PDA

View Full Version : Lynch and the Bills to address media at 1pm

ghz in pittsburgh
06-03-2008, 11:13 AM
So Lynch at practice and they are going to address the issue at 1. Good Omen or bad?

M
06-03-2008, 11:14 AM
:scared: But I do believe it's a good sign that he is at OTAs.

The Spaz
06-03-2008, 11:15 AM
:pray:

BAM
06-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Where'd you hear/see this?

Jan Reimers
06-03-2008, 11:16 AM
I can't help having a bad feeling on this one, even though I'm usually an optimist.

The Spaz
06-03-2008, 11:23 AM
http://wgr550.com/Lynch-at-practice/2301316

Dr. Lecter
06-03-2008, 11:27 AM
The police are having a PC at 1, not sure if the Bills are though.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=58323

raphael120
06-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Yeah I just heard it was a police conference not the team.

The Spaz
06-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Statement from the office of attorney Michael Caffery

As you are aware, I represent Marshawn T. Lynch.

The Buffalo Police Department is still investigating this matter.

At the present time, I decline to make any comment on behalf of my client. I have also instructed my client not to make any comment.

Buffalobills.com will update this story throughout the day.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6121

Michael82
06-03-2008, 11:30 AM
This really does not sound good.... :nervous:

:ill:

DrastiK
06-03-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm pretty sure if he was the one driving, he wouldn't be attending any of the recent OTAs on account of the fact of just being scared that he was going to get in trouble. So i'm convinced that he was not the once driving. But we'll have to see, hopefully i'm right.

WE <3 MARSHAWN

blackonyx89
06-03-2008, 11:32 AM
This really does not sound good.... :nervous:

:ill:

Uh,oh!!!

hydro
06-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I can't help having a bad feeling on this one, even though I'm usually an optimist.

Don't say that Jan! :(

positive thoughts, positive thoughts...:bandwagon

Dr. Lecter
06-03-2008, 11:39 AM

Since your optimism is usually wrong, I can only hope your pessimism is as well. :D

Mitchy moo
06-03-2008, 11:45 AM
:candle:

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Tell me Marshawn was at Applebee's at the time!

justasportsfan
06-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Relax, they are just going to announce he's getting a haircut . No more dreads.

blackonyx89
06-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Relax, they are just going to anounce he's getting a haircutt . No more dreads.

For Whom the Bell Tolls. Boooooong,booooooong,booooooooong,boooooong!!!

justasportsfan
06-03-2008, 12:09 PM
For Whom the Bell Tolls. Boooooong,booooooong,booooooooong,boooooong!!!that would be Travis Henry

blackonyx89
06-03-2008, 12:14 PM
that would be Travis Henry

Funny!!!

:respect:

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2008, 12:15 PM
So what did they say?

Jan Reimers
06-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Since your optimism is usually wrong, I can only hope your pessimism is as well. :D
You do have a point there, Doc.:dance:

raphael120
06-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Yeah anyone hear the press conference? What's the deal?

Stewie
06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
http://www.wben.com/news/fullstory.php?newsid=10111

Buffalo Police fielded questions Tuesday into just who was behind the wheel of Marshawn Lynch's SUV when it struck a woman near Chippewa St, and then took off late Friday night.
Buffalo Police Spokesman Michael DeGeorge says Buffalo Police have made it clear to Lynch that they'd like some answers, and if they don't start getting answers, then "some other action could be taken."

that doesn't sound promising

damn you marshawn.. well, at least the chick got released from the hospital almost immediately... but if he was in the vehicle, he's going to be convicted and the best case is probably probation and a 4 game suspension

M
06-03-2008, 01:04 PM

Buffalo Police fielded questions Tuesday into just who was behind the wheel of Marshawn Lynch's SUV when it struck a woman near Chippewa St, and then took off late Friday night.
Buffalo Police Spokesman Michael DeGeorge says Buffalo Police have made it clear to Lynch that they'd like some answers, and if they don't start getting answers, then "some other action could be taken."

damn you marshawn.. well, at least the chick got released from the hospital almost immediately... but if he was in the vehicle, he's going to be convicted and the best case is probably probation and a 4 game suspension

But it doesn't sound like they have any evidence either way, that Lynch was driving or even in the car.

