PDA

View Full Version : Witnesses say Lynch was behind the wheel

kinigirly
06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
"Sources involved in the investigation tell Two On Your Side that a witness has placed Bills Running Back Marshawn Lynch behind the wheel of his S.U.V. at the time of a hit-and-run accident early Saturday morning."

www.wgrz.com (http://www.wgrz.com)

WTF!! :ill:

Michael82
06-05-2008, 08:55 PM
****! Say it ain't so, Marshawn! Of all players...why the **** did you have to do this? :mad:

:puke:

THATHURMANATOR
06-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Dirty rat witness. We need to take this person out.

Michael82
06-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm with you man! This person is definitely not a Bills fan. :ill:

Don't Panic
06-05-2008, 09:05 PM
If he did it, then let his punishment come. The rule of life is that there are consequences for our actions... let it be. I for one feel OK going into the season with Jackson, Wright and Omon. That may be naive, but I think that can be a pretty capable bunch... especially if it only has to last 4 games. No one will see that crew coming. The key, as it would be with Lynch in the lineup, is that the OLine opens up holes.

Typ0
06-05-2008, 09:07 PM

so basically you are saying that it's OK he ran somebody over and left them there to die.

Typ0
06-05-2008, 09:08 PM
If he did it, then let his punishment come. The rule of life is that there are consequences for our actions... let it be. I for one feel OK going into the season with Jackson, Wright and Omon. That may be naive, but I think that can be a pretty capable bunch... especially if it only has to last 4 games. No one will see that crew coming. The key, as it would be with Lynch in the lineup, is that the OLine opens up holes.

I think it has more to do with the time and effort put into Lynch and that we now have to get another running back because he's going to be in jail for a while.

THATHURMANATOR
06-05-2008, 09:09 PM
I can hear you on the first point but please don't be OK with going into season with Jackson(smallish 3rd down back) Wright (proved he sucked last season) and Omon(DII player). If Lynch misses significant time our season is yet again screwed from the get go.

kinigirly
man if its true, he's ****ed, we're ****ed. you'd think by now i'd learn to not be optimistic about the upcoming season :rolleyes:

THATHURMANATOR
I think it has more to do with the time and effort put into Lynch and that we now have to get another running back because he's going to be in jail for a while.
Do you really think he will go to jail for bumping some drunk broad? Sure Goodell will suspend him I am sure but jail?

JJamezz
06-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm not buying it.. The police are pissed he hasn't talked to them and they're using typical scare tactics. If they had a credible (or real) witness, they'd have taken Lynch into custody.

THATHURMANATOR
06-05-2008, 09:11 PM
so basically you are saying that it's OK he ran somebody over and left them there to die.
Typo lets not be overly dramatic here. The girl had minor injuries which tells me she was barely bumped. Was it a completely dirtbag move not stop yes, but lets not make out like she was ran over and left for dead.

Mitchy moo

There is nothing to say who "he" is. We do not know who was driving.

THATHURMANATOR
I'm not buying it.. The police are pissed he hasn't talked to them and they're using typical scare tactics. If they had a credible (or real) witness, they'd have taken Lynch into custody.
I hope.

THATHURMANATOR
06-05-2008, 09:12 PM
man if its true, he's ****ed, we're ****ed. you'd think by now i'd learn to not be optimistic about the upcoming season :rolleyes:
Seriously.

Michael82
06-05-2008, 09:16 PM
no, but why do people feel compelled to squeal on him like a rat? Come on! It's not like the girl is hurt or anything.

Michael82
06-05-2008, 09:19 PM
I can hear you on the first point but please don't be OK with going into season with Jackson(smallish 3rd down back) Wright (proved he sucked last season) and Omon(DII player). If Lynch misses significant time our season is yet again screwed from the get go.

If Lynch misses a lot of time, we are definitely screwed. Jackson is good for a change of pace back, but there's no way he can be our star RB. Wright was horrible last year. And Omon is a rookie that the Bills got late in the 2nd day. :ill: Maybe we could sign Kevin Jones or Shaun Alexander or even Travis Henry. But if Lynch is in jail and/or suspended for more than 2 games, we are definitely in trouble.

