PDA

View Full Version : The NFL and its "character" issues

Coach Sal
06-05-2008, 10:49 AM
On the heels of the recent Hardy incident and now the Marshawn issue, I figured I'd post this (and pimp it, as well :D ) here.

On my latest NFL show, we have a good debate about the "character" issues in the NFL right now.....how bad of a problem it REALLY is vs. how much of it is perceived, or at least overblown and overhyped in a 24/7 news-cycle world.

Hope you get a chance to listen to it and comment on my comments.

Just go here to my site and click the link that takes you to the show (you can't miss it)! You cn then download and listen on your computer or iPod, or just hit pay and listen online!

Here's the site:
www.SalSports.com (http://www.SalSports.com)

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Pretty good stuff.....

Jerry has Pacman doing all kinds of stuff around the community here in Dallas. Pacman won't screw it up here because he knows that if he can be a good citizen on his current contract Jerry will make him rich man just like he did that "nightmare" T.O.

Coach Sal
06-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Pretty good stuff.....

Jerry has Pacman doing all kinds of stuff around the community here in Dallas. Pacman won't screw it up here because he knows that if he can be a good citizen on his current contract Jerry will make him rich man just like he did that "nightmare" T.O.

Thanks.

I just think in today's 24/7 news-cycle, where every little media entity is looking for a "scoop," some of these issues are way overblown and made to look a lot worse than they are.

Not the stuff like DUIs or wife-beatings.

I'm talking about stuff like guys going out and drinking and someone taking a picture of them. So what? If they're 21 they have every right to enjoy themselves away from the field. But snap a pic or vid of a QB with a bottle in his hand and al of the sudden people scream that "he's not committed!" or "he's a drunk!"

It's getting ridiculous.

shelby
06-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks Coach!

Bmax
06-05-2008, 11:29 PM
MLB it seems has just as many or more character issues than the NFL.

Clemmens, Bonds etc....Guys beating their wives,,,,driving drunk ...it happens in every sport....

Bmax