DraftBoy
06-03-2008, 01:07 PM
****!

ublinkwescore
06-03-2008, 01:08 PM
But it doesn't sound like they have any evidence either way, that Lynch was driving or even in the car.

Come on Lawyer - work your magic.

Marshawn - you knock the **** off. call a cab next time, or sleep in your car - it is an SUV after all, I'm sure you can get comfortable in it.

Stewie
06-03-2008, 01:08 PM

No it doesn't you're right.

However, Marshawn is going to be under huge pressure from all sides to get this resolved. That's why I said if... If he was in the car, he's getting punished unless he lies to the cops and gets away with it. I hope he doesn't choose that route because if he does, I believe he will be caught eventually, and then he'll lose a lot more than he is already destined to give up.

DraftBoy
06-03-2008, 01:10 PM
It being his car, even if they lack evidence he can't just lie about it and say he wasn't there without proving it, one would think. The car wasn't reported stolen, so if he leant it out then to whom, for how long and where did they go?

Philagape
06-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Buffalo Police have made it clear to Lynch that they'd like some answers, and if they don't start getting answers, then "some other action could be taken."

So Lynch isn't cooperating as much as they'd like. That suggests that not only was he driving, but he's making it worse for himself.

Stewie
06-03-2008, 01:15 PM
It being his car, even if they lack evidence he can't just lie about it and say he wasn't there without proving it, one would think. The car wasn't reported stolen, so if he leant it out then to whom, for how long and where did they go?

well, he could try.. but he'd have a tough time proving anything without an alibi. But let's assume he was doing what you're supposed to do at 3:30 (zzzzzz), what kind of unbiased alibi could he possibly have? The girl he bangs? Knowing the car wasn't reported stolen, the police at the very least know that Marshawn knows who had possession of the car. Maybe that's all they want to know at this point. If I was Marshawn and innocent, I'd have told the fuzz who had the car 5 seconds after I found out what happened.

Mitchy moo
06-03-2008, 01:17 PM
F-them cops, that's why he has an attorney. They want answers it's no problem just call my attorney. The badge is fishing and this ain't a lake.

M
06-03-2008, 01:18 PM
How could NOBODY have seen Marshawn out and about that night. It's not like he can walk around unnoticed? No bartenders, no waitstaff, etc?? Are the police not doing a canvas of all the establishments?

Stewie
06-03-2008, 01:19 PM
They probably are, but what do the police have to gain by tipping their hand?

Ultra Chimp 1
06-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Lynch has every legal right in the world to keep his mouth shut.

Yea, good one guys.

As if Lynch should just be like...

"...Please Mr. Police Officer, let me help you throw me behind bars and ruin my NFL career. What do you wanna know, I'll tell you anything!"

The fact is, with little cases like this, keeping your mouth shut will get you out of trouble 99 per cent of the time.

Only an idiot would make the authorities job that much easier to ruin you run smoother.

DraftBoy
06-03-2008, 01:22 PM

You're right if only we didnt live in such a great, free, and democratic country like this! Great point Chimp! USA ALL THE WAY!

mayotm
06-03-2008, 01:32 PM
So Lynch isn't cooperating as much as they'd like. That suggests that not only was he driving, but he's making it worse for himself.It suggests he's doing what his attorney is telling him to do.

ddaryl
06-03-2008, 01:40 PM

4 game suspension.. for a hit and run??? I guarentee it won't be a 4 game suspension, it will be a ful year. No way the commish slaps his wrist for a hit and run with a 4 game suspension. Not with the amount of BS that has been going down with pro football players. He'll hit Marshawn hard and it will be deserved.

