PDA

View Full Version : OTA Notes: Offense Performs

The Spaz
06-03-2008, 03:06 PM
The start of this week's OTAs went a lot smoother for Buffalo's offense than they did seven days ago. The Bills attack was executing well for the most part as Trent Edwards and the first unit consistently made plays during the team work session and no huddle.

"I think we've made a lot of good offensive plays the past couple of practices," said Edwards. "We've installed some plays that we had never run before and now that we're running them and seeing a lot of different looks you have more confidence when you run them over and over again. I feel like now I'm kind of getting into the rhythm and the receivers are getting into the rhythm. You're kind of getting on the same page and that's why you're going to see this offense make plays hopefully."

Josh Reed made some nice plays early in the practice setting with a grab deep over the middle, which was later followed by a leaping catch where he fully extended to pull the ball in on his way to the sideline.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6126

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Josh Reed made some nice plays early in the practice setting with a grab deep over the middle, which was later followed by a leaping catch where he fully extended to pull the ball in on his way to the sideline.
Yeah well what else is new. He's always looked good in training campand disappears in games.

justasportsfan
06-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Yeah well what else is new. He's always looked good in training campand disappears in games.
don't know what you've been watching. he's the only consistent wr we have .

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Consistently mediocre is not a good thing.

OpIv37
06-03-2008, 03:38 PM
should we be concerned that the D is giving up plays to Josh Reed?

justasportsfan
06-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Consistently mediocre is not a good thing.
IF you're looking for big nos. then he isn't the guy. But if you're looking at being the qb's safety net, he's been the one regardless of who the qb was.

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah very true.

HHURRICANE
06-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Josh Reed is number 3 for a reason. Not bad, not great. He does get lost a lot during games. Peerless Price had the same problem.

YardRat
06-03-2008, 04:55 PM
It always takes a while for the offense to catch up with the D. Nice to see they are making strides.

jmb1099
06-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Tomorrows OTA: Defense Performs
OpIv37's response: Should we be concerned that the Offense is getting shut down by D?

The Answer
06-03-2008, 05:25 PM

No.

We should be encouraged that our young franchise QB is dissecting our all pro defense with deadly precision and accuracy.

~The Answer

casdhf
06-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Reed has always played well in the slot.

OpIv37
06-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Tomorrows OTA: Defense Performs
OpIv37's response: Should we be concerned that the Offense is getting shut down by D?

if it was Lee Evans, I wouldn't care so much. But Reed has been consistently mediocre his whole career.

OpIv37
06-03-2008, 08:48 PM
No.

We should be encouraged that our young franchise QB is dissecting our all pro defense with deadly precision and accuracy.

~The Answer

other than overrated Aaron Schobel and the newly acquired Stroud, there are no all-pro's on our D.

OpIv37
06-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Reed has always played well in the slot.

wow, your standards for "playing well" are very low.

Oaf
06-03-2008, 10:01 PM
IF you're looking for big nos. then he isn't the guy. But if you're looking at being the qb's safety net, he's been the one regardless of who the qb was.
Agreed thurr, justa.

TacklingDummy
06-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Josh Reed is number 3 for a reason. Not bad, not great. He does get lost a lot during games. Peerless Price had the same problem.

So does Evans.

yordad
06-03-2008, 10:16 PM
I think Reed is an underrated slot guy. He blocks good too.

Also, I think Schobel is lazy.