PDA

View Full Version : DA says Lynch was in the car

Philagape
06-05-2008, 07:02 PM
D.A.: Bills' Lynch in vehicle at time of accident
By JOHN WAWROW
AP Sports Writer
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - Erie County District Attorney Frank Clark calls Bills running back Marshawn Lynch the "principal suspect" in an alleged hit-and-run accident, saying the player was inside his vehicle when it struck and injured a pedestrian.
What's unclear, Clark said Thursday, is whether Lynch was driving the 2008 Porsche SUV when it struck a woman crossing an intersection in downtown Buffalo before speeding off early Saturday.
"There were other people in the car, too, (Lynch) wasn't the only person in the car," Clark told The Associated Press. "I don't know whether he was driving that car or not. But I'm confident that before the investigation ends, we're going to find out, whether he talks to us or whether he doesn't."
Raising the possibility that those passengers might include Lynch's teammates, Clark warned it would be important for them to step forward.
"I'm not saying how we know it or who they are, but they know who they are, so we'll just see how this plays out," Clark said.

VeggieMan14
06-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I bet its a scare tactic

W1DER1GHT
06-05-2008, 07:14 PM
I bet its a scare tactic

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Mitchy moo
06-05-2008, 07:17 PM
He's fishing.

Philagape
06-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Full story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-lynchaccident&prov=ap&type=lgns

Cntrygal
06-05-2008, 07:29 PM
"I'm not saying how we know it or who they are, but they know who they are, so we'll just see how this plays out," Clark said.

I bet I get better results when I stare at my airmen and say, "is there something you want to tell me?".

feldspar
06-05-2008, 07:33 PM
This doesn't sound like a scare tactic to me.

Check this out:

Two Sources involved in the investigation tell Two On Your Side that a witness has placed Bills Running Back Marshawn Lynch behind the wheel of his S.U.V. at the time of a hit-and-run accident early Saturday morning.

A source who asked not to be identified tells Channel 2 that investigators have four witnesses that say Lynch was driving.

This, too:

District Attorney Frank Clark tells Two On Your Side they now have evidence that Marshawn Lynch was on Chippewa Street the same night as the hit and run accident occured.

Sorry, but it's looking more and more like Lynch did it.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=58323

Mitchy moo
06-05-2008, 08:05 PM

They are who they say they are......

Typ0
06-05-2008, 08:09 PM
if I was an investigator I would check out the GPS information on the entire bills rosters cell phones. Not too hard to do. Could spell quite a bit of trouble. If there were other players in the car this could get real ugly.

Michael82
06-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Sorry, but witnesses or no witnesses, what kind of proof does he have? I don't believe it and I believe that they are just trying to scare a confession out of him.

Ed
06-05-2008, 08:21 PM
if I was an investigator I would check out the GPS information on the entire bills rosters cell phones. Not too hard to do. Could spell quite a bit of trouble. If there were other players in the car this could get real ugly.
I was gonna say, the fact that there are possibly more players involved now is the most disturbing part of this article.

With how well things have been going so far and the importance of this season, this is really the last thing we needed.

Michael82
06-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I was gonna say, the fact that there are possibly more players involved now is the most disturbing part of this article.

With how well things have been going so far and the importance of this season, this is really the last thing we needed.
Agreed. But again...what kind of proof do they have that more players were with him? :scratch:

raphael120
06-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Seriously...all this optimism is going down the ****ter if we're going to be without our running back for a handful of games. That and Hardy...his ass better stay out of trouble along with the rest of our roster.

Philagape
06-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Watch, it'll be Lynch, Peters, Evans and Hardy :hang:

Ed
06-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Agreed. But again...what kind of proof do they have that more players were with him? :scratch:
I don't know, but I don't think it would be hard for a few people to recognize a group of Bills players climbing into a $100k+ car on Friday night downtown.

feldspar
06-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Sorry, but witnesses or no witnesses, what kind of proof does he have? I don't believe it and I believe that they are just trying to scare a confession out of him.

That's what you hope in your heart. Reality says something different.

The police would never PUBLICLY declare that they have witnesses that they don't have in such a high profile case...if they don't make an arrest, they would look absolutely terrible.

If they were trying to force a confession through deception, they would do so privately, not through the media. If their supposed witnesses were a bluff, they could wind up with some serious egg on their face...publicly. Their reputation could take a serious hit, and I don't think they would risk that.

The proof that they have is Marshawn's vehicle as well. Face it; it's looking more and more like Lynch is the culprit...he was probably legally drunk as well. I would be very surprised at this point if they don't charge with this.

Typ0
06-05-2008, 08:41 PM

they would only have to establish that the players had their cell phones...which could easily be done especially if someone was on the phone at the time. the car probably has onstar and they could determine that any number of cell phones were in the same location as the car at any given time.

Typ0
06-05-2008, 08:43 PM
it was his car. he was in it. he was driving. they probably located his phone with his car and he had a conversation while he was in the car on the car phone or his cell phone. it's not looking good for ML. Let's hope he doesn't go to jail. This is going to hurt.

Michael82
06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Seriously...all this optimism is going down the ****ter if we're going to be without our running back for a handful of games. That and Hardy...his ass better stay out of trouble along with the rest of our roster.

I agree. All the optimism for the season has gone down the ****ter. I really am getting ill at hearing all this stuff about Lynch and the more I hear, the more I believe he's guilty. But I still don't want to believe it.

Watch, it'll be Lynch, Peters, Evans and Hardy :hang:

I'm concerned with who else was with him. The players never go out alone. I wouldn't be surprised if Evans and Peters were with him. Hell, even Trent Edwards, Aaron Schobel, Paul Posluszny, could have been in the car. :ill: :nervous:

I don't know, but I don't think it would be hard for a few people to recognize a group of Bills players climbing into a $100k+ car on Friday night downtown.

Good point. But if you were at those clubs/bars...wouldn't you have kept your mouth shut? I know I would have. :ill:

That's what you hope in your heart. Reality says something different.

The police would never PUBLICLY declare that they have witnesses that they don't have in such a high profile case...if they don't make an arrest, they would look absolutely terrible.

If they were trying to force a confession through deception, they would do so privately, not through the media. If their supposed witnesses were a bluff, they could wind up with some serious egg on their face...publicly. Their reputation could take a serious hit, and I don't think they would risk that.

The proof that they have is Marshawn's vehicle as well. Face it; it's looking more and more like Lynch is the culprit...he was probably legally drunk as well. I would be very surprised at this point if they don't charge with this.

The reality is that Marshawn Lynch is as guilty as sin, or else another Bills player was driving and it's even worse. Either way, the more this drags on, the worse it looks. :ill: :scared:

Michael82
06-05-2008, 08:53 PM
they would only have to establish that the players had their cell phones...which could easily be done especially if someone was on the phone at the time. the car probably has onstar and they could determine that any number of cell phones were in the same location as the car at any given time.
If that's the case, maybe Marshawn will just plead guilty next week to protect any other Bills players that may have been in the car. :ill:

Buffatexas
06-05-2008, 09:15 PM
could it be possible that this witness was under the influence as well? Honestly, what makes lynch stand out is his hair, and mind you Steven Jackson has a similar hair style and probably a lot of folks do as well.