PDA

View Full Version : I think that if Lynch were driving the car.....

Patrick76777
06-04-2008, 02:12 PM
......they would have charged him by now.

I also think that if this wasn't Lynch or someone else famous, this wouldn't be as big of a deal.

I mean, this girl wasn't really hurt all that much (from what I hear) and I think that if it wasn't Lynch's car and just some random dude, the police and media wouldn't be making such a big deal out of this.

Tatonka
06-04-2008, 02:23 PM
i cant believe i completely agree with patrick.

Patrick76777
06-04-2008, 02:25 PM
i cant believe i completely agree with patrick.

This happens a lot more then you think!

Actually, I thought we were similar on a lot of issues in the past, but something happened.

I don't know what it was.

Typ0
06-04-2008, 04:50 PM

I also think that if this wasn't Lynch or someone else famous, this wouldn't be as big of a deal.

I mean, this girl wasn't really hurt all that much (from what I hear) and I think that if it wasn't Lynch's car and just some random dude, the police and media wouldn't be making such a big deal out of this.

the problem with your theory is these people make so much $$$ because they are the supposed pillars of our society. They are the role models for our kids. They have social responsibility like a business does not like an individual. So the Joe Blow theory just doesn't cut it.

Typ0
06-04-2008, 04:51 PM
This happens a lot more then you think!

Actually, I thought we were similar on a lot of issues in the past, but something happened.

I don't know what it was.

the Tonkster has a double personality.

yordad
06-04-2008, 04:59 PM
the problem with your theory is these people make so much $$$ because they are the supposed pillars of our society. They are the role models for our kids. They have social responsibility like a business does not like an individual. So the Joe Blow theory just doesn't cut it.Just because you run good with a football, or just because you make a lot of money, doesn't make you a pillar of our society. They have very little responsibility to anyones kid except their own. Parents should be role models. Running backs, should be running backs. Just because you make money, and are in the entertainment business doesn't mean you owe the population anything more then the average joe, IMO.

Not to mention, a poor guy can be a pillar of society.

yordad
06-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Lynch very well could have been driving the car. Fortunately, police, DAs and court, can't charge anyone without evidence.

Typ0
06-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Just because you run good with a football, or just because you make a lot of money, doesn't make you a pillar of our society. They have very little responsibility to anyones kid except their own. Parents should be role models. Running backs, should be running backs. Just because you make money, and are in the entertainment business doesn't mean you owe the population anything more then the average joe, IMO.

Not to mention, a poor guy can be a pillar of society.

you said it yourself. He is in the entertainment business. There is a public responsibility that goes along with accepting all those dollars.

Dr. Pepper
06-04-2008, 05:26 PM

of course it wouldnt be as big of a deal. if you were accused of killing someone, it wouldnt be as big of news as OJ's trial, because he's famous. if i robbed a jewelry store, my press would be nothing compared to winona rider's, because she's famous. if my friend kills himself, he isnt going to attract the attention that kurt cobain did, for the same reason. like it or not, marshawn's name attached to something like this is big news in this town.

LtBillsFan66
06-04-2008, 05:37 PM
The ***** is trying to make a buck. :down:

yordad
06-04-2008, 05:51 PM
you said it yourself. He is in the entertainment business. There is a public responsibility that goes along with accepting all those dollars.Yep, entertainment. Not parent. Not policeman. Not judge. Not fireman. Not even an IRS agent.

He runs with a football.

Slim
06-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I have a very good inside source that told me his cousin was driving the car.

Typ0
06-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Yep, entertainment. Not parent. Not policeman. Not judge. Not fireman. Not even an IRS agent.

He runs with a football.

listen the league is clearly making a statement in the last year about the social responsibility of the players. They don't agree with your position. Even the players themselves mostly don't agree with your position. You are just making excuses because it serves your fandom.

Goobylal
06-04-2008, 06:57 PM
I have a very good inside source that told me his cousin was driving the car.
How would he/she know?

Typ0
06-04-2008, 06:58 PM

This isn't really true. Police work often takes time to build a case...sometimes decades. It's just the nature of the beast. The police don't take guesses. They investigate until they arrive at a reasonable conclusion through the evidence presented they have a winning case in the eyes of the court and then they make an arrest. There are many times they know (as human beings) exactly what happened and who did what yet they can't make an arrest because it would be a waste of resources because they just can't make the case.

djjimkelly
06-04-2008, 08:20 PM

wouldnt it be funny if it was edwards LMAO

THATHURMANATOR
06-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Just because you run good with a football, or just because you make a lot of money, doesn't make you a pillar of our society. They have very little responsibility to anyones kid except their own. Parents should be role models. Running backs, should be running backs. Just because you make money, and are in the entertainment business doesn't mean you owe the population anything more then the average joe, IMO. Not to mention, a poor guy can be a pillar of society.Yep

gr8slayer
06-04-2008, 10:49 PM
If it was Lynch and he wasn't drunk or under the influence of any other substance I highly doubt much comes of this in the court of law. Now had she been hurt......

yordad
06-04-2008, 11:25 PM
listen the league is clearly making a statement in the last year about the social responsibility of the players. They don't agree with your position. Even the players themselves mostly don't agree with your position. You are just making excuses because it serves your fandom.The league cares about bad press. They want Jr. to want that hat, and they want Pops to buy it. They want the family involved. One NFL fan Dad = 3 tickets sold.

