PDA

View Full Version : Video: Top 10 one shot wonders

The Answer
06-05-2008, 12:16 PM
God this makes me want to vomit. I really hope that Trent don't turn out to be anything like this.....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80742f36

~The Answer

RockStar36
06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Although RJ had flashes that made me sort of believe, I have a much better feeling about Sir Trenton the Fifth.

The Answer
06-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Although RJ had flashes that made me sort of believe, I have a much better feeling about Sir Trenton the Fifth.

Me too - the only thing that concerns me is Trent staying healthy because injuries obviously played a major role in RJ's downfall.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
06-05-2008, 12:55 PM
What I hated the most about him is that he'd rather hold on to the ball than take a risk by throwing the ball to his wr's and trust them to make a play.

He'd rather take a stat sack than an incomplete stat.

TacklingDummy
06-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Me too - the only thing that concerns me is Trent staying healthy because injuries obviously played a major role in RJ's downfall.

~The Answer

JP is more like Rob.

-Supposedly moblie
-Rocket arm
-injury prone
-can't read a defense
-Only throw the ball one someone's open by a mile
-everyone elses fault
-Bills trade draft picks to get them
-hold on to the ball too long
-takes to many sacks
-just as many Johnsonites as there are Li***rs

RockStar36
06-05-2008, 12:58 PM
I agree.

I guess my slight support for him was gained when he drove the team down the field against Tennessee missing a shoe. I remember watching that drive and thinking maybe this guy has something. I was obviously way wrong.

RockStar36
06-05-2008, 12:59 PM
JP is more like Rob.

-Supposedly moblie
-Rocket arm
-injury prone
-can't read a defense
-everyone elses fault
-takes to many sacks

-Is mobile
-Does have a rocket arm
-Eh, he did take every snap the season he started so I wouldn't say he is injury prone
-True, can't read a defense
-Not true, he will throw to Evans no matter what.
-It was, but he blew it on his own last season
-True
-True
-I don't remember him taking a ton of sacks

justasportsfan
06-05-2008, 12:59 PM
JP is more like Rob.

-Supposedly moblie
-Rocket arm
-injury prone
-can't read a defense
-everyone elses fault
-takes to many sacks

I might as well take blame for this before the hall monitor snitches on me.

TacklingDummy
06-05-2008, 01:00 PM
I agree.

I guess my slight support for him was gained when he drove the team down the field against Tennessee missing a shoe. I remember watching that drive and thinking maybe this guy has something. I was obviously way wrong.

That was a nice drive. The problem I have is what did he do the other 58 minutes of the game? Not much.

TacklingDummy
06-05-2008, 01:01 PM
-

-Eh, he did take every snap the season he started so I wouldn't say he is injury prone 3 out of 4 years with injuries.

-
-I don't remember him taking a ton of sacks Sarcasm?

BlackMetalNinja
06-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Damn... this thread is about Rob Johnson, not JP, not Trent Edwards, so let's keep it that way. If you guys start in again, I will be issuing points.

The Answer
06-05-2008, 01:03 PM
JP is more like Rob.

-Supposedly moblie
-Rocket arm
-injury prone
-can't read a defense
-everyone elses fault
-takes to many sacks

The scary thing is that he had even better 'stats' than JP.

In fact I believe that RJ has the highest career QB rating in Bills franchise history. Maybe Historian or one of the other stat crunchers on the board can confirm this?

~The Answer

Philagape
06-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Rob Johnson is the poster boy for why pocket presence matters, why mental skill is more important than physical skill, and why stats don't tell the whole story.

justasportsfan
06-05-2008, 01:06 PM
And that is why his QB rating was so high. Even JP would have a higher QB rating if he took more sacks instead of being a turnover machine that he is.

~The Answer
I'd reply to this but I'd be feeding the troll and get blamed by the snitch for starting crap around here.

TacklingDummy
06-05-2008, 01:12 PM
The scary thing is that he had even better 'stats' than JP.

RJ's Bills stats...

30 games
401 Comp.
663 Att.
4798 yards
60.5 Comp. %
27 TDs
17 Ints.
110 Sacks
660 Sack yards.
9 wins as starter if I remember correctly
85.5 QB Rating

JP

37 games
495 Comp
837 Att.
59.1 Comp. %
5627 yards
31 TDs
29 Ints
88 sacks
632 Sack yards
10 wins as starter
77.3 QB Rating

The big difference that I see is sack yards lost. Rob with 22 more sacks was only sacked for 28 more yards.

justasportsfan
06-05-2008, 01:14 PM
:movie:

The Answer
06-05-2008, 01:16 PM
RJ's Bills stats...

30 games
401 Comp.
663 Att.
4798 yards
60.5 Comp. %
27 TDs
17 Ints.
110 Sacks
660 Sack yards.
9 wins as starter if I remember correctly

JP

37 games
495 Comp
837 Att.
59.1 Comp. %
5627 yards
31 TDs
29 Ints
88 sacks
632 Sack yards
10 wins as starter

Wow - Thanks TD I did not realize how much of an RJ clone JP truly is.

