PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Banks

BADTHINGSMAN
06-05-2008, 03:05 PM
First the surveyer F'd up and that took an extra week, so we get a call today that its done properly and closing was set for tomorrow.. We just get a call from HSBC that we need to take an online class/test about owning a house(HSBC couldnt have done this earlier:mad:)and to top it off every part of the test has to have atleast 80% correct or the closing gets delayed..

:madcurse: :mad:

BlackMetalNinja
06-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Trust me... it could be worse. I was on the brink of having my loan yanked out from underneath me today, and it's still a bit up in the air.

RockStar36
06-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Ah, I think this is one of many reasons why I may not be owning a house in the future.

BlackMetalNinja
06-05-2008, 03:21 PM
You wouldn't believe the stupid ass things that can mess the process up.

Dude
06-05-2008, 03:24 PM
We just get a call from HSBC that we need to take an online class/test about owning a house(HSBC couldnt have done this earlier:mad:)and to top it off every part of the test has to have atleast 80% correct or the closing gets delayed..The good news is all you need to have kids is sperm and eggs. :up:

mybills
06-05-2008, 04:30 PM
When did they start making people take tests? That's too funny!

BlackMetalNinja
06-05-2008, 04:32 PM
When did they start making people take tests? That's too funny!

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that foreclosures were up 75% last year and are still rising now? I don't know, I don't have to take one, but maybe they need to start making sure people are a little more financially responsible before buying homes? :idunno:

mybills
06-05-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm sure that's the reason, it still sounds funny.

BADTHINGSMAN
06-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that foreclosures were up 75% last year and are still rising now? I don't know, I don't have to take one, but maybe they need to start making sure people are a little more financially responsible before buying homes? :idunno:

Thats exactly what the Bank lady said.. My credit is great, all loans Ive ever had have been paid off with no late charges.. I make more then enough to pay the monthly payments.. Im not so much pissed about the test as I am the timing of it..

Discotrish
06-05-2008, 06:30 PM
We just get a call from HSBC that we need to take an online class/test about owning a house(HSBC couldnt have done this earlier:mad:)and to top it off every part of the test has to have atleast 80% correct or the closing gets delayed..

:madcurse: :mad:

A test? Is this like a poll tax, or more similar to Pre Cana?

Patti

BADTHINGSMAN
06-05-2008, 06:38 PM
A test? Is this like a poll tax, or more similar to Pre Cana?

Patti
Its like a Mortgage test, HSBC said that they are going to start doing this more often.. I think its something that could be done after they aprove your loan request, not 5 months later..