I know. It sucks, doesn't it. :( :ill:

Michael82
06-05-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm as optimistic as they come, but man...I'm nervous as hell with this. It definitely does not look good for Lynch. :ill:

Bill Brasky
06-05-2008, 09:28 PM

:rofl:

Jeff1220
06-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I love to talk sports, and football in particular, with all my friends/relatives. Living in Baltimore, nobody has mentioned this to me yet...and I have def not brought it up. Right now I'm very embarrassed by this.
On top of that, I'm seeing a promising season slip away quickly. I would like to hope that the promise Jackson showed last season comes through to be a surprise star, but it's a long shot. Of all the players on the team to do this, Lynch and Peters are probably the most indispensable. We need him in the lineup and it looks as though he screwed up big time.
Lynch is a player that fans and media alike have embraced, but if he did it, F- him.

Bmax
06-05-2008, 09:36 PM
When this is all decided he will pay a fine and maybe get his license suspended. Plus pay out for injuries via insurance, or out of pocket. The may suspended him for a pre season game, but nothing more than that. No jail time.At worst probation. Nothing more. Her injuries were not very serious. The character damage could take sometime to heal. But if he makes a public statement of apology then the healing with the victim and the community can begin.

Bmax

feelthepain
06-05-2008, 09:52 PM
****! Say it ain't so, Marshawn! Of all players...why the **** did you have to do this? :mad:

Innocent till proven guilty!

hydro
06-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Even FTP calls mikey out on overreaction... :cynic:

Romes
06-05-2008, 10:01 PM
I hope they either file some charges or drop this thing soon. They keep announcing to the media all the evidence they have but they aren't doing anything with it.

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I'd be willing to bet that he won't see a second of jail time.

Goobylal
06-05-2008, 10:11 PM
He won't see jail time. I can guarantee that.

Michael82
06-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Even FTP calls mikey out on overreaction... :cynic:
I'm sorry, but it doesn't look good right now. I would be thrilled if he didn't do it, but right now...it looks like he's so damn guilty.

Romes
06-05-2008, 10:17 PM

I doubt it, too.

When Moss intentially hit that traffic cop he got a fine and some community service.

Michael82
06-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I hope they either file some charges or drop this thing soon. They keep announcing to the media all the evidence they have but they aren't doing anything with it.
That's the only thing that makes me optimistic. If they really have a reliable witness, they would have brought him in for questioning by now.

Michael82
06-05-2008, 10:18 PM
I doubt it, too.

When Moss intentially hit that traffic cop he got a fine and some community service.
true, but it wasn't a hit and run. :(

Romes
06-05-2008, 10:22 PM
true, but it wasn't a hit and run. :(

They did originally charge him with assualt with a deadly weapon. Moss then pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges.

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 10:24 PM
I'd be shocked if he even got any kind of suspension.

Michael82
06-05-2008, 10:32 PM
I'd be shocked if he even got any kind of suspension.
Knowing Roger Goodell, he'll probably give him a 2 or 4 game suspension, as long as Lynch comes forward. Most likely 2 game.

feelthepain
06-05-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm sorry, but it doesn't look good right now. I would be thrilled if he didn't do it, but right now...it looks like he's so damn guilty.

I understand your concern, but there's a big difference between guilty and presumed guilty.

X-Era
06-05-2008, 10:34 PM

Who gives a ****, he apparently "bumped" someone who was later released with minor injuries. Who the **** cares, he didnt kill anyone.

X-Era
06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Just found this comment and it is MONEY!

Since all of WNY is in the business of making assumptions about this incident, let’s also assume:
1. The reason the woman was not seriously injured is because the car was being operated in a responsible manner and driving at an appropriate speed. There’s nothing “lucky” about it.

