2008, 08:40 PM

:rofl:

There's a reason guys play in the CFL when they CAN'T make it in the NFL.

Homerism can make people become REALLY stupid sometimes.