His silence at this point is screaming guilty... so IMO no Marshawn this year..

don137
06-03-2008, 01:43 PM
It does not sound good for Marshawn...I guess the Bills better start looking up Travis Henry and Shaun Alexander's agents phone numbers...
Wasn't their a Mike DeGeorge that worked for Empire Sports? I wonder if that is the same guy...

don137
06-03-2008, 01:45 PM
4 game suspension.. for a hit and run??? I guarentee it won't be a 4 game suspension, it will be a ful year. No way the commish slaps his wrist for a hit and run with a 4 game suspension. Not with the amount of BS that has been going down with pro football players. He'll hit Marshawn hard and it will be deserved.

Hard to say what Goodell will do...He gave the Patriots a slap on the wrist to someone who attacked the integrity of the game...
I do think a 8 game suspension is about right if he indeed was driving...No player or any person is above the law no matter what they do for a living or how much they make...I really liked Marshawn too...

justasportsfan
06-03-2008, 01:50 PM

I agree. But the cops can bring him in for questioning too. He can keep his mouth shut at the precinct until his lawyer arrives.

I am assuming that they haven't brought him in yet because they are giving him leeway because of who he is. However, time is running out.

Mitchy moo
06-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Let's keep the obits off of here, we don't know anything yet. No one is charged, convicted or came forward. For all we know the girl that got hi has a check in her hand a bad case amnesia and ran into the car.

Stewie
06-03-2008, 01:53 PM

I think it will depend on what he is convicted of/pleads to. The commish would face a lot of criticism for a 1 year suspension of a player convicted of a misdemeanor.

mayotm
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I think it will depend on what he is convicted of/pleads to. The commish would face a lot of criticism for a 1 year suspension of a player convicted of a misdemeanor.Agreed. He's not going to get suspended for the year. If Lynch was driving, they will plea it down. He won't serve any time and won't be suspended for more than 4 games.

justasportsfan
06-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Let's keep the obits off of here, we don't know anything yet. No one is charged, convicted or came forward. For all we know the girl that got hi has a check in her hand a bad case amnesia and ran into the car.
I agree. Lets not blame cops or Lynch for anything.

Thurmal
06-03-2008, 01:59 PM
This is taking so long to resolve b/c Lynch is working out some sort of compensation for the girl. She gets paid, he stays out of trouble -- everyone wins. I seriously think this is what's happening right now.

M
06-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Just another thought. Was the pedestrian jaywalking? I think there's a law in NY prohibiting that?? I know in CT there was ~ a pedestrian got hit while jaywalking and the DRIVER sued and won (the driver was a lawyer of course). Doesn't affect the hit and run part of it but still may be applicable.

justasportsfan
06-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Just another thought. Was the pedestrian jaywalking? I think there's a law in NY prohibiting that?? I know in CT there was ~ a pedestrian got hit while jaywalking and the DRIVER sued and won (the driver was a lawyer of course). Doesn't affect the hit and run part of it but still may be applicable.Was this a case of hit and run?

we don't know. We don't know if Lynch was driving his car and if he was, was he intoxicated.

VeggieMan14
06-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Was this a case of hit and run?

we don't know. We don't know if Lynch was driving his car and if he was, was he intoxicated. If he was intoxicated they have no proof though. And whoever said the thing about paying the lady is probably right. hell Kobe got away with it

justasportsfan
06-03-2008, 02:12 PM
If he was intoxicated they have no proof though. And whoever said the thing about paying the lady is probably right. hell Kobe got away with it

YOu obviously don't watch CSI .

Seriously. Seems like he hasn't even been brought in for questioning which the cops would've done if he was an average JOe.

Besdies why is Lynch stalling if he has nothing to hide?

VeggieMan14
06-03-2008, 02:14 PM
YOu don't watch CSI do you? I don't but how can they prove he was intoxicated days after the fact?

justasportsfan
06-03-2008, 02:16 PM
I don't but how can they prove he was intoxicated days after the fact?
whether he was intoxicated or not is not the problem here. How come no one is being held accountable?

VeggieMan14
06-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't but how can they prove he was intoxicated days after the fact? Unless they get a bartender who says he saw lynch drinking heavily which they havent yet at least. And no bartender will come out with that because they are supposed to take the keys away from someone doing that and call them a cab... someone check me on that but cant they get there selling liscence or w.e revoked for that?