2. The reason the woman was hit in the first place is because she was drunk (not uncommon for pedestrians on Chippewa at 3am) and walked (or fell) into the path of moving vehicle against a light or while not in a crosswalk.

That’s not an excuse for leaving the scene of an accident, but let’s not get confused here. People die in hit-and-run accidents caused entirely by reckless, dangerous and criminal driving (not so much in Buffalo, but in NYC/LI it happens all too frequently) and the police basically say there’s nothing they can do about it. In Buffalo the police are making a spectacle over an incident where no one was hurt and pedestrian was probably the one who caused the accident. It’s embarrassing, really.
But then again this post, like everything else about this case, is pure speculation.

feelthepain
06-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Who gives a ****, he apparently "bumped" someone who was later released with minor injuries. Who the **** cares, he didnt kill anyone.

I don't think killing someone and not killing someone is the point. Obviously it's good no one died, but we are a society of facing your demons and moving forward. "IF" Lynch is guilty, people want him to admit it and move on. This country has a real problem with lies, cheating and those that skirt the system. This country is far more forgiving those that admit they do wrong then those that try to cover it up. Now I'm not saying Lynch did any of this, just talking about the real issues at hand.

feelthepain
06-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Just found this comment and it is MONEY!

Since all of WNY is in the business of making assumptions about this incident, let’s also assume:
1. The reason the woman was not seriously injured is because the car was being operated in a responsible manner and driving at an appropriate speed. There’s nothing “lucky” about it.

2. The reason the woman was hit in the first place is because she was drunk (not uncommon for pedestrians on Chippewa at 3am) and walked (or fell) into the path of moving vehicle against a light or while not in a crosswalk.

That’s not an excuse for leaving the scene of an accident, but let’s not get confused here. People die in hit-and-run accidents caused entirely by reckless, dangerous and criminal driving (not so much in Buffalo, but in NYC/LI it happens all too frequently) and the police basically say there’s nothing they can do about it. In Buffalo the police are making a spectacle over an incident where no one was hurt and pedestrian was probably the one who caused the accident. It’s embarrassing, really.
But then again this post, like everything else about this case, is pure speculation.

You make valid points, but leaving the scene, is just as bad as anything else. Myabe Lynch was drunk also, just looking at this from both sides.

paladin warrior
06-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Does he going to jail?? I hope not.. He very good running back and ran fast like a squirrel.. better than McGahee

zone
06-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Maybe whoever was behind the wheel had no clue they hit anything or anyone, whoever was driving was probably blasting a premium stereo in a premium car that is silent inside and built to block out noise from outside?

You’ve never been driving and heard some noise and thought what the heck was that? Even if you were to look back after hearing a noise the turn was a left hand turn the girl could have been laying in the street and not been seen on a glance back. Every time you hear a noise or hit one of the thousand “potholes” (more like craters) in WNY do you stop, pull over and check to make sure no one is lying on the ground? Give me a break…

For all we know Lynch or whoever was driving went home not knowing anything happened.

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Maybe whoever was behind the wheel had no clue they hit anything or anyone, whoever was driving was probably blasting a premium stereo in a premium car that is silent inside and built to block out noise from outside?

You’ve never been driving and heard some noise and thought what the heck was that? Even if you were to look back after hearing a noise the turn was a left hand turn the girl could have been laying in the street and not been seen on a glance back. Every time you hear a noise or hit one of the thousand “potholes” (more like craters) in WNY do you stop, pull over and check to make sure no one is lying on the ground? Give me a break…

For all we know Lynch or whoever was driving went home not knowing anything happened.

In potholes, your car sinks, running over someone your car rises

TacklingDummy
06-05-2008, 11:26 PM

Kind of hard to tell them apart when you are hammered.

kinigirly
06-05-2008, 11:28 PM
if he was driving, homeboy needs to spend more time at dave & busters on those racing games. i'm assuming he must stick to the bar and skeeball

LtFinFan66
06-05-2008, 11:32 PM
The lack of serious injury is moot in this case. The leaving the scene/hit & run part will screw him if he indeed does get screwed.

