PDA

View Full Version : McGee ready to return kickoffs again this season

The Answer
06-05-2008, 10:59 AM
I still think we need to give McKelvin some opportunities so he can showcase his playmaking ability....

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/363010.html

McGee ready to return kickoffs again this season

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->By Mark Gaughan NEWS SPORTS REPORTER <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 06/05/08 6:39 AM

Cornerback Terrence McGee says he has no problem handling the full-time kickoff return role if the Buffalo Bills need him to do so this season.

The drafting of cornerback Leodis McKelvin raises a question of how the Bills will divide kickoff return duties. McKelvin was the best return man available in the draft. He averaged 23.7 yards per kickoff return in his college career and scored seven touchdowns on punt returns......

~The Answer

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 11:01 AM
We're in one of the best situations of any team in the league. We know for a fact that McGee is one of the premiere KR's, we know Parrish can cause some nightmares, and we have the number one returner in college, some teams don't even have one guy that can return a kick for crap.

raphael120
06-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Out of everyone else in our division, we have the best chance to try to keep up with the Pats. It's a tall order to win more than the Pats, but all we need to do is do better than those other teams that are competing for the wild card spots. So that could be Cleveland, Jacksonville, or Tennessee...

Mitchy moo
06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
If we are relying on the return game all the time, we are not going to make the playoffs. The return game matters when you have the ability to actually move the ball on offense and actually score TD's.

mybills
06-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Of course, TMac is ready...we need to give McKelvin some time just being in the NFL, before we call for him to be a starter.

RockStar36
06-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I'll say this till I'm blue in the face but I still don't like McGee returning kicks anymore. I know he is great at it but we need him on defense and it isn't worth the injury risk when we have others capable of doing a good job.

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 03:51 PM
I'll say this till I'm blue in the face but I still don't like McGee returning kicks anymore. I know he is great at it but we need him on defense and it isn't worth the injury risk when we have others capable of doing a good job.
I'm confident that if McGee went down Greer would do just fine.