Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

NFL.com - Camp Battles to watch

3. Buffalo Bills

Josh Reed

James Hardy
    Sure, it's politically correct to say there's room for both players to join No. 1 receiver Lee Evans on the field, but unless the Bills are in three-receiver sets all the time, someone is not a starter. Here's a case of a veteran who understands coverages versus a young guy with exceptional size and college production. What if Hardy can't beat press coverage? Does he spend his rookie season like Dwayne Jarrett did in Carolina?

~The Answer
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: NFL.com - Camp Battles to watch

I think there will be bigger battles at camp, including McKelvin vs. Greer and McCargo vs. Johnson. I'm also more interested in the 5 way battle at TE, the 3 player tussle for probably 1 FB position, and Omon vs. Wright for 3rd RB.

Hardy seems like the natural 2nd WR we need to compliment Evans, while Reed is a good possession-type 3rd guy. If Hardy is at all ready, he plays. If not, he gets some experience and takes Reed's spot down the road.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mysticsoto
      Too sober for this...
      • Apr 2004

I personally don't think that this is a battle that will last very long. All indications are that Hardy is pumped and ready and working hard to grab that #2 spot. I hope he really is as motivated as he seems b'cse we could sure use an upgrade. Reed has given us his best and it hasn't been enough. I'm looking forward to see how Hardy looks in TC and how raw/polished he is...

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
        • Aug 2007

I am more interested in the DT & CB situation myself. I think Hardy is the #2, its just a matter of when he is comfortable with the offense and is ready to play. He may not be the #2 guy on opening day but I wouldn't bet against it.

Comment

• The Answer
          The Plagiarist
          • Mar 2007

I think the real battle is Hardy vs. Reed vs. Parrish vs. Johnson since beyond Lee Evans, everything is wide open.

Some other key battles I will be watching:

The Digi vs. The Poz - should be a great battle

McCargo vs. Spencer Johnson - ditto

McKelvin vs. Greer vs. James vs. McGee (I don't think either starting CB spot is locked up at this point)

Simpson vs. Wilson

Dwayne Wright vs Xavier Omon vs Action Jackon

Garbage TE battle royale (because at this point who knows what to expect at the position)

FB - who will emerge?

Also will Kelsay and/or Denney hold down the #2 DE spot or will the rookie emerge?

Stay tuned......

~The Answer

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by The Answer
            I think the real battle is Hardy vs. Reed vs. Parrish vs. Johnson since beyond Lee Evans, everything is wide open.

McCargo vs. Spencer Johnson - ditto

McKelvin vs. Greer vs. James vs. McGee (I don't think either starting CB spot is locked up at this point)

Simpson vs. Wilson

Dwayne Wright vs Xavier Omon vs Action Jackon

Garbage TE battle royale (because at this point who knows what to expect at the position)

FB - who will emerge?

Also will Kelsay and/or Denney hold down the #2 DE spot or will the rookie emerge?

Stay tuned......

~The Answer
            You forgot the battle of the bulge, battleship and battle of the planets...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              • May 2003

~The Answer
              What battle?
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Bills Juggernaut
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                What battle?
                Exactly. No way Digi even comes close to starting over Poz.
                The One and Only

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Bills Juggernaut
                  Maybe the battle was to see if Digi could carry Poz's jock strap, or whether he'd need some help.

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

Why bother getting involved in this with The Answer? "Digi" is his one of his "studs".

Comment

• The Answer
                      The Plagiarist
                      • Mar 2007

Keep believing that.

The Digi is as hard nosed a competitor as they come - plays with blood and gauze stuck up his nose. Would play with bones sticking out of his arm unlike Poz who is injury prone and lacks toughness to succeed in this league.

Respect The Digi!

~The Answer

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        Maybe the battle was to see if Digi could carry Poz's jock strap, or whether he'd need some help.
                        Who is the sissy that was hurt 2 games into his nfl career? The same sissy that was pegged as an injury prone bust waiting to happen by several scouting circles and draft gurus?

The Digi was the better LB in training camp last year and he proved that when he stepped in and became a tackling machine. Clearly the defense was better with him in the lineup.

~The Answer

Comment

• mayotm
                          • Jul 2003

We can all see where this thread is heading. Mods, may as well move this nonsense now. Typcial crap started by The Answer.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            • May 2003

Keep believing that.

The Digi is as hard nosed a competitor as they come - plays with blood and gauze stuck up his nose. Would play with bones sticking out of his arm unlike Poz who is injury prone and lacks toughness to succeed in this league.

Respect The Digi!

~The Answer
                            Now I know why I generally keep you on Ignore, and why I'm always sorry when I take you off.

Comment

• The Answer
                              The Plagiarist
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by mayotm
                              Why bother getting involved in this with The Answer? "Digi" is his one of his "studs".
                              Here's some more Digi facts for you to digest: We were 0-3 with Poz starting - enter The Digi and we went on a 5-1 tear!

Stop selling this Italian Stallion short - kid is a balla!

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                              X