My opinion (Local court) : Fine, pay doctor bills, MAYBE some community service

My Opinion (NFL): Will have the watchful eye of the Commish watching very closely. I doubt he gets suspended

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Kind of hard to tell them apart when you are hammered.

zone
06-05-2008, 11:58 PM
If someone was run over like a speed bump by an SUV there would be a little more than “minor injures”.

Romes
06-06-2008, 01:05 AM
Does he going to jail?? I hope not.. He very good running back and ran fast like a squirrel.. better than McGahee

:bf1: :10:

Buffalogic
06-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Lynch, or whoever was driving for that matter, didn't 'run over' anyone.

Jan Reimers
06-06-2008, 04:45 AM
Just saw on ESPN that Lynch is now the "principal suspect" in the case, according to the Erie County DA. So the net is closing.

zone
06-06-2008, 05:07 AM
http://www.rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?ID=61874&rnews_story_type=18

Typ0
06-06-2008, 05:10 AM
some of you people are nuts. ML did not stop to see the condition of the person he hit so how was he supposed to know she was OK? It's just the same as leaving someone for dead. He's a jerk.

TedMock
06-06-2008, 05:52 AM
Typo lets not be overly dramatic here. The girl had minor injuries which tells me she was barely bumped. Was it a completely dirtbag move not stop yes, but lets not make out like she was ran over and left for dead.

If he did it and knew he did it, I have a problem. If he didn't do it or did it without realizing it, then he's owed a lot of apologies. I have a feeling it's going to come out as the last one. I got pulled over once and sreamed at by a police officer for knocking down a wooden work horse. He saw me do it, yelled at me for not having the decency to pull over, etc. I had no idea that I did it! I'm sitting there thinking this guy is on crack. Unfortunately, my sister was following me in her car and also saw me do it. we laughed later, but I couldn"t hep but think "what if that had been a person?" scary.

Dr. Lecter
06-06-2008, 06:03 AM
some of you people are nuts. ML did not stop to see the condition of the person he hit so how was he supposed to know she was OK? It's just the same as leaving someone for dead. He's a jerk.

If he did it is a terrible thing.

It is not the same as leaving somebody for dead.

The over-reaction and under-reaction by people is tiresome.

TacklingDummy
06-06-2008, 06:06 AM

Only because the person didn't die.

So he would have stopped if he knew she was dead?

Dr. Lecter
06-06-2008, 06:07 AM
The difference is bumping somebody and splattering somebody.

TacklingDummy
06-06-2008, 06:11 AM
If he did it and knew he did it, I have a problem. If he didn't do it or did it without realizing it, then he's owed a lot of apologies. I have a feeling it's going to come out as the last one.

Of course it will. He'll say he didn't know he hit someone. It will be :bs: but nobody can prove it. Unless there was someone in the car with him. Which according to that article one of his teammates might have been in the car with him.

elltrain22
06-06-2008, 06:13 AM
We barely know anything about this incident. All we have is a bunch of speculation, and more than anything, we have alot of people jumping to conclusions. Let us please wait this thing out, then we can pass judgement.

TacklingDummy
06-06-2008, 06:13 AM
The difference is bumping somebody and splattering somebody.

Bumps don't cause a trip to the hospital and stitches. Lynch is just lucky the outcome wasn't worse.

The lady he hit should be a rich woman pretty soon.

BAM
06-06-2008, 06:14 AM
CRAP.

mybills
06-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Bumps don't cause a trip to the hospital and stitches.

But what else could?
How 'bout this scenario..

Woman: :blah: :curse: :fit:
Lynch: I'm outta here. (puts car in drive) woman jumps out of way and cuts herself falling down drunk.
Woman: Oh that bastard, I'll get even with him. (picks herself up and walks away claiming it was a hit n run.)

jamze132
06-06-2008, 06:34 AM

Jan Reimers
06-06-2008, 06:36 AM
We barely know anything about this incident. All we have is a bunch of speculation, and more than anything, we have alot of people jumping to conclusions. Let us please wait this thing out
On THIS board?

jamze132
06-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Worst case scenario I think Lynch has to pay som fines, get some probation, and change some diapers at a nursing home.

