I think that if Lynch were driving the car.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

I think that if Lynch were driving the car.....

......they would have charged him by now.

I also think that if this wasn't Lynch or someone else famous, this wouldn't be as big of a deal.

I mean, this girl wasn't really hurt all that much (from what I hear) and I think that if it wasn't Lynch's car and just some random dude, the police and media wouldn't be making such a big deal out of this.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: I think that if Lynch were driving the car.....

i cant believe i completely agree with patrick.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
      i cant believe i completely agree with patrick.

This happens a lot more then you think!

Actually, I thought we were similar on a lot of issues in the past, but something happened.

I don't know what it was.
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777

I also think that if this wasn't Lynch or someone else famous, this wouldn't be as big of a deal.

I mean, this girl wasn't really hurt all that much (from what I hear) and I think that if it wasn't Lynch's car and just some random dude, the police and media wouldn't be making such a big deal out of this.
        the problem with your theory is these people make so much $$$ because they are the supposed pillars of our society. They are the role models for our kids. They have social responsibility like a business does not like an individual. So the Joe Blow theory just doesn't cut it.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

This happens a lot more then you think!

Actually, I thought we were similar on a lot of issues in the past, but something happened.

I don't know what it was.
          the Tonkster has a double personality.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Typ0
            the problem with your theory is these people make so much $$$ because they are the supposed pillars of our society. They are the role models for our kids. They have social responsibility like a business does not like an individual. So the Joe Blow theory just doesn't cut it.
            Just because you run good with a football, or just because you make a lot of money, doesn't make you a pillar of our society. They have very little responsibility to anyones kid except their own. Parents should be role models. Running backs, should be running backs. Just because you make money, and are in the entertainment business doesn't mean you owe the population anything more then the average joe, IMO.

Not to mention, a poor guy can be a pillar of society.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Lynch very well could have been driving the car. Fortunately, police, DAs and court, can't charge anyone without evidence.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                Just because you run good with a football, or just because you make a lot of money, doesn't make you a pillar of our society. They have very little responsibility to anyones kid except their own. Parents should be role models. Running backs, should be running backs. Just because you make money, and are in the entertainment business doesn't mean you owe the population anything more then the average joe, IMO.

Not to mention, a poor guy can be a pillar of society.
                you said it yourself. He is in the entertainment business. There is a public responsibility that goes along with accepting all those dollars.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                  • Apr 2008

of course it wouldnt be as big of a deal. if you were accused of killing someone, it wouldnt be as big of news as OJ's trial, because he's famous. if i robbed a jewelry store, my press would be nothing compared to winona rider's, because she's famous. if my friend kills himself, he isnt going to attract the attention that kurt cobain did, for the same reason. like it or not, marshawn's name attached to something like this is big news in this town.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

The ***** is trying to make a buck.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Typ0
                      you said it yourself. He is in the entertainment business. There is a public responsibility that goes along with accepting all those dollars.
                      Yep, entertainment. Not parent. Not policeman. Not judge. Not fireman. Not even an IRS agent.

He runs with a football.

Comment

• Slim
                        • Apr 2004

I have a very good inside source that told me his cousin was driving the car.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                          Yep, entertainment. Not parent. Not policeman. Not judge. Not fireman. Not even an IRS agent.

He runs with a football.
                          listen the league is clearly making a statement in the last year about the social responsibility of the players. They don't agree with your position. Even the players themselves mostly don't agree with your position. You are just making excuses because it serves your fandom.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by slimschmittie
                            I have a very good inside source that told me his cousin was driving the car.
                            How would he/she know?

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

This isn't really true. Police work often takes time to build a case...sometimes decades. It's just the nature of the beast. The police don't take guesses. They investigate until they arrive at a reasonable conclusion through the evidence presented they have a winning case in the eyes of the court and then they make an arrest. There are many times they know (as human beings) exactly what happened and who did what yet they can't make an arrest because it would be a waste of resources because they just can't make the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X