VeggieMan14
06-03-2008, 02:20 PM
whether he was intoxicated or not is not the problem here. How come no one is being held accountable? Welll as i think most of us have seen lynch is not the smartest person at times... ever wonder if maybe he let that car out to multiple friends who could take it when they want? or he might be trying to protect his buds

Bill Brasky
06-03-2008, 02:23 PM
i wonder if he was in beastmode while driving. this could explain things.

M
06-03-2008, 02:25 PM
i wonder if he was in beastmode while driving. this could explain things.

I wonder if the pedestrian saw the Porsche SUV and thought :$:. It's happened to me ... granted I wasn't driving a Porsche but it still happened.

Philagape
06-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Should've had Dockery driving in front of him. That's what he's for, to run over anyone in his way.

Mitchy moo
06-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Should've had Dockery driving in front of him. That's what he's for, to run over anyone in his way.

:respect:

Dr. Pepper
06-03-2008, 02:38 PM
I wonder if the pedestrian saw the Porsche SUV and thought :$:. It's happened to me ... granted I wasn't driving a Porsche but it still happened.

if i got hit by marshawn's porsche and suffered any damage i'd be thinking :zb: :zb: :zb:
whether i would actually follow up on charges though, who knows... cant really say unless you're put in that situation i'd think...

HHURRICANE
06-03-2008, 02:44 PM
He's so guilty. I've seen him drive a golf cart on the field before so this doesn't surprise me.:D

mysticsoto
06-03-2008, 02:44 PM
YOu obviously don't watch CSI .

Seriously. Seems like he hasn't even been brought in for questioning which the cops would've done if he was an average JOe.

Besdies why is Lynch stalling if he has nothing to hide?

It sounds like he's just doing what his lawyer has told him to do. And that is to stay put and shut.

Let's not assume anything until we hear more about what's happened. It is too early to know and not much has been released...

HHURRICANE
06-03-2008, 02:51 PM
if i got hit by marshawn's porsche and suffered any damage i'd be thinking :zb: :zb: :zb:
whether i would actually follow up on charges though, who knows... cant really say unless you're put in that situation i'd think...

And you call yourself a Bills fan??

You can't send our starting RB to jail.

shelby
06-03-2008, 02:58 PM
No sense making any assumptions until the police charge him or don't charge him.

justasportsfan
06-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Welll as i think most of us have seen lynch is not the smartest person at times... ever wonder if maybe he let that car out to multiple friends who could take it when they want? or he might be trying to protect his buds

Like I said, I don't know whats going on.

justasportsfan
06-03-2008, 03:01 PM
It sounds like he's just doing what his lawyer has told him to do. And that is to stay put and shut.

...I agree.

Let's not assume anything until we hear more about what's happened. It is too early to know and not much has been released......thats what I've been saying.

The Spaz
06-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Well she ****ed up the money plan when she walked herself to the ambulance and was released from the hospital with what seems to be no serious injuries.

ddaryl
06-03-2008, 03:10 PM
I think it will depend on what he is convicted of/pleads to. The commish would face a lot of criticism for a 1 year suspension of a player convicted of a misdemeanor.

IMO hit and run... 1 year.

call it a misdemaenor, call it an oops... It's hit and run, and IMO that is much worse then a substance abuse / steroid violation

I'm not the commish, but I personally would find hit and run to be worthy of a felony charge.

HAMMER
06-03-2008, 03:16 PM
It doesn't matter whether or not the girl wants to press charges, if the DA has enough evidence they will.

Stewie
06-03-2008, 03:21 PM
IMO hit and run... 1 year.

call it a misdemaenor, call it an oops... It's hit and run, and IMO that is much worse then a substance abuse / steroid violation

I'm not the commish, but I personally would find hit and run to be worthy of a felony charge.

Good thing you're not the commish or the DA then, huh? :)

I'm pretty sure the position of the league, whether it's codified somewhere or not, is they don't get involved until there's a conviction. Based on that, it would only make sense that the punishment depends on the conviction. If Michael Vick only gets 1 year suspension for multiple felony convictions, I really don't see how Lynch could get the same for a misdemeanor. Assuming, of course, Lynch is lucky enough to exit this with only a misdemeanor conviction.