On another note, why the hell hasn't the "victim" said much about what happened? Did she get a lawyer, and if so is it Marshawn's lawyer? lol She wasn't seriously injured so I am willing to bet she was toasted as well.

I honestly don't think this whole episode is really going to effect the Bills on the field. I don't see him being suspended, but if so, it will be relatively short.

Hit n' runs are bad except in baseball...

justasportsfan
06-06-2008, 08:04 AM

Especially if they are falsely ratting you out and the authorities actually believe the rodent.

Bill Brasky
06-06-2008, 08:05 AM

i hope he responds to your inquiry mikey...

justasportsfan
06-06-2008, 08:07 AM
i hope he responds to your inquiry mikey...
Chris Brown should at some point. He lurks here.

Bill Brasky
06-06-2008, 08:08 AM
i hope the cops poke as many holes into this "witness" deposition as they will with marshawn's alibi. he/she was most likely drunk as well.

DMBcrew36
06-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Lynch needs to stop gettin so hyphy downtown. But I think this will all work out and we'll be fine

Mr. Miyagi
06-06-2008, 08:28 AM
What punishment did Randy Moss get for running over the meter maid?

THATHURMANATOR
06-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Not much but I don't think he left the scene.

Mike13
06-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Do you really think he will go to jail for bumping some drunk broad?

How do we know she was drunk? Lets wait for all the facts to come out.

I'm just glad no one was hurt.

Mahdi
06-06-2008, 09:41 AM
I bet no one saw Ernest Graham coming last year and he had a great year in TB. Selvin Young also had a great year for Denver and Grant tore it up for GB. These guys were nobodies this time last year and now they are all starting RBs. If the OL blocks, Jackson (who already proved he can handle the load) Wright and Omon can be effective.

THATHURMANATOR
06-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Yes it is possible but I am not confident in it though.

Typ0
06-06-2008, 10:12 AM

I have to disagree. He did not stop to see the status of the victim. How was he to know how badly she, for example, hit her head? How much of a blow to the head can a person take from a motor vehicle? If she had been seriously injured he still would not have stopped. This is exactly the same as leaving someone for dead.

Typ0
06-06-2008, 10:15 AM
We barely know anything about this incident. All we have is a bunch of speculation, and more than anything, we have alot of people jumping to conclusions. Let us please wait this thing out, then we can pass judgement.

there are some facts here:

Woman was hit by a vehicle that left the scene.
that vehicle belonged to ML.
ML has not denied the allegations that he was driving.

Sorry, but there are some things that are clear and one of them is ML has some heavy responsibility in this matter.

Typ0
06-06-2008, 10:16 AM
On THIS board?

don't go flaming things up Jan!

TacklingDummy
06-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I bet no one saw Ernest Graham coming last year and he had a great year in TB. Selvin Young also had a great year for Denver and Grant tore it up for GB. These guys were nobodies this time last year and now they are all starting RBs. If the OL blocks, Jackson (who already proved he can handle the load) Wright and Omon can be effective.

Agreed. Look at Emmit Smith, Adrian Peterson, Travis Taylor.

That's why I never like drafting a RB early in the draft. If the linemen block almost any RB could look good.

TacklingDummy
06-06-2008, 10:18 AM
But what else could?
How 'bout this scenario..

Woman: :blah: :curse: :fit:
Lynch: I'm outta here. (puts car in drive) woman jumps out of way and cuts herself falling down drunk.
Woman: Oh that bastard, I'll get even with him. (picks herself up and walks away claiming it was a hit n run.)

Wasn't the car damaged?

Tatonka
06-06-2008, 10:31 AM

if it means we win a superbowl.

:couch:

imbondz
06-06-2008, 10:39 AM
I have to disagree. He did not stop to see the status of the victim. How was he to know how badly she, for example, hit her head? How much of a blow to the head can a person take from a motor vehicle? If she had been seriously injured he still would not have stopped. This is exactly the same as leaving someone for dead.

