PDA

View Full Version : Empire in danger of losing Rochester, Syracuse outlets

The_Philster
04-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Rochester businessman B. Thomas Golisano may need a satellite dish at home to watch his Buffalo Sabres on Adelphia's Empire Sports Network next season.
After eight months in which they carried Empire without a contract, Time Warner's cable division in Syracuse is replacing the regional sports network May 1 with the Outdoor Life Channel. T-W's Binghamton system will also drop Empire that day if continuing negotiations aren't resolved.

And Time Warner's Rochester system could be next to say goodbye to Empire on June 1. That could be a life-threatening blow to Empire, have ramifications for Golisano's plans to expand Sabres' interest in his hometown and probably provoke viewer outrage....more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030419/1034497.asp)

Andre Reed is the latest former Buffalo Bill to head to the broadcasting booth. The Bills' all-time leading receiver will work two games in May for Fox Sports Net's coverage of NFL Europe. The games are carried by Empire.

Pride
04-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Does anything in WNY ever work out?

All I hear is how this company is shutting down this... and that company is turning off that.

I am glad I moved out. If it werent for the bills, that would be a desert up there. No people, no jobs, nothing...

bills_phan
04-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Does anything in WNY ever work out?

All I hear is how this company is shutting down this... and that company is turning off that.

I am glad I moved out. If it werent for the bills, that would be a desert up there. No people, no jobs, nothing...
Well pal, if you're not part of the solution, you are most likely part of the problem. If you don't like WNY, maybe you should get your a$$ out...oh wait, you already did. Thanks for all the help, your opinion on this subject no longer matters.

HenryRules
04-21-2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah, cuz if you're wondering why all the businesses leave, the last thing you want to do is ask someone that has left ... their information is not relevant at all.