Mitchy moo
06-03-2008, 03:25 PM
You have to charged and found guilty before being convicted of anything. Are we not all jumping the gun a little bit here?

Stewie
06-03-2008, 03:27 PM
merely testing hypotheses

shelby
06-03-2008, 03:28 PM
It's a sad state of affairs when Skoobs is acting as the voice of reason....

DraftBoy
06-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Good thing you're not the commish or the DA then, huh? :)

I'm pretty sure the position of the league, whether it's codified somewhere or not, is they don't get involved until there's a conviction. Based on that, it would only make sense that the punishment depends on the conviction. If Michael Vick only gets 1 year suspension for multiple felony convictions, I really don't see how Lynch could get the same for a misdemeanor. Assuming, of course, Lynch is lucky enough to exit this with only a misdemeanor conviction.

Let's ask Adam Jones about that...

Kenny
06-03-2008, 04:09 PM

Let's not assume anything until we hear more about what's happened. It is too early to know and not much has been released...

Agreed that the lawyer probably told him to just stay put... But the question then is, -why?
The only reason I can imagine the lawyer telling Lynch to do this would be if he's in fact guilty, -and the lawer needs time to make some sort of case.

Doenst look good....

Stewie
06-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Let's ask Adam Jones about that...

hey, lets not compare marshawn to makin it rain just yet.

acehole
06-03-2008, 04:26 PM
You have to charged and found guilty before being convicted of anything. Are we not all jumping the gun a little bit here?

Why bring Hardy into this?

Bill Brasky
06-03-2008, 04:57 PM

i personally can't wait until this reaches pacman jones levels. then goodell will come down with the hammer. intense media coverage ensues, another season down the toilet. i can already see it. :sigh:

hydro
06-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Why bring Hardy into this?

Are you only here to make inflamatory posts? Save it next time :up:

Mitchy moo
06-03-2008, 05:45 PM
It's a sad state of affairs when Skoobs is acting as the voice of reason....

Lord knows somebody has to step up. In my mind they want him to talk about what they do not know, therefore there is nothing to talk about. If you follow what I am saying.

Stewie
06-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Jerramy Stevens got two games for a "severe DUI" today, which makes me feel better about Marshawn's potential punishments. And Jerramy is definitely included in the top five biggest nfl douchebags, right up there with Vick and Pacman.

Mitchy moo
06-03-2008, 06:39 PM

http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/cat-finds-religion.jpg

Meathead
06-04-2008, 07:46 AM

Yea, good one guys.

As if Lynch should just be like...

"...Please Mr. Police Officer, let me help you throw me behind bars and ruin my NFL career. What do you wanna know, I'll tell you anything!"

The fact is, with little cases like this, keeping your mouth shut will get you out of trouble 99 per cent of the time.

Only an idiot would make the authorities job that much easier to ruin you run smoother.
what if he is guilty

jamze132
06-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Jerramy Stevens got two games for a "severe DUI" today, which makes me feel better about Marshawn's potential punishments. And Jerramy is definitely included in the top five biggest nfl douchebags, right up there with Vick and Pacman.
But Stevens is a white guy...

jamze132
06-04-2008, 08:02 AM
I don't know about all this stuff. Right now it could go either way. If he was the driver and knew he hit the broad, then he should step up and admit it. I understand his lawyer has told him to keep his mouth shut, and right now that is what he should do. But if he is questioned, just be a man and take your medicine. It will probably blow over much quicker and less painful in the long run.

Dr. Lecter
06-04-2008, 08:04 AM
But Stevens is a white guy...

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/S/T/E/STE617245.jpg

jamze132
06-04-2008, 10:58 AM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/S/T/E/STE617245.jpg
:rofl: ...so the guy's got a tan

Philagape
06-04-2008, 11:29 AM
That's blacker than Barack Obama.

:couch:

jamze132
06-04-2008, 01:11 PM
That's blacker than Barack Obama.

:couch:
yeah I was thinking he was the white guy that was an ass that used to play in Seattle. I was thinking of Grant Wistrom.