100% agree.

imbondz
06-06-2008, 10:40 AM

100% agree

THATHURMANATOR
06-06-2008, 10:41 AM

:hi5:

blackonyx89
06-06-2008, 10:43 AM
What a soap opera! They should call this "As the Steering Wheel Turns"!
:drive:

Voltron
06-06-2008, 10:46 AM
You make valid points, but leaving the scene, is just as bad as anything else. Myabe Lynch was drunk also, just looking at this from both sides.
I would take a "leaving the scene of an accident" over a DWI anyday! :idunno:

Voltron
06-06-2008, 10:48 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/125/331634958_387617c29f.jpg

JerseyBoofaloBills
06-06-2008, 11:32 AM

ehh, you dont know that at all..how can you say that you for a fact would know he wouldnt stop..were you in the car with him an did he say, man if i was going 80 i still wouldnt have stopped..i just think marshawn knew he wasnt going fast an was just drunk and wasnt thinking..give or take its still a terrible thing, but we dont even know so..we'll just wait an see what happens.

patmoran2006
06-06-2008, 11:40 AM
There is a DWI law in effect for many reasons, none more so than the fact they are to prevent potential accidents; such as drivers hitting poles, parked cars, moving cars, or worst of all--pedestrians.

Typ0
06-06-2008, 12:04 PM
ehh, you dont know that at all..how can you say that you for a fact would know he wouldnt stop..were you in the car with him an did he say, man if i was going 80 i still wouldnt have stopped..i just think marshawn knew he wasnt going fast an was just drunk and wasnt thinking..give or take its still a terrible thing, but we dont even know so..we'll just wait an see what happens.

what difference does the speed make? He did not know the condition of the victim. He did not stop. Wrong answer.

Typ0
06-06-2008, 12:06 PM

very true. And it's not unreasonable to make excuses here ... you just had an accident. There is a lot of trauma involved. You aren't exactly thinking rationally.

JerseyBoofaloBills
06-06-2008, 12:43 PM
what difference does the speed make? He did not know the condition of the victim. He did not stop. Wrong answer.

wrong answer?

i forgot you declare whats a good answer and bad answer..you know everything right? then who was driving the car? how fast was he going?

JerseyBoofaloBills
06-06-2008, 12:49 PM

how do you know that when he hit her..that she got up right in front of him and he just took off..Maybe he did know her health..i mean if she got up an then he took off..he mustve knew she was ok right? am i right with that, or is that a wrong answer too..you're just jumping on this **** like you know everything about what happened when you dont..so dont go saying that it was a wrong answer, its my opinon.

Typ0
06-06-2008, 01:27 PM
wrong answer?

i forgot you declare whats a good answer and bad answer..you know everything right? then who was driving the car? how fast was he going?

I was saying that the person who drove away clearly had the wrong answer to the situation. I don't know who was driving the car but I can gather right now that ML was in the car and the speed of the vehicle that hit her is irrelevant.

Typ0
06-06-2008, 01:28 PM
how do you know that when he hit her..that she got up right in front of him and he just took off..Maybe he did know her health..i mean if she got up an then he took off..he mustve knew she was ok right? am i right with that, or is that a wrong answer too..you're just jumping on this **** like you know everything about what happened when you dont..so dont go saying that it was a wrong answer, its my opinon.

there were initial witness accounts that when the ambulance arrived she was still lying on the ground.

RockStar36
06-06-2008, 02:31 PM
there were initial witness accounts that when the ambulance arrived she was still lying on the ground.

The same reports that said she laid there for 15 minutes and when the ambulance came she got up and walked over to it?

