PDA

View Full Version : Crowell's Agent In Town Today

raphael120
06-05-2008, 01:42 PM
http://buffalonews.typepad.com/billboard/

The agent for Bills linebacker Angelo Crowell, Todd France, was in town today. He took in practice in Ralph Wilson Stadium along with Bills executives Russ Brandon and Jim Overdorf. Like receiver Lee Evans, Crowell is entering the last year of his contract.

RockStar36
06-05-2008, 01:42 PM
:bf1:

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Crowell should be one of our main priorities, he is our leader.

If I have one complaint about the way we're doing business this off-season is that we aren't using the amazing amount of money we have to re-sign our own guys. You HAVE TO keep your homegrown talent.

bigbub2352
06-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Please sign him, u couldnt ask for a better 3rd round pick for a Lber, and he has been durable, and a leader

Get it done

Stop taking a step back every year and sign Evans and Crowell,

RockStar36
06-05-2008, 02:14 PM
I think Crowell would be a huge signing so that it keeps the LB's together for years to come.

justasportsfan
06-05-2008, 02:35 PM
I wish we can lock him up and then Crowell can go to Mitchell and :lolpoint: :meh:

RockStar36
06-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I wish we can lock him up and then Crowell can go to Mitchell and :lolpoint: :meh:

:huh: And then Mitchell would show Crowell his Super Bowl ring...?

patmoran2006
06-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Absolutely.. This is a no brainer. if you want to build a team that's going to contend annually, you MUST keep your best home-grown players.

yordad
06-05-2008, 03:22 PM
I may be getting excited, but I'm noticed a lack of thanks going on in this thread. Sign him, and lets party.

justasportsfan
06-05-2008, 03:34 PM
:huh: And then Mitchell would show Crowell his Super Bowl ring...?
who cares. he has double the salary.

yordad
06-05-2008, 03:35 PM
who cares. he has double the salary.You!! And ME!! And all of us!! And, him!!

justasportsfan
06-05-2008, 04:25 PM
You!! And ME!! And all of us!! And, him!!

you're that rich?

He would be making 1,000,000 X than me.

yordad
06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
you're that rich?

He would be making 1,000,000 X than me.But, would you settle for 500,000 times and a ring? Or better yet, don't you want him to have THE ring?

Night Train
06-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Please don't overpay, ala Kelsay.

patmoran2006
06-05-2008, 05:02 PM
bills.com wouldnt post this unless something was getting ready to go down.

and dont compare crowell to kelsay. Crowell is a playmaker. Im still baffled as to how Kelsay ever got that deal to begin with. Crowell deserves a good deal.

Philagape
06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
They should keep Evans and Peters in mind when deciding how much to offer Crowell. Nothing against Crowell, he's a decent player, but they're higher priorities. I know Peters doesn't absolutely have to be this year, but presumably his contract year would come up during the term of Crowell's deal, therefore they're related in any case.

justasportsfan
06-05-2008, 05:27 PM
But, would you settle for 500,000 times and a ring? Or better yet, don't you want him to have THE ring?
It's not about the ring per se. It's about Crowell most likely making more money than Mitchell, who like you say has a ring.

Mitchell could turn out into another Peters down the road asking for more cash since Kelsay and Schobel got a raise.

yordad
06-05-2008, 06:10 PM
It's not about the ring per se. It's about Crowell most likely making more money than Mitchell, who like you say has a ring.

Mitchell could turn out into another Peters down the road asking for more cash since Kelsay and Schobel got a raise.Actually, you raise a good point. I wonder if a guy would take half the money to win a SB if it was for sure.

The Spaz
06-05-2008, 06:35 PM
bills.com wouldnt post this unless something was getting ready to go down.

and dont compare crowell to kelsay. Crowell is a playmaker. Im still baffled as to how Kelsay ever got that deal to begin with. Crowell deserves a good deal.

This isn't from bb.com.

Dr. Lecter
06-05-2008, 06:45 PM
They should keep Evans and Peters in mind when deciding how much to offer Crowell. Nothing against Crowell, he's a decent player, but they're higher priorities. I know Peters doesn't absolutely have to be this year, but presumably his contract year would come up during the term of Crowell's deal, therefore they're related in any case.

Evans yes, Peters no.

They need to get Evans now. Peters can wait until next year or during the season. Since there will be big change in the CBA, cap, contracts, etc. when Peters deal is up, trying to speculate now is pointless. Get Crowell taken care of and worry about the future in the future.

Philagape
06-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Evans yes, Peters no.

They need to get Evans now. Peters can wait until next year or during the season. Since there will be big change in the CBA, cap, contracts, etc. when Peters deal is up, trying to speculate now is pointless. Get Crowell taken care of and worry about the future in the future.

I just don't want to hear that it'll be hard to sign Peters because they gave Crowell too much.

Dr. Lecter
06-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I just don't want to hear that it'll be hard to sign Peters because they gave Crowell too much.

Understood. But three years is a long time. I would rather get Crowell signed so we don't have two years of no Crowell and lose Peters anyway. Or have him regress so he is not worth money. Or sign him and them say "Gee, we could have signed Angelo."

The negatives of prospecting outweigh the cautiousnes of letting him go.

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 06:54 PM
LT & OLB are complete opposites when it comes to how they are paid though. Now if you compare him to Dockery you might be on to something.

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Here's an idea, we have the money, why don't we just sign Evans, Peters, and Crowell to an extension and get it over with.

clumping platelets
06-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Git-r done

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Git-r done
What do you estimate we'd have left after signing the three? If Jerry can get all these players signed with his crappy cap number surely we can do the same with our grand cap number.

acehole
06-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Actually, you raise a good point. I wonder if a guy would take half the money to win a SB if it was for sure.

Get crowell done now...evans will decide at the end of the year....peters first priority begining of next year....

Crowell thing is good news to keep lynch stuff off the top..

ddaryl
06-06-2008, 12:14 PM
good to see the Bills brass trying to use that excess cap money.

Evans Crowell and Peters all deserve raises and to be locked up long term...

Peters deserves an upgrade based off of the fact that probowl caliber LT's are the key to any successful playoff team.