No wonder I have tried to black out as many memories from the 1998-2001 and 2004-2007 seasons as possible. Talk about years of my life I'll never be able to get back as a Bills fan.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Damn... this thread is about Rob Johnson, not JP, not Trent Edwards, so let's keep it that way. If you guys start in again, I will be issuing points.
Some people just can't let it go..... It's truly pathetic.

justasportsfan
06-05-2008, 01:31 PM
:movie:

The last buffalo fan
06-05-2008, 01:40 PM
:rofl: "I'd rather have a small Flutie than a big Johnson"

TacklingDummy
06-05-2008, 02:42 PM

:popcorn:

The Jokeman
06-05-2008, 04:24 PM
The only difference one could make between RJ and JP is RJ really never had a chance to develop on the field. As if you look back to 1998 he was showing improved play in his games against St Louis and San Francisco. http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerlog.htm?yr=1998&ilkid=JOHNSROB01
Yet he got injured and the rest as they say is history.

justasportsfan
06-05-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm surprised this JP bashfest is still going. Wait, no I'm not.

I'll be waiting for my next warning .

TacklingDummy
06-05-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm surprised this JP bashfest is still going. Wait, no I'm not.

I'll be waiting for my next warning .

Shhh, don't be talking about the Bills QB on a Bills message board.

Syderick
06-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Doug Flutie was better then Johnson. As for Trent Edwards he should hopefully do a decent job this season.

:gobills:

seanbillsfan
06-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Wow - Thanks TD I did not realize how much of an RJ clone JP truly is.

No wonder I have tried to black out as many memories from the 1998-2001 and 2004-2007 seasons as possible. Talk about years of my life I'll never be able to get back as a Bills fan.

~The Answer
by far your best post EVER

Al the Bills Fan
06-06-2008, 12:59 AM
That was painful to watch! All sorts of bad memories coming back into my mind. I have a feeling that there will never be a video like this about Trent. I don't think he will be a bust, will he be great? We will see, I certainly hope so!

Buffalogic
06-06-2008, 03:37 AM
Man, I was actually laughing while watching that segment. What a colossal mistake pulling Flutie in the midst of that season...They could have been a superbowl team...

Look how effeminate Rob Johnson is in practice..Wow looking back on it now...how the hell did the bills pay that man that much money? I seriously can do nothing but laugh after watching that.

TacklingDummy
06-06-2008, 05:45 AM
Look how effeminate Rob Johnson is in practice..Wow looking back on it now...how the hell did the bills pay that man that much money? I seriously can do nothing but laugh after watching that.

I never understood why Robosack had his flock of fans. It was disgusting.

elltrain22
06-06-2008, 06:09 AM
I love that sign; " I'd rather have a small Flutie, than a Big Johnson" nice

yordad
06-06-2008, 07:47 AM
JP is more like Rob.

-Supposedly moblie
-Rocket arm
-injury prone
-can't read a defense
-everyone elses fault
-takes to many sacks
-just as many Johnsonites as there are Li***rsSo, which is it? Takes too mancy chances, or too few. You JP haters can't have it both ways.

yordad
06-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Rob Johnson is the poster boy for why pocket presence matters, why mental skill is more important than physical skill, and why stats don't tell the whole story.Stats are the product of BOTH. Stats don't tell the WHOLE story. It leaves out midigating circumstance. Like surrounding talent and coaching. BUT, it DOES measure personal production. They have a stat for sacks, you know.

Tell Dan Marino brains are everything.

Philagape
06-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Stats are the product of BOTH. Stats don't tell the WHOLE story. It leaves out midigating circumstance. Like surrounding talent and coaching. BUT, it DOES measure personal production. They have a stat for sacks, you know.

Tell Dan Marino brains are everything.

I haven't told anyone that. See how you twist what I say? All along I've said physical skill is less important than mental skill, but you misrepresent that into me saying physical skill isn't important at all.
What I say could mean that an ideal mental/physical ratio could be 60/40 (and I'm just tossing those numbers out arbitrarily). But you're twisting that into me saying the ratio should be 100/0 ("everything").

Oh, and that's the first time I've ever seen the word sacks in one of your posts. That's progress. :up:

TacklingDummy
06-06-2008, 10:20 AM
So, which is it? Takes too mancy chances, or too few. You JP haters can't have it both ways.

Sorry, I am not allowed to talk about "He Who Must Not Be Named".

The Answer
06-06-2008, 10:50 AM
I never understood why Robosack had his flock of fans. It was disgusting.

I hear you - same thing applies to another Bills QB that seems to have a large fan club of loyal minions. I won't mention his name though because it's considered blasphemy for certain posters here to mention his name.

~The Answer

BlackMetalNinja
06-06-2008, 10:54 AM
I hear you - same thing applies to another Bills QB that seems to have a large fan club of loyal minions. I won't mention his name though because it's considered blasphemy for certain posters here to mention his name.

~The Answer

Sorry, I am not allowed to talk about "He Who Must Not Be Named".

It's not a problem to mention the names... it's a problem to turn every damn thread into a pissing contest about the QBs of this team. Drop it now, or you can both earn some more points since yesterday's warnings don't seem to be enough.

yordad
06-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Sorry, I am not allowed to talk about "He Who Must Not Be Named".Some consistency would be nice.

BlackMetalNinja
06-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Some consistency would be nice.

We've had consistancy... The same few people have consistantly taken over/started numerous threads to have the same never ending arguments. It's driven a way a lot of folks already, I'd rather it not drive away anymore. If those people can't be mature in their discussions and want to endlessly start flame wars, they're going to have to find somewhere else to do it.

The people that wish to talk about the QBs for the most part have nobody to blame but themselves for not being able to do so anymore.

Mr. Cynical
06-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Rob Johnson is the poster boy for why pocket presence matters, why mental skill is more important than physical skill, and why stats don't tell the whole story.

This is why I "think" Trent will succeed. He has those things.

Philagape
06-06-2008, 05:12 PM
This is why I "think" Trent will succeed. He has those things.

LTNS, Cynical!