RockStar36
06-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Something someone else brought up that I thought was interesting--

If he knowingly hit someone, took off, and went home...why would he leave his car in the driveway in plain sight. Not saying I would do the same thing in regards to a hit and run but in a hypothetical situation I would hide the car for sure. I have a hard time believing he is that dumb.

raphael120
06-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I still hold on to the belief that the crazy CFL-supporting Torontonian was trying to cash in on a huge payday and discourage the NFL to come to Canada. Hey it's Marshawn Lynch, I'm gonna jump out in front of his car and screw the Bills big time! That'll teach em to mess with the CFL!!!!!

mybills
06-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Wasn't the car damaged?
Probably a cracked parking light, which she could have smacked with her purse. Some women have the kitchen sink in theirs. :;

DrGraves
06-06-2008, 03:47 PM
here comes a 3-13 season baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

KO1
06-06-2008, 03:50 PM
I hate coming on billszone and bb.com now cause all these threads just piss me off so much....so it aint so marshawn

Typ0
06-06-2008, 05:16 PM
The same reports that said she laid there for 15 minutes and when the ambulance came she got up and walked over to it?

yes...car hits body...body lies on ground...car drives away. the facts are pretty simple.

RockStar36
06-06-2008, 05:24 PM
yes...car hits body...body lies on ground...car drives away. the facts are pretty simple.

My point is that she layed there injured for a whole 15 minutes and then magically just got up and walked over to the ambulance.

!Papacrunk!
06-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm no legal beagle, but do the officers have to send a special written invitation to bring him in for questioning? Even if he's innocent through and through, I don't get why they're waiting on him and his attorney. Forgive me if I'm being completely dense.

SeatownBillsFan21
06-06-2008, 05:48 PM
we should sing shaun Alexander 1 year deal at the min.

gr8slayer
06-06-2008, 05:50 PM
we should sing shaun Alexander 1 year deal at the min.
Fred Jackson > Shaun Alexander

SeatownBillsFan21
06-06-2008, 05:50 PM
yeah

Buffalogic
06-06-2008, 06:11 PM
This is from an atricle on NFL.com.

This is the title:
District attorney: Bills' Lynch driving vehicle at time of accident

Then the article further goes on to say this...

"We're proceeding on the assumption that Lynch was driving the car,"

And then this...

Clark made his new assertion based on the vehicle being owned by Lynch and that the player was spotted that night in the bar district near the accident scene. And he noted that police located the vehicle -- with damage linking it to the collision -- parked in the player's driveway later that morning.

"So, the logical presumption is that he was driving the car," Clark said.

That is the most bogus and ridiculous thing I have ever heard...In bold letters they say Lynch was driving, then later in the article all it says is more of the same, that they assume it was Lynch. The DA has his head so far up his ass it's laughable. What a joke this is.

(http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d808afb8d&template=without-video&confirm=true)
Article found here...
(http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d808afb8d&template=without-video&confirm=true)

!Papacrunk!
06-06-2008, 06:31 PM
even if Lynch is 100% innocent when this is all over, I may be stating the obvious, but it's a pussy/cowardly thing to do, whomever did it, friend, relative etc. the bad thing is that hit and runs are getting really common. did anyone see the video of that old man from CT getting hit? bad stuff man

Typ0
06-06-2008, 06:33 PM
My point is that she layed there injured for a whole 15 minutes and then magically just got up and walked over to the ambulance.

yes that does sound fishy to me too...but is also irrelevant as far as the hit and run goes. the fact is there was a body laying on the ground and the car drove away.

imbondz
06-06-2008, 08:00 PM
i've never been hit by a car, but she was probably freakin' out

Philagape
06-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Is there a rulebook on how women are supposed to react to getting hit by a car? Maybe someone could make a chart measuring number of stitches, pain index and minutes allowed to lay on ground.

!Papacrunk!
06-07-2008, 09:20 AM
going back to my original point, I'm not sure what the laws in New York are, but here's a something that happened to a buddy of mine, we both live in Iowa:

he was backing out of his apartment parking lot on his way to the store, accidentally backed in to a parked truck. It left little to no damage--the guy's license plate got bent (who knows if it had already been bent before) left more damage on his own car, but none the less, he left a note with all of his information on the guy's truck. A little bit after he got back from the store, his brother gave him a hard time about some cops that were at the apartment area, joking they were there for him. There was a knock at the door, and the cops were there for him. They asked if he had hit the truck, he said he did and left the note, which is why the cops were able to know how to find him. They told him that since he didn't call it in, and someone else did (the victim) that it was considered a hit and run and they hauled him to jail. For a freakin tap to the truck.