I've felt this way since the Charles Barkley commercial like 18 years ago.

yordad
06-04-2008, 11:33 PM
This isn't really true. Police work often takes time to build a case...sometimes decades. It's just the nature of the beast. The police don't take guesses. They investigate until they arrive at a reasonable conclusion through the evidence presented they have a winning case in the eyes of the court and then they make an arrest. There are many times they know (as human beings) exactly what happened and who did what yet they can't make an arrest because it would be a waste of resources because they just can't make the case.Sure. They can't just treat him like a poor person. Bring him in. Threaten him with all kinds of evidence they don't have. Claim they have his accomplices, they are are talking, and it is coming down to who gives the entire story first. And, if you don't cooperate, your getting held for a day or two anyways, while they finish turning your buddies.

If your real lucky, you get the elevator ride, and as soon as the door closes they whoop you.

You know why they do this to poor people? Because they are usually stupid, don't have a lawyer, and except it.

Well, this probably ain't Lynch's first police contact. I don't think he is an ignorant poor person.

If I was him, I wouldn't even say "no comment", I would have my lawyer say even that for me.

feldspar
06-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Lynch very well could have been driving the car. Fortunately, police, DAs and court, can't charge anyone without evidence.

As far as I know, police say that it was Lynch's car that hit this woman.

If that's not evidence, I don't know what is.

It seems to me that that is probable cause to arrest him right there. They are giving him a chance to tell his side of the story, I think. If he doesn't give the police information on who was driving his car, it seems like they have enough reason to arrest him. After all, his car is his responsibility. He didn't report it stolen.

If this weren't the case, I could drive down any street in America and run over every mailbox along the way while wearing a mask. Even though 40 different people caught my license plate number, I would still be immune from prosecution because nobody can ID my face even though they know it was my car...

Hey, maybe I'll do this. Maybe I'll just leave the scene of every traffic accident I'm ever in...as long as nobody sees my face, I'll be alright.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Typ0
06-05-2008, 06:31 AM
I'm not saying all law enforcement is good...but you just slapped a lot of good people in the face. It's sad that people have that attitude really. You're talking about people who put their lives on the line for your protection and freedom. Many of those peoples sole purpose in doing the job is they like to help people. I'm sorry for you.

Sure. They can't just treat him like a poor person. Bring him in. Threaten him with all kinds of evidence they don't have. Claim they have his accomplices, they are are talking, and it is coming down to who gives the entire story first. And, if you don't cooperate, your getting held for a day or two anyways, while they finish turning your buddies.

If your real lucky, you get the elevator ride, and as soon as the door closes they whoop you.

You know why they do this to poor people? Because they are usually stupid, don't have a lawyer, and except it.

Well, this probably ain't Lynch's first police contact. I don't think he is an ignorant poor person.

If I was him, I wouldn't even say "no comment", I would have my lawyer say even that for me.

yordad
06-05-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm not saying all law enforcement is good...but you just slapped a lot of good people in the face. It's sad that people have that attitude really. You're talking about people who put their lives on the line for your protection and freedom. Many of those peoples sole purpose in doing the job is they like to help people. I'm sorry for you.Your right about one thing... It is sad. Not everyone was born into a community that breeds trust in the police, or the criminal justice system. I have been, and I have seen abuse of power by the police, almost on a daily basis.

It is sad when you call the police, and they come and arrest you.

Typ0
06-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Your right about one thing... It is a shame. Not everyone was born into a community that breeds trust in the police, or the criminal justice system.

you never should really just blindly trust anything. But having an overall bad attitude about it is a whole other story. It usually comes from people who are on the wrong side of the law to begin with and is some rationalization that they are right because society is wrong.

yordad
06-05-2008, 10:21 AM
As far as I know, police say that it was Lynch's car that hit this woman.

If that's not evidence, I don't know what is.

It seems to me that that is probable cause to arrest him right there. They are giving him a chance to tell his side of the story, I think. If he doesn't give the police information on who was driving his car, it seems like they have enough reason to arrest him. After all, his car is his responsibility. He didn't report it stolen.

If this weren't the case, I could drive down any street in America and run over every mailbox along the way while wearing a mask. Even though 40 different people caught my license plate number, I would still be immune from prosecution because nobody can ID my face even though they know it was my car...

Hey, maybe I'll do this. Maybe I'll just leave the scene of every traffic accident I'm ever in...as long as nobody sees my face, I'll be alright.

Does this make sense to anyone?OK, that is evidence. But, when the suspect has a lawyer, and isn't stupid enough to be coerced into a confession, the police need not bothering to arrest until they have enough for a conviction. It must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.

Tatonka
06-05-2008, 10:28 AM
the Tonkster has a double personality.

I hear voices.

:couch:

justasportsfan
06-05-2008, 10:44 AM
You're talking about people who put their lives on the line for your protection and freedom. Many of those peoples sole purpose in doing the job is they like to help people. .
:clap:

yordad
06-05-2008, 10:52 AM
you never should really just blindly trust anything. But having an overall bad attitude about it is a whole other story. It usually comes from people who are on the wrong side of the law to begin with and is some rationalization that they are right because society is wrong.Your right, usually. It is also extended to those whom live in areas where there are people on the wrong side of the law.

If there are gangs in the area, a straight laced kid walking home from school can easily be profiled into the group and suffer harrassment from over zealous officers.

If someone is at the bar, and police usually encounter alcoholic a-holes there, they can easily walk in and start treating everyone like an alcoholic a-hole.

And, before you judge where my voice is coming from, let me tell you, I have done an extensive, exclusive intership with my local PD in route to my second degree. I am not talking for no reason.

In my experience, you get a group of police together, they are easily the biggest gang around.