• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Buffalo police threaten Bills RB with obstruction of justice

Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch made it to the team's workout Tuesday, but by the afternoon he still hadn't spoken to Buffalo police about a hit-and-run they say involved his SUV.

Police spokesperson Mike DeGeorge said on Tuesday afternoon that Lynch's attorney had made contact the previous day but that a meeting had not been set up.

"Right now, the ball is in their court. The clock would be ticking," said DeGeorge. "Police have made it clear to Mr. Lynch's representative that they would like some answers, expect some answers, and if they don't start getting some answers then they could take some other action."

DeGeorge said Lynch could face an obstruction of justice charge if he doesn't co-operate.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo police threaten Bills RB with obstruction of justice

****ing hell
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

idiot .. Lynch's character issues clearly include a lack of intelligence

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

He cannot be obstructing himself, can he?? The police are grasping at straws to try to figure out the story, that's getting more & more obvious.

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

But if Lynch was innocent, he would have been calling the police to clear his name, not having the police wait on him. This doesn't look good.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
            But if Lynch was innocent, he would have been calling the police to clear his name, not having the police wait on him. This doesn't look good.
            ML maybe protecting a friend.

Comment

• Buckets
              • Jun 2003

If he is represented by an attorney he does not have to say a word. Having been in law enforcement for 33 years I wouldn't say anything without my attorney present. Let the attorney earn his money.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by Buckets
                If he is represented by an attorney he does not have to say a word. Having been in law enforcement for 33 years I wouldn't say anything without my attorney present. Let the attorney earn his money.
                I agree, but this thing is beginning to smell like dead fish.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buckets

Although, if he loaned his car out to a friend - he needs to tell the friend to 'fess up IMEDIATELY, because he's on his way to the cops to tell them who had his car.
                  Originally posted by notacon
                  The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

I may be naive - maybe because I've never been involved in this kind of thing - but I've always thought that when you're innocent, you just come forward and cooperate in any way possible.

Hiding behind your lawyer just doesn't seem like the way to do things if you don't have at least some culpability in the event.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

This is what I meant yesterday by making it worse
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Bone
                        Bone
                        • Oct 2006

Time will tell...
                        BILLIEVE

Comment

• Patti120
                          • Aug 2004

This has definitely been bizarre!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                            his lawyer has advised him to keep shut. that's what he's doing.

i'll wait til the facts come out before i make a judgement.

there are obviously other situations at play here. any number of things could have happened.... teammate or family member at the wheel while he was in the car, car was stolen, marshawn behind the wheel, etc.

anyone had to deal with cops or lawyers before? it's best to keep your mouth shut and not give the po's any cheese to poke holes in because that's all they enjoy doing.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                              his lawyer has advised him to keep shut. that's what he's doing.

i'll wait til the facts come out before i make a judgement.
                              Absolutely. But the appearance of some kind of culpability on Marshawn's behalf becomes stronger every day that goes by.

Comment

Working...
                              X