I realize that no note was left in the alleged Lynch incident which would be the obvious admit of guilt, but I'm just surprised that he hasn't been brought in for at least questioning yet, especially since a person being hit was involved. There's a strong chance that he had nothing to do with it, but it just seems like a weird situation for some reason.

Michael82
06-07-2008, 09:48 AM
going back to my original point, I'm not sure what the laws in New York are, but here's a something that happened to a buddy of mine, we both live in Iowa:

he was backing out of his apartment parking lot on his way to the store, accidentally backed in to a parked truck. It left little to no damage--the guy's license plate got bent (who knows if it had already been bent before) left more damage on his own car, but none the less, he left a note with all of his information on the guy's truck. A little bit after he got back from the store, his brother gave him a hard time about some cops that were at the apartment area, joking they were there for him. There was a knock at the door, and the cops were there for him. They asked if he had hit the truck, he said he did and left the note, which is why the cops were able to know how to find him. They told him that since he didn't call it in, and someone else did (the victim) that it was considered a hit and run and they hauled him to jail. For a freakin tap to the truck.

I realize that no note was left in the alleged Lynch incident which would be the obvious admit of guilt, but I'm just surprised that he hasn't been brought in for at least questioning yet, especially since a person being hit was involved. There's a strong chance that he had nothing to do with it, but it just seems like a weird situation for some reason.
Wow! That's ****ed up! Next time, i'm betting he'll just leave and not even write the note. After seeing that ****, I know that is what i will do. :ill:

PECKERWOOD
06-08-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm really excited to see what Fred Jackson can do.

Voltron
06-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Here is a question I have not seen asked yet ....

What if this woman was hot for him and kept bugging him? He tries to leave and she jumps infront of the truck to try and stop him? How about if she just saw a Porche SUV and thought "hmm that is a good way to make some cash quick".

It sounds a bit out there I know, but people have done it!

Typ0
06-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Here is a question I have not seen asked yet ....

What if this woman was hot for him and kept bugging him? He tries to leave and she jumps infront of the truck to try and stop him? How about if she just saw a Porche SUV and thought "hmm that is a good way to make some cash quick".

It sounds a bit out there I know, but people have done it!

the possibility of this, even if it's not the case, I'm sure is something that would slow down the development of this case and could speak to why there has not been an arrest.

Goobylal
06-09-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm going with the theory that the driver, be it Marshawn or someone else, didn't know they hit the woman. That's based off of the woman being side-swiped by the car versus a head-on collision which would be obvious, the fact that the SUV is higher off the ground, soundproof, and music was probably blaring (so they couldn't hear her hitting the car and didn't see her after hitting her), and the fact that the car was found in Marshawn's driveway and not hidden in his garage or somewhere else. If you had hit someone and fled the scene, would you park the car out in the open? I sure wouldn't.

I don't see why everyone is jumping to the worst possible conclusion, i.e. that he was drunk, knew he hit her and fled, and is trying to hide. There's nothing in his past to suggest he's a drunk driver or the kind of person to do this sort of thing. If there were, it would be a different story. I have little sympathy for repeat offenders.

But why is he keeping quiet you ask? Because he knows that at the least, he's facing a civil lawsuit by the woman for hitting him. He and his attorney are looking to keep the criminal charges to a minimum and waiting for that all to be sorted-out and him to be charged, before accepting the charges and commenting on them. And the woman will be handsomely rewarded for her pain and suffering, you can count on that.

justasportsfan
06-09-2008, 09:41 AM
you just don't get up without assessing the extent of the injury or you can make things worse. We don't know if she was in shock or delirious.