• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Schouman works with first-team offense

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.

Schouman was used in the red zone mostly and made a nice catch on a play action pass from QB Trent Edwards.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Schouman works with first-team offense

I wonder if he's put on weight ? He played at 223 and was more of an H-Back, which no longer exists in the Turk offense. He's not tall for a TE, only 6-2

At Boise St. he showed he had great hands, so that's not an issue. One has to wonder if he's big enough and can block a DE or LB on the edge ?
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• John Doe
      Florida Man
      • Jul 2002

I think that one of the reasons that Schouman is getting a lot of first team reps is because he is the only tight end left over from last season that is available right now (with Royal not participating).

I did not think that he stood much chance of making the team before the season started, but maybe he has improved some too.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

I liked what (little) I saw of Schouman last year. But at 6'2" and 223#, he's a little small for a TE. Fine is 6'3" and 247#.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Schouman appears to be a good pass catcher. Whether he is big enough to both block effectively and be a real red zone weapon are the questions I would have.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• methos4ever
            • Apr 2004

Honestly, as long as we have Royal, we're in a good place. Cooley was never asked to block while Royal was there, he could be the H-Back and catch everything in sight. With Schouman, we can still do the same thing, regardless of having a fullback or not.

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I personally think we will keep 4 TEs and 1 FB, the 4th being Schouman who will back up FB and be used in the backfeild and at TE in obvious passing situations
              Schouman can play i think he will be excellent for us on ST as well
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
              X